Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max Level and New Worlds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2015
Greetings, i just wondering what is max level gonna be? It is 100 at max now but since i see a lot of 100 peoples making malistaire for months, gathering reagents for craftable deck etc. If the max level rises, probably max level armor comes too and all their work is wasted. People tried so hard for darkmoor dungeon. But i have another opinion for new worlds and dungeons.

For example let 100 is becomes max level, and new worlds contains new spells, spell drop on dungeons, rare decoration drops, housing and gardening drops and new reagents etc. This will bring this game smiles, because peoples are rushing for max level and their armor set. It takes months, even making it perfect takes years. So please dont add extra levels. New world and new dungeons, new badges are good but without levels and sets :) thanks.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I think stopping leveling at 100 would be a mistake. Because you have people like me that love to level up and have spell quest when you reach a higher level.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Oh and People have always farmed one dungeon and right when a new update come out farm another one that is one of the things that i like about this game

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I've farmed Waterworks a lot for the gear and now that the Darkmoor gear has come out, I'm more than happy to start farming for it. It's what we Wizards do.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I doubt there will be another dungeon immediately. Darkmoor gear will probably be the best for at least one more world, and even then, it'll be like WW gear in the sense that it's so good that you don't have to get anything new in a while. Also, KingsIsle is a company. Companies seek to make money. KI gets their money from games. How do you keep getting money from a game? Make it evolve continuously. Stopping the leveling altogether will hinder the game's evolving. A lot. And I'm sure most people would want the game to evolve. KI would hurt themselves by ruining the game for such a lot of people, and then what would we have? A company with a game that just had a massive decline in players. What do you think happens to games when lots of people stop playing? They get neglected, and soon we wouldn't have the game anymore.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
stormymastermind on May 14, 2015 wrote:
I think stopping leveling at 100 would be a mistake. Because you have people like me that love to level up and have spell quest when you reach a higher level.
idk a majority is still trying to get to level 100...like for me i have 40 more levels but i also hardly have to really play bc school sooo yeah they can stop adding now and wait till at least more then 50-60% of players are getting closer to lvl 100

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
prettydevil95 on May 15, 2015 wrote:
idk a majority is still trying to get to level 100...like for me i have 40 more levels but i also hardly have to really play bc school sooo yeah they can stop adding now and wait till at least more then 50-60% of players are getting closer to lvl 100
Not a good idea. Raising the level cap has nothing but benefits for everyone.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
prettydevil95 on May 15, 2015 wrote:
Raise it, raise it, raise it!
I have several wizards fairly close (within 10 levels) of 100, some others not so close, and I really don't see why adding more levels will make reaching level 100 any more or less satisfying. The level 100 objectives will still be there even if there are (eventually) higher goals available. It's kind of like turning up the thermostat from 100 to 110. You still have to reach 100 at some time before you get to 110. (I can never get my wife to understand that if she turns it up higher it's not going to get hotter any faster!)

Survivor
Apr 04, 2015
Xvim on May 13, 2015 wrote:
Greetings, i just wondering what is max level gonna be? It is 100 at max now but since i see a lot of 100 peoples making malistaire for months, gathering reagents for craftable deck etc. If the max level rises, probably max level armor comes too and all their work is wasted. People tried so hard for darkmoor dungeon. But i have another opinion for new worlds and dungeons.

For example let 100 is becomes max level, and new worlds contains new spells, spell drop on dungeons, rare decoration drops, housing and gardening drops and new reagents etc. This will bring this game smiles, because peoples are rushing for max level and their armor set. It takes months, even making it perfect takes years. So please dont add extra levels. New world and new dungeons, new badges are good but without levels and sets :) thanks.
even better is they have a New Legit School with all new blades, traps, wands,Clothes,Tc and not but even better like IT would be the best you will have 10 schools instead of 7 like.....and

instead of like celestia where its just helping spells, no, i mean full-on Sets

hope they will do it

Survivor
Mar 25, 2015
I understand all of your replies, thanks a lot for replying my post too. I dont mean 'lets finish this game at here' but i mean 'Let the max level becomes 100, let new worlds and new dungeons will add, more decorations, more spells and more craftings should be add.' Since wizard 101 has a sandbox game with a lot of benefits including fishing, decorating, questing, crafting, farming for items etc.But i dont want to one hit with malistaire at higher levels. Imagine wizard 101 had over 1000 levels. What is the next point then? Taking over Merle Ambrose's office? I like to play with screnario too and ofcourse i want to visit new worlds, i want to craft my own spells and decorations etc. But adding more levels are just ruin the main screnario. I am telling this again, i am not agains to adding new worlds, new quests, new spells or thing, but 100 is enough for all of us. We can do quests when we are 100 too and can explore new screnarios and can chase new spells too.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Xvim on May 17, 2015 wrote:
I understand all of your replies, thanks a lot for replying my post too. I dont mean 'lets finish this game at here' but i mean 'Let the max level becomes 100, let new worlds and new dungeons will add, more decorations, more spells and more craftings should be add.' Since wizard 101 has a sandbox game with a lot of benefits including fishing, decorating, questing, crafting, farming for items etc.But i dont want to one hit with malistaire at higher levels. Imagine wizard 101 had over 1000 levels. What is the next point then? Taking over Merle Ambrose's office? I like to play with screnario too and ofcourse i want to visit new worlds, i want to craft my own spells and decorations etc. But adding more levels are just ruin the main screnario. I am telling this again, i am not agains to adding new worlds, new quests, new spells or thing, but 100 is enough for all of us. We can do quests when we are 100 too and can explore new screnarios and can chase new spells too.
I thought this was addressed already. People want to advance beyond level 100. There's no real reason not to raise the level cap when the next world comes out.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
lewski on May 18, 2015 wrote:
I thought this was addressed already. People want to advance beyond level 100. There's no real reason not to raise the level cap when the next world comes out.
honestly what kind of storyline is it even suppose to have from here on out? add more will just be milking it too much and doing that never ends good.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
Yes raise the max level cap please. I am at 100 now and I wish for new levels and even a new world or two. I don't like the idea that I will be losing out on so much experience now. I am in the middle of Khrysalis and will lose a lot if I keep on playing since I'm at max. There's not too much else I can do in the game otherwise outside Khrysalis (just a few difficult dungeon instances, left over quests, fishing, or pet racing) so soon I will be bored. If level cap increases, then I won't lose the EXP. Would be nice to have like 20 more levels at least. Or maybe store extra EXP that is over our max in some sort of bank or gems or crystals or item that we can cash back in for a fee when the level cap increases. :)

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
prettydevil95 on May 25, 2015 wrote:
honestly what kind of storyline is it even suppose to have from here on out? add more will just be milking it too much and doing that never ends good.
Well, Khrysalis ends in a cliff hanger with that shady Old Cob guy, so I'm sure something interesting is already planned out.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
For those who hate to "miss out" on the XP you're losing because you're already maxed out... I have a sneaking suspicion that the XP numbers involved in any upcoming new world(s) will more than make up for it. Just look at the difference from Avalon to Azteca. XP rewards doubled on most of the main story line quests so it's likely that most of the main story quests in a new world are going to yield XP in the 100K range at the very least. In the grand scheme of things I doubt it's really going to be that much of a loss.