Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New school idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
They should make an Air school. It can be the counter to Balance like there are counters to all other schools like Fire and Ice, Life and Death, etc. I think it would be neat.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2012
I APPROVE OF THIS!!
They should definitely make a new school. The shadow school was kind of a flop in my opinion because only higher level wizards benefited from it. If they made a new school that you could choose to be a primary/secondary school, then that would be the best. Air or an Earth school would be the two I would choose.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
LoganCrowSpear1337 on Feb 9, 2015 wrote:
They should make an Air school. It can be the counter to Balance like there are counters to all other schools like Fire and Ice, Life and Death, etc. I think it would be neat.
Love this idea, although i would of called the schools name "Chaos" or "Ventus" (latin for wind)
I absolutely love this idea! Use this idea kingsisle! this guy has good ideas!

Survivor
May 29, 2011
I like the idea for an air school. But I don't think 'balance' would be the opposite. Because balance is balanced because it doesn't have an opposite. Though if they were going to have an air school they should make another one for an opposite. Maybe it could be Earth or something. Then they could have the four elements too! Well they have no water, but ice is a good replacement.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2009
I like the Idea but where would the school be? Ravenwood is a bit full for a school to be there, and the spot where the death school should be is used for the towers during halloween, and why would it be the counter to balance? the spirit schools already boost on balance

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
An air school is a good idea but I don't think it should be the opposite of balance. The way it's setup there are 3 trios of schools. Are made to represent animate objects. Are made to represent the forces of nature. Are made to represent luck. Binds them all together and Rips it apart. Which would make and opposites. Besides it wouldn't be a good idea to implement a new school at the beginning and air doesn't really fit anywhere.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
My new school idea would be a Chaos school. It would be the opposite of balance. Just thinking.

Jack LightGlade, Level 58 , second , third , , ,
Wolf, Level 14 , second
Jack LightGlade, Level 10 , second
Jack LightGlade, Level 6
Hunter LightGlade, Level 5
Jack LightGlade, Level 4

P.S., I have so many characters because I can.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I'm against new primary schools, and I don't think the Shadow school was a flop at all. New primary schools will only mean that we'll have to leave one more school out if we don't want to make another account, and it feels like a waste to play a character to a mid to high level and then delete that character in favour of another school. It also wouldn't make sense to have eight primary schools, having seven schools was planned. Where would the new school fit on the school chart? KI would have to remake that as well. And what about the story? KI would have to add enemies to all worlds that are of the new school, which would take a lot of time and effort. The school would also have to be located somewhere, so where would it fit?

A counter to Balance? The only sensible option would be Chaos, because how does air, wind or earth upset the world's balance? The Chaos school already kind of exists, though, it's Pigswick's version of Myth (even though they aren't actual schools of magic), so that would have to be remade as well. Subsequently, if Balance got an opposite school, the Spirit schools shouldn't boost on it anymore, and it'd be only logical to change Balance's blades and traps to Balance damage only and add a Balance shield. And Balance would finally be just like all the other schools, wait, that's a bad thing, isn't it? Spoiler alert, it is.

Also, what would the school be like? Every school has its strengths and weaknesses, what would the new school have that hasn't been used? How does it make sense to add a new primary school? I'll answer myself, it doesn't make any sense.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
firelilly13808 on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
I like the idea for an air school. But I don't think 'balance' would be the opposite. Because balance is balanced because it doesn't have an opposite. Though if they were going to have an air school they should make another one for an opposite. Maybe it could be Earth or something. Then they could have the four elements too! Well they have no water, but ice is a good replacement.
I'm thinking that for a rich backstory (like all elements have) Air magic can be the only magic that Balance cant draw from, and that's why it damages it.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
lewski on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
I'm against new primary schools, and I don't think the Shadow school was a flop at all. New primary schools will only mean that we'll have to leave one more school out if we don't want to make another account, and it feels like a waste to play a character to a mid to high level and then delete that character in favour of another school. It also wouldn't make sense to have eight primary schools, having seven schools was planned. Where would the new school fit on the school chart? KI would have to remake that as well. And what about the story? KI would have to add enemies to all worlds that are of the new school, which would take a lot of time and effort. The school would also have to be located somewhere, so where would it fit?

A counter to Balance? The only sensible option would be Chaos, because how does air, wind or earth upset the world's balance? The Chaos school already kind of exists, though, it's Pigswick's version of Myth (even though they aren't actual schools of magic), so that would have to be remade as well. Subsequently, if Balance got an opposite school, the Spirit schools shouldn't boost on it anymore, and it'd be only logical to change Balance's blades and traps to Balance damage only and add a Balance shield. And Balance would finally be just like all the other schools, wait, that's a bad thing, isn't it? Spoiler alert, it is.

Also, what would the school be like? Every school has its strengths and weaknesses, what would the new school have that hasn't been used? How does it make sense to add a new primary school? I'll answer myself, it doesn't make any sense.
I agree with you, there would be a LOT of work to make an air school, that's why i started some stuff. If you go to the W101 page and click on magic schools, it gives you an awesome lore about each element, so i typed a lore for air, let me know what you guys think:

NOTE: Zephyr's is temporary, when I think of a better name for an air wizard i'll change it.

Air is wisdom, it is the very reason we live, it is the insight of all things and the reason they are there. Those who train in the art of air magic, known as zephyr's are wise. They focus on both sides of a situation and draw conclusions based on knowledge, not emotion. They act on pure intellect, the blind side to emotion may make them seem cruel at times, however.
Zephyr's use knowledge to reason with creatures to make them join their side.
The school of Air will teach it's students to work well by themselves and with groups. Air wizards deal reasonable damage and have decent defenses, making them a great member of a group.

Explorer
Oct 14, 2008
I also think this is a fantastic idea and would love to see the air animations!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
My friend notified KI with our idea and they said they don't take requests from e-mail. So I'm thinking if we all post some forums about a new Air school, they'll get the idea that many players would love an Air school. So spread the word!