Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What pet to get for my new death wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
Hey guys. i am thinking of starting a new death wizard but i dont know what pet i should get. I wanna get a good starting pet that i may not have to hatch with to much. If you have a suggestion please reply it. thanks.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
For my death wizard, I got a fiendish foo dog which is a very good death pet. It may take a little bit of time to farm the pagoda for the dog but it is worth it. Also, spritely is one of its talents so it may be a good pet for a long time. The only bad thing is you have to have the pagoda gauntlet, or at least a friend with it. And to train it quickly use the glowing star fruit from the bazaar. Hope this helps.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
Thanks. Farmed for a few hours yesterday and finally got it. looking to train it up to adult then find someone to hatch with. thanks for the help

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Deer Knight for the extra feint card that you can stack.

Alternatively, one of the pets that give an extra blade card. (Ianthine Hound, Carnation Pixie, etc.)

Suggestion:
When hatching don't go for any of the healing talents. Go damage all the way. More damage your death wizard does, more healing you get back. In 2nd arc worlds (esp Avalon and beyond) Spritely and Unicorn are so minor as being basically useless. -> in fact, just stay away from the may cast talents.