Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School of Life, Storm or Myth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2014
Hey guys :)
So, I wouldn't exactly consider myself experienced with this gam. All I've got is a level 32 Ice wizard, whom I'm kind of sick of playing already :( (I tend to get bored quite easily, Im probably just playing her the wrong way)

Anyway, so it most games I play I generally tank so I'd like to do something different. So in other MMORPGs, I quite enjoy healing (clerics, priests etc) I recently teamed up with this life wizard, and I was extremely impressed by the 2.5k heal on a satyr sooo I was thinking of starting a life wizard :p
Sooo My thoughts about life...
-It was my secondary on my Ice, so I've seen a few of its spells
-I love healing, and healing seems pretty cool in this game
-Life wizards seem rare, sho i would be important to a dungeon team
-Will be difficult to do damage and solo mobs (time to make some friends)
-Life is kinda tanky so it wouldnt be too different
Thats about it.
On the other hand, I always teamed up with a storm wizard, which was INSANE, compared to the dmg i normally see, about 1.3 per mob on tempest. As i said earlier, i normal tank so it would be fun to try some damage :)
-The damage is very appealing
-I get extremely frustrated at fizzles even on my ice
-(bad reason) I wanna see some new animations
-Scared Im going to die heappssss
-Leveling seems pree decent
-The school is pretty mainstream

(thats all i can think of at the moment for the reasons of life and storm haha)
Finally, myth was just a random one I threw in there because I didnt want to try death balance or fire LOL :P The minions are pretty cool and I dont have anything against or for it sooo I thought I'd throw it in there haha :)

Keep in mind I probably will continue my ice wizard as I am playing with a friend, Ill just make a new wizard on the side :)

Thanks in advance for any help at all! I'm really putting a lot of thought into this haha :p

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheLunaWolf on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
Hey guys :)
So, I wouldn't exactly consider myself experienced with this gam. All I've got is a level 32 Ice wizard, whom I'm kind of sick of playing already :( (I tend to get bored quite easily, Im probably just playing her the wrong way)

Anyway, so it most games I play I generally tank so I'd like to do something different. So in other MMORPGs, I quite enjoy healing (clerics, priests etc) I recently teamed up with this life wizard, and I was extremely impressed by the 2.5k heal on a satyr sooo I was thinking of starting a life wizard :p
Sooo My thoughts about life...
-It was my secondary on my Ice, so I've seen a few of its spells
-I love healing, and healing seems pretty cool in this game
-Life wizards seem rare, sho i would be important to a dungeon team
-Will be difficult to do damage and solo mobs (time to make some friends)
-Life is kinda tanky so it wouldnt be too different
Thats about it.
On the other hand, I always teamed up with a storm wizard, which was INSANE, compared to the dmg i normally see, about 1.3 per mob on tempest. As i said earlier, i normal tank so it would be fun to try some damage :)
-The damage is very appealing
-I get extremely frustrated at fizzles even on my ice
-(bad reason) I wanna see some new animations
-Scared Im going to die heappssss
-Leveling seems pree decent
-The school is pretty mainstream

(thats all i can think of at the moment for the reasons of life and storm haha)
Finally, myth was just a random one I threw in there because I didnt want to try death balance or fire LOL :P The minions are pretty cool and I dont have anything against or for it sooo I thought I'd throw it in there haha :)

Keep in mind I probably will continue my ice wizard as I am playing with a friend, Ill just make a new wizard on the side :)

Thanks in advance for any help at all! I'm really putting a lot of thought into this haha :p
Life can be very powerful and can easily solo most if not all of the game.
Storm has the most powerful base spells, but the highest fizzle rate and lowest base health. It can be frustrating at first.
Myth is a great school if you like to use minions (at first anyway).

All these school's spells are shown below. Only you can choose what is right for you. But remember, you can have 6 wizards on one account so if you create one you simply do not like, delete it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Life_School_Spells

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Storm_School_Spells

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Myth_School_Spells

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Unfortunately, that question can be a bit.. difficult. Why you may wonder? People from the life, myth, and storm school, will most likely give you a biased answer. That may include me, as I am storm.
However, if you hate fizzling so much, storm and myth may not be correct. However, life and ice are both tanking schools, so if you dislike tanking, storm is a good choice.
Around high levels, storm is considered to be quite overpowered. My storm can get destroying mobs and bosses quick. If you like getting things done quick, life is not a good choice. Lifes usually do not solo, and if you are in a team, you are always expected to heal and tank.
Myth gets a few handy spells, such as humungo frog, earthquake, and stuns. Overall a pretty good school.
Also, balance and death are also great schools. Death and balance both get handy spells as well. You should give em' a chance.
If all else fails, try taking the test and see what works for you. Cheers!

-Sarah Waterbreeze, Exalted

Survivor
Jun 18, 2014
I'm a level 25 life wizard and I think life is a school you should definitely try.
The two main things I like about life is the accuracy(90%) and the healing. With me personally I like healing people but that varies from person to person. For me life with secondary Storm works because of Storm attack which is good for soloing. For me I deleted my storm character because I got annoyed at the low health, and the fizzle rate, even though the spells do do alot of damage. Myth is best as a first school since you don't get the minions if you choose it as your secondary, and then you could choose another school for secondary. I think myth is one of the best for soloing because of the minions.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Storm is worth a try to wipe out high health enemies, but the chances are really low, considering you can fizzle very much. Life can heal injured players, and has really good accuracy. The most powerful attack Life Spell (I think) is the Forest Lord. He uses a tree to smash enemies. The highest health giver Life Spell that heals all players is either the Unicorn or Dryad. The highest single player healer may be the Satyr. There is a Spell that heals a player over time, though I can't remember the name. So mostly, Life is about healing and not damage. Myth is the 2nd most powerful class other than Storm. The Minotaur is a powerful, yet 80% percent to cast it, or was it 85%? Myth has minions to help you during the fight. So, in my opinion, there are 2 important classes. Myth and Life. Myth makes the fight easier with minions, and Life heals those minions to keep the fight easy. They can also heal Myth players to last longer to create more minions and make the fight yet much more easier. Only use Storm in a situation of high health enemies.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
Well I am an Ice Wizard but i hav always admired myth. It has OK accuracy. And the spells r good, Especially if u want minions. maybe life could b ur secondary

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Oni Slayer on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
Storm is worth a try to wipe out high health enemies, but the chances are really low, considering you can fizzle very much. Life can heal injured players, and has really good accuracy. The most powerful attack Life Spell (I think) is the Forest Lord. He uses a tree to smash enemies. The highest health giver Life Spell that heals all players is either the Unicorn or Dryad. The highest single player healer may be the Satyr. There is a Spell that heals a player over time, though I can't remember the name. So mostly, Life is about healing and not damage. Myth is the 2nd most powerful class other than Storm. The Minotaur is a powerful, yet 80% percent to cast it, or was it 85%? Myth has minions to help you during the fight. So, in my opinion, there are 2 important classes. Myth and Life. Myth makes the fight easier with minions, and Life heals those minions to keep the fight easy. They can also heal Myth players to last longer to create more minions and make the fight yet much more easier. Only use Storm in a situation of high health enemies.
I wouldn't consider 70% "really low", it's just the lowest. I do agree that the abundance of fizzles is frustrating before you get some accuracy from gear.

Life's strongest attack is Spinysaur in terms of damage, Forest Lord is just the only attack that hits all enemies. Hungry Caterpillar could be stronger that Spinysaur if you're soloing a boss due to the 800 Absorb. Rebirth heals all players for the most, and Dryad passes Satyr in single target healing at five pips. Regenerate is the most powerful heal over time in the game at 1153 healing.

The second most powerful class in terms of damage is either Myth or Fire. I've played both and liked both. The minions are quite helpful at first, but fall off later. Myth's accuracy is 80%.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Oni Slayer on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
A few things in your comment bothered me. Sorry if I come out as mean-spirited.

Actually, the strongest healing to all friends spell is rebirth. Though there are a lot of spells so I don't blame ya.

Also, there is no most powerful class; each class has its pros and cons.

kthxbai

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I think myth because you can get humongo frog and earth quake. It is also has powerful spells that will help you.

Melissa Pearl Thistle lvl 55 and Timothy Wild Walker lvl 76

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Storm is frustrating at low levels but really fun at high. You can solo with it, but it's best doing damage on a team.

Life starts slow since it doesn't have high damage or an AoE until 58, but it's awesome for high levels, solo or on a team, and you almost never get defeated.

Myth is very fun at lower levels, great for 1v1 PvP, and pretty strong at max level. It's a drag from ZF through AZ though -- minions become useless, there's no heal, and only a weak ugly AoE. Myth started great, but KI seemed to abandon it after CL. The new shadow enhanced spell is great if you can stick it out.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
if you can't decide just stick to ice since it is your first wizard