Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance bubble

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
So bubbles are supposed to up everyone in the duel, But upping power pips for everyone benefits everyone except balance seeing as most have about 95 pp chance. I feel like balance got the short straw when all the other players got a bubble way back when. Balance has low damage but gets the best pp chance so it can spam spells (which is what balance is made for belief it or not). But getting 2 balance pips every turn (which is what most other players get) isnt' really giving enough in exchange for low blade ups and low damage. Maybe a bubble that Decreases pp chance instead of a unless up for balance. The storm bubble makes the field advantage storms, but the balance ups everyone BUT balance because their pp chance is almost 100% already. This would benefit balances and give them a slight up in the game for as long as the bubble is up. Or maybe an arua that gives an extra pip every round for 4 rounds. I feel like balance should have the sacrifice health for pips spell because it's a "mana burn" school meaning it needs more fuel to become even on the battle field. Idk maybe i'm way off on this idea or maybe it might show up in the game. Tell me if i'm sadly mistaken and put in your ideas in for a modded version of this idea, i'm ready for some serious criticism.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
goofygoober128 on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
So bubbles are supposed to up everyone in the duel, But upping power pips for everyone benefits everyone except balance seeing as most have about 95 pp chance. I feel like balance got the short straw when all the other players got a bubble way back when. Balance has low damage but gets the best pp chance so it can spam spells (which is what balance is made for belief it or not). But getting 2 balance pips every turn (which is what most other players get) isnt' really giving enough in exchange for low blade ups and low damage. Maybe a bubble that Decreases pp chance instead of a unless up for balance. The storm bubble makes the field advantage storms, but the balance ups everyone BUT balance because their pp chance is almost 100% already. This would benefit balances and give them a slight up in the game for as long as the bubble is up. Or maybe an arua that gives an extra pip every round for 4 rounds. I feel like balance should have the sacrifice health for pips spell because it's a "mana burn" school meaning it needs more fuel to become even on the battle field. Idk maybe i'm way off on this idea or maybe it might show up in the game. Tell me if i'm sadly mistaken and put in your ideas in for a modded version of this idea, i'm ready for some serious criticism.
Playing my Balance wiz I don't think I've EVER cast the Power Play spell. The 35% boost to power pip chance has never seemed worthwhile so I don't even load it into my deck. I've always figured it was an equal trade-off for the ability to cast spells that do Elemental Damage (Spectral Blast, Hydra) and Spirit Damage (Chimera) with no power pip penalty.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Since you said "95 pp chance" it seems as if you're talking about level 100 Balance Wizards and by that time you'll have two more bubbles, one giving Balance critical and pierce while the other giving want you wanted, Balance damage. So I can't really understand the point of your post. Balance has THREE BUBBLES. One damage bubble (yes, you can learn this spell), one critical and pierce bubble (yes, you can learn this spell), and one power pip bubble (yes, you can learn this spell as you've already known). By the way, it would be a little overpowered to make a zero pip spell that gives 4 pips over 4 rounds. Might as well make a zero pip Fire spell that does 400 damage over 4 rounds, a zero pip storm spell that does 325 damage, and a zero pip Life spell that gives 800 health over 4 rounds.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Agree^10.
Power Play is useless. Completely, absolutely, irrevocably useless. Damage bubbles work well in PvP and PvE, Sanctuary works well in PvP, and Doom works well in PvP. Power play is always detrimental, in PvE you usually face more monsters than players so the enemy will recieve a greater boost, and most people have better damage than Balance in PvP so giving them more pips is a bad idea. And it costs 4 pips so it's not even a good bubble changer. Power Play needs to be removed and Balance given a better bubble. A bubble that cost 2 pips and did literally nothing would be better.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Shayden181 on Dec 26, 2014 wrote:
Since you said "95 pp chance" it seems as if you're talking about level 100 Balance Wizards and by that time you'll have two more bubbles, one giving Balance critical and pierce while the other giving want you wanted, Balance damage. So I can't really understand the point of your post. Balance has THREE BUBBLES. One damage bubble (yes, you can learn this spell), one critical and pierce bubble (yes, you can learn this spell), and one power pip bubble (yes, you can learn this spell as you've already known). By the way, it would be a little overpowered to make a zero pip spell that gives 4 pips over 4 rounds. Might as well make a zero pip Fire spell that does 400 damage over 4 rounds, a zero pip storm spell that does 325 damage, and a zero pip Life spell that gives 800 health over 4 rounds.
I see your point of view as a valid argument. Now compare it to the other schools. First of all comparing that aura spell, (which I agree is over powered but for the sake of the argument i'll go with it) to the death spell which gives 3 pips in one turn, minus one for the cost. It will take off feints curses and hexs, but may also take off tower sheild which is sometimes a bit annoying, but three other common spells it takes off as well that benefit it. You could spam that spell and gain for pips in 2 turns as oppose to 4 turns. For 600 health minus the resist and pet heals which is a very small price to pay for that advantage. Next all the schools have the pierce and critical bubble so lets take that one out of the equation. Second the gaze of fate bubble which takes 3 power pips (because it's rare to get a normal pip at exhalted) and one shadow pip to get this bubble. This bubble is simply a small add-on for the actual spell. Not sure many people would cast this spell just for the bubble. And then power play which my opinion has already been expressed about. Now storm has dark rain, fire has it's bubble along with the other schools and there ARE other non balance spells that give bubbles as well. So now balance only has ONE bubble worth casting. What the point of this post is to change power play or add another balance bubble seeing as the other two bubbles are useless and hard to cast/ over priced in pips. Thats the point of this post