Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-24-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, and that means it's time for feedback. Hooray!

A few weeks ago, we discussed sun school spells. Today, let's switch the focus to MOON SCHOOL. What moon school spells would you add if you could wave your magic wand? We'd love to hear what you think!

Happy Friday, and a fabulous weekend to everyone out there!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I think it would be cool to have Moon Spells that would change an opponent into a different creature, instead of yourself.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I dont know how, but I would make moon spells actually relevant. The reason why I dont play them is because they're just not worth it. They're cute spells, but they're just not worth the trouble of playing or even learning

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
The moon school makes me sad. I saw somewhere that there's a badge for training all of the moon school spells. I haven't trained any.

I think I used a polymorph treasure card once and found it didn't help me, so I didn't see any reason to train any of the moon school spells.

I'm looking forward to reading this though to find out what people who actually use moon school spells have to say.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Lunar Mirror: All attack spells reflect off and hit attacker. New Moon (Invisible): You can't hit what you can't see. Lunar eclipse: All attack / blade / trap spells you cast for the next _ turns have moon/lunar type damage (intentional blank for the programmers to figure out the best number) Blue moon: one in a million chance of doing one million damage to all enemies (does *NOT* qualify for the one in a million badge), elsewise does 1 damage to all enemies.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
moon school? none. don't use em myself. I missed the one on sun school so I wouldn't mind elucidate being trainable again

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
There's a slight shortage of myth school polymorphs, but I don't think anyone else has noticed. Lets fix that anyway. Therefore, i suggest a minotaur polymorph. Other interesting things we could turn into that have no specific school would be a spider, a raven mystic, a goblin, and a fox knight.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Since the Moon School is all about polymorph spells, why not be able to polymorph into:

Any School Professor
Morganthe
Old Cob
Kravenly The Hunter
Any Boss
Random Polymorph (you can be a ColdFire Dragon, Hades, or an all powerful imp or sprite)
Holiday Characters
The Professor (Dr. Who)
NPC (can be random, so you never know who you're going to be)
Pets (with all there talents)
Brother Grimms' storybook characters
Superheros
Cartoon Characters
Comic Strip Characters
Movie stars
Famous Singers

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
Professor Falmea on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, and that means it's time for feedback. Hooray!

A few weeks ago, we discussed sun school spells. Today, let's switch the focus to MOON SCHOOL. What moon school spells would you add if you could wave your magic wand? We'd love to hear what you think!

Happy Friday, and a fabulous weekend to everyone out there!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I wish I could polymorphy into a dragon and attack with fire

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I'd love to see a set of blades, traps, and shields for how the different schools boost of each other with the Astral magic. Like the ones the bosses use in the trial of spheres.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
One that would heal all players and put a 30% trap on all enemies!

Survivor
May 31, 2010
Well, I think there should be a spell where the spell goes out of (whateverworld) and it shows all the worlds or even upcoming ones into space and it shows a moon then something like jumps down and attacks you.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I've never found much use for Moon spells, beyond entertainment. Some of the Shift spells would be useful if there was a way to apply power pips, so please add a Moon Mastery Amulet (or other item).

Another wish is for the tri Moon Blade and Moon Trap (myth, ice, death) to be available to players. Creatures have it, why can't we?

How about "Shift Squid?" with Poseidon's physical attack :D

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
A spell that you could change to whatever school you want with significant damage but only once.
in return give you a 50% blade of your school.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
There should be a moon spell where it equalizes you and your opponents stats for 4 rounds. Something like where everyone's stats become 10% this goes for resist, attack, accuracy, critical hit, critical block, healing inc/out. I'm not too sure if power pips and armor piercing should be included cause having 10% power pip chance would be very annoying (but if it were to be included then oh well) and armor piercing shouldn't be included cause that defeats the purpose of having 10% resist.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
before creating any new Moon spells, I'd rather drop a Moon Mastery Amulet on a boss someday

as long as the Moon spells were 0 pips spells, it was fine, not really useful, especially at high level but fun sometimes anyway and kids love them
but the new Moon spells generation from Khrysalis ask for too many pips which isn't relevant at all :
they arrived too late, we're already too high level, wasting Power Pips to cast them and it's really not worth it

if a Moon Mastery Amulet was created, these new Moon spells may be useful at last...
meanwhile, except for fun in one or two low level harmless fights to show off, it's a waste of training points to learn them
and it's too bad because these spells would find their seat in our decks if we could at least use Power Pips to cast them

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Survivor
Feb 03, 2014
-) I like the moon spells. (That's supposed to be a Cyclops.) It would be cool if we buy them in the crowns shop, like a certain version of transformation. I'd also like to have a moon spell to turn into the boss of each world. ( EXP:Lord nightshade, Jade Oni, Malistare)(creepy smiley face)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
  • Polymorph your minion. (Ex - turn Water Elemental into Cat Bandit for 3 rounds.)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Moon aura that would work on myth and storm polymorphs - that would be related to moon myth and storm. Werewolf myth pet with mix of moon spells and aura like tidal surge, earthquake, sonami, and tropical storms cause by the moons gravity as it gets closer to earth. Ghost wolf mount is to be released soon how about a werewolf pet to be released during the full moon closet to Halloween or during actual blue moon events every two to three years.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as it stands, i have no use for moon spells; but polymorph me into mally the undying (universal immunity, a wicked outfit, and total awesomeness for 4 rounds) and i will hug the stuffing out of anyone within striking distance.

(and, to quell the inevitable crying in the arena, it would be a no-pvp spell)

-von "death makes you die, but it makes mally more awesome" shadowsong

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Personally I've never trained a Moon spell because the polymorph TCs that I've used have been of very little value so I've never seen a reason to waste a training point on them.
But if there was one I'd like to see it would be a Moon spell that transmutes the wizard into his/her pet and vice versa. Basically you'd just switch places and sizes with your pet but retain all of your normal abilities and health. Then you'd have your own little mini-me for 6 rounds.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Like many of the responses, I have to say the moon school is really not useful. It is cute if you are playing a high-level wizard at low levels just for fun, but it is not really very practical at all. I almost never use the moon school spells, and I don't waste training points or pips on them.

So, if a moon school spell were put in a wand, that wand is probably not a wand I would want to use.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
The moon spells I never use either like most that are responding. But I know that I would use them if there was more battling assistance other than a few spells from another school and a change in health. What I don't like is everything else stays the same about your character. We can only morph for a few rounds, but not enough to make a difference in the newer, stronger worlds. If the poly morph was for more rounds with blades and traps that would be nice. But, what I would also like to see is the pets we all get that is our level 10 spell, put to good use. It would be fun to have the wizard morph to another school, and our pets (level 10 spell pets only) morph to more of a henchmen. The level of the henchman the pet becomes depends on how much it is leveled up and even how it is hatched with others. This way we have some help in the school we morph to, and have fun with the new pets we have.

Hero
May 02, 2009
I like the idea of polymorphing an enemy player (maybe into a Sheep for one full round of it's duration there now where they can't do anything except pass or flee the fight entirely there as well too).

As for other spells in general, I definitely think that the tri-spells of the moon school would definitely be a boon to certain schools in more ways than one, but while we're at it, let's also throw some regular old fashioned moon blades, traps and shields into the mix as well there too in addition to some more moon school attacks that deal moon damage as well there too also there as well.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
You know, thanks for reminding me Flash33! Yes, we should get the Moon Triple Shield, Trap, and Blade spells. Heck, we should have them all from the astral schools, not JUST moon