Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mercenaries101 BOXES farming event, Sunday Oct 12

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
The new B.O.X. dungeons drop all kinds of goodies, from new music players to couch potatoes to greenwarden’s gear, not to mention those sonic springs! We want you to get in some serious farming before the event ends, so we’re hosting a B.O.X. farming event!

Please join us on
Sunday, October 12th
at the following instances on Scarecrow realm:

Wizard City, Marleybone, and Mooshu B.O.X.E.S.
4pm -6pm BST (UTC+1) / 11am – 1pm Eastern / 10am – Noon Central / 9am – 11am Mountain / 8am – 10am Pacific

Zafaria B.O.X.

8pm – 10pm BST (UTC+1) / 3pm-5pm Eastern / 2pm – 4pm Central / 1pm -3pm Mountain / Noon – 2pm Pacific

Avalon B.O.X.
2am – 4am BST (UTC+1) (sorry, Brits!) / 8pm – 10pm Eastern / 7pm – 9pm Central / 6pm – 8pm Mountain / 5pm-7pm Pacific

Guidelines

As this is a farming event, groups will speed past dialogue in order to fight as efficiently as possible. The storyline in the B.O.X.E.S. is not something that you want to rush through your first time, so if you have not yet run these instances, please try to do so before the event. Feel free to make a request for help in the applicable thread over at the Mercenaries101 help forum; even before the event we’re open for both questing and farming help in these instances.

Be considerate of the other people who are farming. If you need to go afk, please do not ask the group to wait for you until you get back. However, if someone doesn’t make it into battle on the first round (particularly in the low-level B.O.X.E.S.), please don’t kill the enemies until everyone is active in the battle so that all players can have a chance at drops.

There may be so many people attending that a mercenary cannot be on each run. If your run does not have a mercenary, please set your deck up to do an efficient AoE (Area of Effect, or an attack on all enemies). A general rule of thumb is that you should be prepared to have as many stacking blades on you as the level of B.O.X. you are in. Eg, groups in the Wizard City BOX can have no blades, attacks in the Marleybone BOX can have one blade, Mooshu should have two blades, Zafaria three blades, and Avalon four blades. In many cases (especially with a full group) this will be significant overkill, but overkill is better than underkill. If you are in a boss fight and the boss will resist your attack, consider setting up someone else in the battle with blades and traps if possible. If a mercenary is on your run we will likely to set up one wizard of a useful school in that particular dungeon to be the hammer, and have all other players blade them. If you don’t have a merc on your team but your group communicates well with each other, feel free to try this as well; it can be an extremely efficient way to battle if everyone works well together.

For more information on prizes (yes, prizes!) and other fun stuff, head to the post on our official fansite here. We look forward to farming with you!

For gameplay tips, check the official Mercenaries101 fansite! To request free, experienced help with bosses & dungeons, click here for our forum.
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Count me there!
Got a Sonic Spring after much farming, close to making the Ravenwood Pogo Stick.
Would really like to get some music players and another sonic spring to make my Digmoore Pogo Stick!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Ooh! I'll be there! Can't wait!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Katherine, thank you for listing so many farming efficiency tips. I really hope that makes things go more smoothly.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2013
Im here, how do we know who the mercs are or to get into a group? :)

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
This event was a great success in my opinion. I teamed with several really good groups and never furrowed my brow even once wondering what people were thinking.

I feel I would be more active if there were other farming events like this in the future, especially if they are coupled with contests like the one hosted at Mercs101.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Lucas Rain on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
This event was a great success in my opinion. I teamed with several really good groups and never furrowed my brow even once wondering what people were thinking.

I feel I would be more active if there were other farming events like this in the future, especially if they are coupled with contests like the one hosted at Mercs101.
Glad you had fun! There will be more :)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I also enjoyed this event. I think Alexis did well organizing it. In Mooshu I earned the name "other people" by Jared, Blaze got an LOL out of that. I took my Myth wizard though to help quite a few times.

In Zafaria I switched to my Life wizard and the group let me one hit a run which was fun, my Life wizard was mainly a solo wizard so she does have the power but we did have a storm in the group, lol.

By the time Avalon time came around I had more fun sitting on the side lines and watching as groups of wizards made the run and chatting with friends I had made during the day. It's been a long time since I have been signed on the game for an entire day. I did get a lot done and love my Mooshu music player.

I didn't show up for the drops, just to fill in groups and the fun of the event.

Mary Stargem