Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't craft anything... Help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
Ok, so I decided since I had no idea how to craft gear, furniture, etc. I decided to learn since me and Celestia are not in a good relationship right now... I decided to update my gear and replace it with crafted gear so that hopefully things would be easier for me in this world. So I decided to do the crafting side quest in Olde town, Wizard City so that I could begin my crafting journey. Here's what I got to do. I need to craft 2 daggers of absolution and I have all the reagents necessary to craft it. I have 8 coal, 4 sapphire, and A LOT of mist wood and cat tails. Now here is my issue... When I go home to use my basic crafting table the dagger of absolution doesn't show up on the crafting bench. Now, I followed all the instructions on Duelist101 and yet nothing is happening. Either I am missing something or this is a bug that I should report. Either way, this is somewhat irritating me since I can't do anything about this quest, and I really need to get new and improved gear for Celestia. If I could get help ASAP, I would definitely appreciate that. I've haven't played Wizard101 for a VERY long time, so I think I need to get refreshed on a few things. Thanks again! Luke Silver lv. 51 ---

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You need to buy the recipe from the Crafting teacher first.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so I decided since I had no idea how to craft gear, furniture, etc. I decided to learn since me and Celestia are not in a good relationship right now... I decided to update my gear and replace it with crafted gear so that hopefully things would be easier for me in this world. So I decided to do the crafting side quest in Olde town, Wizard City so that I could begin my crafting journey. Here's what I got to do. I need to craft 2 daggers of absolution and I have all the reagents necessary to craft it. I have 8 coal, 4 sapphire, and A LOT of mist wood and cat tails. Now here is my issue... When I go home to use my basic crafting table the dagger of absolution doesn't show up on the crafting bench. Now, I followed all the instructions on Duelist101 and yet nothing is happening. Either I am missing something or this is a bug that I should report. Either way, this is somewhat irritating me since I can't do anything about this quest, and I really need to get new and improved gear for Celestia. If I could get help ASAP, I would definitely appreciate that. I've haven't played Wizard101 for a VERY long time, so I think I need to get refreshed on a few things. Thanks again! Luke Silver lv. 51 ---
Did you actually buy the recipe? You can't craft anything without buying the recipe first.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
My crafters are max level and it's been years since I did that first dagger of absolution. However, I THINK you have to have the Old Town lady MAKE your Basic Crafting Table. If you BOUGHT your Basic Table, it may not work for the first quest. Furthermore, unless things have changed, you cannot use an old piece of Mist Wood. You have to find a NEW piece after you get that first crafting quest.

I have never used the Dualist site, but I know Central has excellent crafting guides.

Crafted gear will probably help you a great deal in CL, but I think the best recipes are in WinterTusk, Sudrilund I think. The grafted gear in CL, of which I made a good bit, is geared for people who use their secondary school a lot. If you don't use your secondary school a lot, consider using the crafted gear from WinterTusk. Just ask a friend to take you. Some of my Level 100 players still use the crafted hats from Wintertusk.

You have a lot of reagents to gather on your crafting journey. Ask around here or in game if you need to know good places and sources for particular reagents, or look at Central's Wiki. Good luck and happy crafting.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
seethe42 on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
You need to buy the recipe from the Crafting teacher first.
Ah, I see... I thought crafters were just some people who actually craft the item for you... I didn't know they actually sold the recipe to you so that you can craft it... Doh! If only I applied myself a little >.<... Thanks for the answer!