Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you get a lot of Xp in wintertusk?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
So my wizard just finished dragonspyre and is now in celestia which is tough so i need to level to get good gear and I was just wondering if I could gain a few levels in wintertusk. Thanks in advance

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
thesuperwolfie1 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
So my wizard just finished dragonspyre and is now in celestia which is tough so i need to level to get good gear and I was just wondering if I could gain a few levels in wintertusk. Thanks in advance
Yes, the xp is excellent in Wintertusk. It's not an easy world though. You don't state your level or school, so I'd do some research at wizard central and be prepared.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
Explorer
May 21, 2011
I gained five levels (50-55) and I'm only halfway through. So yeah, the XP is great there. Also the gear is much better than, if not the same as most gear you get in Celestia, IMO. My stats have gone way up since I went there.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
In my opinion, Wintertusk is harder than Celestia. If you can't do Celestia, Wintertusk may be worse. Look hard at your gear and tactics, maybe find a quest buddy, or just go back to Dragonspyre and do some side quests. Once you reach level 56 a lot of decent bazaar gear comes available, as well as Monstrous, the third sun damage spell. At level 58 even more bazaar gear becomes available, and so does gargantuan.

Most Wintertusk mobs are ice, take extra damage from fire, and tend to favor tower shields instead of fire shields. So Wintertusk will probably be a little easier for a fire wizard than most others. Wintertusk does provides a lot of experience if you can handle the mobs.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I know this is late but yes Wintertusk gives a load of xp. I think more than Celestia in my experience. I'm not done with it yet but my storm wizard has gained probably 3 or 4 levels and a new spell, and kraken pet from doing wintertusk. I didnt finish it yet I'm in Nordrilund but i kinda stopped after I got the kraken pet . Wintertusk is a little hard but worth it

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
In my opinion, Wintertusk is harder than Celestia. If you can't do Celestia, Wintertusk may be worse. Look hard at your gear and tactics, maybe find a quest buddy, or just go back to Dragonspyre and do some side quests. Once you reach level 56 a lot of decent bazaar gear comes available, as well as Monstrous, the third sun damage spell. At level 58 even more bazaar gear becomes available, and so does gargantuan.

Most Wintertusk mobs are ice, take extra damage from fire, and tend to favor tower shields instead of fire shields. So Wintertusk will probably be a little easier for a fire wizard than most others. Wintertusk does provides a lot of experience if you can handle the mobs.
I find the opposite to be true. I do Wintertusk before Celestia because it's easier and gives loads of experience and allows you to craft better gear that makes Celestia and higher worlds easier to deal with without Waterworks gear. The whole "most mobs are ice" is also completely untrue. Wintertusk has mobs of every school, just like all worlds.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2014
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Yes,
You Do Get Good XP here in Wintertusk. It is just like getting XP from Celestia.So you do get a lot of XP sometimes its in the 10,000.

From,
Fiona FairySong
Your Life Wiz.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Yeah.

I'm guessing that's because the monsters are actually quite hard, and wizards level 50 below don't stand a chance in it.