Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't find the Bearracuda!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
I have been trying a bunch of times. This ANNOYING fish will not show up. It's just Fireacuda every single time. Is there anything that will help me catch this annoying fish?

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
The bearracuda is a rare fire fish in GH. I recommend leveling your fishing to lv 5 before going for the bearracuda, because the new lure helps a lot and the quest rewards are very small and the spell from the quest is somewhat a waste of energy. If you are a high enough level wizard to tackle the runed annihilator and wild kraken bosses in helgrind warren easily, fish in the kraken's chamber in helgrind warren. That's where I got my bearracuda, as well as a few other cool fish like the tattoo fish and the sun ray, which was 46 some inches without a whopper. I recommend using reveal school, then running into the death ones so you can't accidentally catch them then using just a minor fire lure.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
beastmaster202 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
The bearracuda is a rare fire fish in GH. I recommend leveling your fishing to lv 5 before going for the bearracuda, because the new lure helps a lot and the quest rewards are very small and the spell from the quest is somewhat a waste of energy. If you are a high enough level wizard to tackle the runed annihilator and wild kraken bosses in helgrind warren easily, fish in the kraken's chamber in helgrind warren. That's where I got my bearracuda, as well as a few other cool fish like the tattoo fish and the sun ray, which was 46 some inches without a whopper. I recommend using reveal school, then running into the death ones so you can't accidentally catch them then using just a minor fire lure.
Yes what this poster said! I suggest level 5 and going into the Warren cause you are able to step more freely into the waters and chase all the non specific fish away! Saves energy and time :D good luck

Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I caught my Bearracuda in Mirkholm Keep with a fire spell.

Joseph RedFlame 84
Blaze Seasword 43
Luke Skywalker 35
Valerian 12

Survivor
Aug 26, 2014
I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I caught the Bear Acuda in Vigrund Roughlands (the boiling plains). It was the first fire fish I caught there.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
NoxWarrior on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I caught the Bear Acuda in Vigrund Roughlands (the boiling plains). It was the first fire fish I caught there.
Same here, I used the rank two fishing spell. I have also caught bearracudas in Northguard. Two were caught in boiling fields and 1 was caught in Northguard.
Grace