Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've had it with Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Is there any way your wizard can help Malistaire obliterate Marleybone before you stop him? This has to be the most agonizingly-painful world I've ever been to in any game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. I don't know where to start, and I've not been keeping a detailed list of all of my qualms, but it's ridiculous.

Please forgive me, I just needed to vent to people who could possibly understand my dilemma. I'll go back to pointless back and forths with annoying enemies now

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
Sorry to say, the worlds get more difficult after MarleyBone, particularly Azteca. Find people to team up with, you'll be fine. I remember when I did MarleyBone and having the same frustrations as you. You'll find ways to cope. Good luck, and if you ever see me around, feel free to ask for my help.

Seth NightFlame 99, soon to be 100.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Talon Darkheart on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Is there any way your wizard can help Malistaire obliterate Marleybone before you stop him? This has to be the most agonizingly-painful world I've ever been to in any game I've ever played, and that's saying a lot. I don't know where to start, and I've not been keeping a detailed list of all of my qualms, but it's ridiculous.

Please forgive me, I just needed to vent to people who could possibly understand my dilemma. I'll go back to pointless back and forths with annoying enemies now
marlybone can be anoying with the street mobs but its easy to get around that.Just mark locations and if you get pulled ,flee and port back.you can also just be patient and wait for them to past like i do all the time

- lvl 95

Survivor
Oct 08, 2012

Take heart Talon, we've been there, done that. Back and forth side quests to fetch a purse or shoes does get old, but think of it as getting more XP so you can advance further and faster. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

I do place markers in Marleybone a lot! It will help, do it often.

Adrian 90, 96, 67

Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
marleybone for me, is my most hated world.
Isaac Silversword Lvl41

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I'm sorry to say this, but he is right. I actually stopped playing the game because of Mooshu. The worlds just get harder after Marleybone. I finished it relatively quickly, actually. Always try to join battles with other wizards, who are battling the same target. There is always strength in numbers. It would also help if you try to avoid any unnecessary battles as well. Don't worry, you will finish it in no time! Just ask your friends for help, or make new friends. Good luck.

Valdus Spiritmancer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
MarleyBone isnt the easiest world but i'm on celestia now and "wow" is all i have to say Luke DarkGem Lvl 53

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010

You may not agree with my post, but after 5 wizards at level 90 or above, and multiple wizards
at lower levels for PvP, where is what I have to say.

Get some crown gear for your level, and a pet that has 15 resist. This alone will make the
worlds seem a lot easier. If you can get may cast Fairy as a pet spell, it really helps.

Add Monsterous (sp?) to your side deck for those really tough battles.

If you are not life or Balance, get the Life Amulet, this will make healing so easy, and will
give you extra pips for damage. Try to find a friend that you can battle with, friends
can make this game a lot of fun, and have you laughing all the time.

Last, change your deck all the time for each battle, it helps and makes it so you lose less often.
I have three or four decks setup with names for each time of foe I am going to battle.

This makes Marleybone a breeze, and all worlds right up to Celestia (which does get a bit harder).

Champion
Mar 19, 2009

You obviously haven't been to Azteca.
Azteca isn't just harder, it is excessively grueling. To be honest, I think KI just got spooked by J Todd Coleman leaving and messed up Azteca bad.
It's been a year now and I'm still struggling with Azteca. Most worlds just take me a month to complete (except for Wizard City, which I can do in an hour).

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
The game starts getting really fun when you get your level 48 spell and go to celestia