Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delicate Balancing Act

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 02, 2009
Any sorcerer has been there. You see the balance enemies, and think, "Aww shoot..." Then you pack three hits into your deck-- the others are useless. But the other schools (though I neglect to) have the option of just simply using a prism(s). But balance has no opposite. So my suggestion? Make the new balance prism (Level 102, along with *hint* other utility spells [Balance-prism, ice-shield, life-heal, myth-minion] *hint* be "Convert one attack to either ,, or damage. That way the enemy will bost, as with the other prisms, and Balance has a reason. Just a thought.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
rtdv on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
Any sorcerer has been there. You see the balance enemies, and think, "Aww shoot..." Then you pack three hits into your deck-- the others are useless. But the other schools (though I neglect to) have the option of just simply using a prism(s). But balance has no opposite. So my suggestion? Make the new balance prism (Level 102, along with *hint* other utility spells [Balance-prism, ice-shield, life-heal, myth-minion] *hint* be "Convert one attack to either ,, or damage. That way the enemy will bost, as with the other prisms, and Balance has a reason. Just a thought.
Yes, Balance needs prisms, but NOT at level 100+ They need it MUST earlier than that. There are balance bosses in Mooshu... so level 30-something would be much more fair. (even tho all other schools get them before even leaving Wizard City)

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Balance doesnt need prisms. Unfortunately it seems that these posts will continue to be made no matter what, I've seen a ton of them and nothing has, nor will be done about the Balance school's "unfair disadvantages". Change your approach rather than asking to change the game. I wish I could mass post this on every Balance complaint out there. The school is meant to have no opposite, its a mixture of all the schools. You have Balance spells that dont attack with Balance damage for a reason, so strategize, buff up, and use them. Another thing, many Balance wizards hate how Balance's buffs arent as powerful as others. Train Feint to help with that, when you get sharpens and potents it won't pose much of a problem anyways. Hope this helps!

-Aerier

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
As long as I've been playing this game, people have been asking for some sort of balance prism... myself included. I actually can't count the number of times I've seen this very suggestion in various forums. I don't think KI is going to ever make this happen. I have suggested a re-write of powerplay that could make a prism a moot point here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/adjustments-id-like-to-see-for-balance-8ad6a417449189a30144f06ced1f5d9a

I'd love feedback and suggestions.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I recommend getting a secondary school.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: MooShu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Sorry, I disagree here with the prisms. Balance is known to be probably the hardest class to play in W101, I don't want that to change first of all. Maybe at level 98 an all hit spell that can either be death, life or myth damage? also another spell that does the same thing except with storm, fire or ice damage? Yes, it sounds like much but in reality all their getting is an option between elemental or spiritual damage. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
GPM499 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: MooShu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep
The problem with that becomes apparent as your power pip chance increases. As you steadily begin to rely on power pips to deal damage with larger rank spells, the value of a secondary school for dealing damage decreases, especially against high resist balance creatures. It is hard to keep up two on one when the two are dealing damage from power pips and you're not.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
rtdv on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
This would require adding various balance shields and also making the spirit shields available to non-balance wizards. I honestly see no real need for a prism.

Promethean

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
GPM499 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:

I've done that, I know all of the Ravenwood myth spells, but the highest damage that it does is less than 500 to 1 target & 365 to all enemies. I suggest either a balance prism, a mastery amulet (I understand not everyone can get these) or beg KI to add more Ravenwood spells. If they do the first, it should have a random chance of becoming myth, life, or death, for the second I recommend learning a spirit school as your secondary. And if the third one happens it will be awesome. We could get 6/7 pip spells at about level 52/54.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
Please note, I am not a Balance. This is just a thought.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
The more i play balance, The more fun i have using a single target Chimera / Spectral blast / Hydra.

Its in the balance schools identity to use off school spells, and this would kill its unique features in PvE. I am against the Prism because it would be worthless, say compared to an AOE hydra / Chimera Effect...

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
I agree. but as everyone is saying, its meant to have no opposite.

But would if a new school came... like wysteria's chaos? Chaos would be the opposite of balance. But say they made an opposite of balance, i would hope it would be weaker, though the name chaos makes it sound stronger.