Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What school???

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
Okay so i have a myth at level 95 and i really want to start a new character... I want to get through quickley, have decent health & attacks, and to have cool spells.. I am currently looking at , , or .
Likes about each:
: Cool spells/pets Sun serpend Many AoE spells gets through shields
: Quick K.O. Tempest Strong
: Hydra Chimera Judgement Ra Balanceblade Good health nice pip chance
Dislikes:
: Slower start low accuracy
: Slower start low health fast to kill low accuracy
: Slow start no opposite weaker spells
If anyone has other options i am open to them!

Please reply!!!
Christo Mythpear 95
Zachary Nightvault 54
Arlen Jade Sword 43
Lliam Wintercaller 36

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
I'm not exactly sure which you should pick. I think all 7 schools are all equal but some spells are stronger then others in certain areas. For example, as you go higher in levels, one spell may be more powerful than an opposing school but the next spell you get might have a lower attack then another school. It all depends on which school you'd like to experience next. Or if you want, start several characters but in different schools to experience everything there is to offer.
Hope this helps!
Fiona IceDust
Level 44 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
Survivor
Jul 22, 2013
I think is pretty awesome because there are a lot of good things about it and krokotopia is basically made for

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
pick because it has a lot of great spells you can get and you also have companions to help out called minions.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2011
skyknight758 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
pick because it has a lot of great spells you can get and you also have companions to help out called minions.
like if u need some health that some stole from you then u take it back ok I know life wizards would not agree but my point is is your answer and I have a lvl 32 wiz.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
Myth is a pretty awesome school, all of them are in their own ways. But actually, in every school you get a minion at some point in the game. For Thaumaturges, such as myself, we get a minion called the Ice Guardian at level 28. Here's the list for the other schools:
: Level 18
: Level: 28
: Level 28

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
If you want good attacks and DOT but low accuracy and kinda low health go with

If you want kinda low damage good accuracy and medim health go with

If you want ultra powerful attacks, but low accuracy and very low health go with

Micheal Dragonblade lvl 34

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
with the sky iron hasta from Ares in Olympus can make any school into a "hammering school" I know you said that you already chose balance, but just a tip.
P. S. I have 22% damage and 15% damage to rest because of Olympus gear (and bundle hat)
Miranda Dreamsong level 39

Explorer
Oct 31, 2013
Fiona IceDust on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Myth is a pretty awesome school, all of them are in their own ways. But actually, in every school you get a minion at some point in the game. For Thaumaturges, such as myself, we get a minion called the Ice Guardian at level 28. Here's the list for the other schools:
: Level: 28
: Level 28
But where do you get them?

Survivor
Apr 15, 2014
If anything pick storm. It has incredible damage and good gear at level 25.
Kraken-awesome spell high damage
Sirens- quick kill and reduces threat
Many other great spells for storm if you only stopped and picked it

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
you can't have a school with excellent everything. But out of your description, i'd choose balance.
The only bad part about balance is the cool spells come until like 30 levels later and it doesn't have very good pets.
But if you're patient, balance can be a very powerful school.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hunter Mistbringer on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
you can't have a school with excellent everything. But out of your description, i'd choose balance.
The only bad part about balance is the cool spells come until like 30 levels later and it doesn't have very good pets.
But if you're patient, balance can be a very powerful school.
really? Balance has the best pets in the game if you go for dropped pets.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
MythMaker1005 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
okay... so i decided on .
Good choice.

Level 90 balance here, warning you a few things.

You are probably aware of the hard bosses that are balance. These will be very difficult do defeat at some points.

Balance isn't a very good school to solo on. Balance also does best in groups so you can use those blades.

Balance has no opposite, making it difficult sometimes convert or do traps and blades.

I agree with Hunter Mistbringer when he says 'But if you're patient, balance can be a very powerful school.' My balance definitely can do about 1000 damage with a single blade.

-Molly, level 90

Survivor
Apr 15, 2014
Molly the Balance ... on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Good choice.

Level 90 balance here, warning you a few things.

You are probably aware of the hard bosses that are balance. These will be very difficult do defeat at some points.

Balance isn't a very good school to solo on. Balance also does best in groups so you can use those blades.

Balance has no opposite, making it difficult sometimes convert or do traps and blades.

I agree with Hunter Mistbringer when he says 'But if you're patient, balance can be a very powerful school.' My balance definitely can do about 1000 damage with a single blade.

-Molly, level 90
Yeh i think balance is good but it was made for multiplayer pvp. Honestly I think death is the best because the attacks aren't to low and you get health back. That almost makes up for life but I'm using life as a secondary school untill I get satry. Then get tower sheild , weakness, and other astrol spells.

Matthew Darksword level 20

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
He said he already had a level 95. Why would he make another one?

Survivor
Aug 01, 2013
Balance and death.
Balance for the blades, health, and overall effeciency.
Death for the feint, heals, and deer knight - my personal favorite!