Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-7-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, Wizards! It's cold here again today. This Professor of Fire is NOT HAPPY, but it's supposed to be back to more temperate temperatures tomorrow, so I'll just hope my firecat will keep me warm. I can also be consoled by the fact that it's Feedback Friday!

Let's think outside the Spiral for this one, folks. If there was a Wizard101 board game, what sort of game would it be? On what aspect of the game would it focus? How would it play? How would you win?

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Stay warm!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
I would base a wizard101 game off the pvp battles and make it a board\card game. In the game, players would have 7 cards to start out with and every time they used a card, thy would put it in the discard pile and draw a new card, kinda like the game. When you play an attack card, you can set it in the middle of the board. Now to make it almost exactly like the game, accuracy would be determined by rolling a die. Depending on the spell's accuracy, the die would have a certain number of sides that say, "Cast". and a certain number of spells that say "fizzle". Therefore, each attack card would have its own unique die. For pips, you can have a container full of many white balls, "pips", and slightly less yellow balls, "power pips". Every time you pass a round or use a spell that doesn't require any pips, you blindly draw a ball from the container. Then you place your pip with the other pips you collected, and when you use a spell, depending on how many pips it costs, you put that many pips back in the container. If you select an attack spell to use, you have enough pips, and it doesn't fizzle, you can use it on your opponent. You can use shields in this game, and shield cards have the same rules as attack cards, as well as every other kind of card. Say you use a fire attack spell and your opponent has a -80% fire shield, just like the game, you'd subtract 80% of the spell's usual damage(You might have to break out a calculator for this part lol). And that's the basics of battling. Of course, its only fair to have each player have the same health. There can be different schools to apply resists and boosts, but again, might need a calculator for that part! Also, teams are an option. Once you have defated every opponent, you win the game!
Well, Dalia, that's pretty much all my ideas. There are a lot of other things you can apply to the game, such as criticals and blocks, but that's it for now. See ya!

Dolan Frostthistle

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
i would say a game about a wizard life and that at the end you would have to fight a boss or another wizard if you are playing multiplayer and that you get spell cards on the way
yust a sugestion

isaac gold heart lvl 15 theurgist,,

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
hmm a boardgame.... I think it's fabulous. If it were my decision, it would be practical. Roll the dice and move spaces. But the number you got on your dice would be the level you gain (and how many spots you go, 5: triton avenue etc). So about level 20 when you go to another part on the map, Krokotopia. I would also split the boardgames apart, the first chapter (Malistaire) on one board, and chapter two (Morganthe) on another. I would beg my mother to buy this

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
As stated somewhere in the middle of the standard disclaimer, that question is pretty unlikely to get answers that will have an effect on the game, but I still have an answer for it.

Basically, it would focus on the spell casting aspect. It would almost play like Pirate 101 but all the attacks are spells from Wizard 101. None of the attacks are ranged attacks so you can only cast a spell at something on an adjacent square. You can always move before casting, (within the limits of your "speed" statistic) and all AOE effects are cast on all adjacent squares.

Although it's pretty fun to imagine, it's not something I see being put in the actual game. Partially because the spell animations would be crowded out or something like that, but mostly because we've always used duel circles, and that should never change.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I was considering similar to monopoly, and I guess that can be done too, but I think it would be awesome to have a Wizard101 version of Chess, being the avid chess player myself.

Think about it. Of course it couldn't be straight up traditional chess. But imagine if each school was like a piece on the chess board that could move, attack and have special abilities unique to any other piece on the board. The King/Queen roles would be more difficult to designate and assign.

Although thinking about this now, it might cause riff between the schools as to who is more valuable/powerful. For example Rooks/Castles are more valuable than knights or bishops overall.

I still think it'd be fun and interesting.

Risk also comes to mind too. A Wizard101/Risk game would be cool too. That could be taken so far in depth. All the schools are different types of troops. With unique abilities and some having an advtange over specific ones kind of like Wizard is now. All schools have an easier and a tougher school they battle.

Great question of the week. Of course nothing would be better than getting that 7th wizard slot on 1 account. That would really should customer appreciation more than anything I would think.

Keep up the good work and gives some more good spells!

Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Even though it is probably not the best idea I have ever had, a W101 Monopoly game might be fun to try. I would defiantly buy one of those if I saw one.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Professor Falmea on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Hello, Wizards! It's cold here again today. This Professor of Fire is NOT HAPPY, but it's supposed to be back to more temperate temperatures tomorrow, so I'll just hope my firecat will keep me warm. I can also be consoled by the fact that it's Feedback Friday!

Let's think outside the Spiral for this one, folks. If there was a Wizard101 board game, what sort of game would it be? On what aspect of the game would it focus? How would it play? How would you win?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
It would be a game where you can choose what school you want to be and then you make it like a pvp duel!

See you in the game!

Sarah Unicronflower

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
CamelTamer on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
I would base a wizard101 game off the pvp battles and make it a board\card game. In the game, players would have 7 cards to start out with and every time they used a card, thy would put it in the discard pile and draw a new card, kinda like the game. When you play an attack card, you can set it in the middle of the board. Now to make it almost exactly like the game, accuracy would be determined by rolling a die. Depending on the spell's accuracy, the die would have a certain number of sides that say, "Cast". and a certain number of spells that say "fizzle". Therefore, each attack card would have its own unique die. For pips, you can have a container full of many white balls, "pips", and slightly less yellow balls, "power pips". Every time you pass a round or use a spell that doesn't require any pips, you blindly draw a ball from the container. Then you place your pip with the other pips you collected, and when you use a spell, depending on how many pips it costs, you put that many pips back in the container. If you select an attack spell to use, you have enough pips, and it doesn't fizzle, you can use it on your opponent. You can use shields in this game, and shield cards have the same rules as attack cards, as well as every other kind of card. Say you use a fire attack spell and your opponent has a -80% fire shield, just like the game, you'd subtract 80% of the spell's usual damage(You might have to break out a calculator for this part lol). And that's the basics of battling. Of course, its only fair to have each player have the same health. There can be different schools to apply resists and boosts, but again, might need a calculator for that part! Also, teams are an option. Once you have defated every opponent, you win the game!
Well, Dalia, that's pretty much all my ideas. There are a lot of other things you can apply to the game, such as criticals and blocks, but that's it for now. See ya!

Dolan Frostthistle
that would be great! it would be sooooooooo cool! but one thing is that you can get in the dice is ( but very remotly) critical hit!

isaac gold heart

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Hmm. :P

Well, when you purchase the game, you receive a spell/guide book. It has all the creatures you will battle for that game, and important information that you will need. (resist, cheats ect, I don't have any added boost, just to make it easier for you) The spells are organized by rank, school and area*, each spell is in it's own cute two-inch card thingy, just like in game.

Now, let's get to the actual game play.

What I had in mind was a card/candy-land game. You start of creating your wizard, choosing your school, appearance, you know, the stuff Ambrose asks you when you are at the beginning. You start your adventure in Unicorn Way and advance as you make your way through the streets. (you don't have to do every creature, just more important bosses) The battling portion is actually quite simple. You will have a stack of card, which will be shuffled every time you fight a mob/boss. You will then randomly pick the top card on the stack, which will be the card the creature uses, Now, you get to pick your card from the lovely spell book. You will, using the very organized book, to pick the spell(s) you wish to use, don't worry you can always change your mind and pick another, within the time given (30 secs) if playing with others, unlimited time if you want to play solo. When casting a spell, you still must have the correct number of pips. (off-school spells cannot be used with power pips) To get pips, you need to roll a die, if you land on 1-3 you will get a regular pip, if you land on 4-6 you will get a power pip. You are only allowed to use spells within or below your area. *Area is basically the place you are questing in. When you cast your spell, you need to calculate (with a calculator) the extra damage from blades/traps/natural damage/critical (if had, roll a die, 1-3 critical, 4-5 no critical, same for block, just backwards) then you attack. If you successfully defeat the creature you get to move on to the next place and wait for the next world to come.-

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
I'd like to play a game like fire beats ice, ice beats storm, death beats life or something.

Liam Death Vault

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Vanessa891011 on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Hmm. :P

Well, when you purchase the game, you receive a spell/guide book. It has all the creatures you will battle for that game, and important information that you will need. (resist, cheats ect, I don't have any added boost, just to make it easier for you) The spells are organized by rank, school and area*, each spell is in it's own cute two-inch card thingy, just like in game.

Now, let's get to the actual game play.

What I had in mind was a card/candy-land game. You start of creating your wizard, choosing your school, appearance, you know, the stuff Ambrose asks you when you are at the beginning. You start your adventure in Unicorn Way and advance as you make your way through the streets. (you don't have to do every creature, just more important bosses) The battling portion is actually quite simple. You will have a stack of card, which will be shuffled every time you fight a mob/boss. You will then randomly pick the top card on the stack, which will be the card the creature uses, Now, you get to pick your card from the lovely spell book. You will, using the very organized book, to pick the spell(s) you wish to use, don't worry you can always change your mind and pick another, within the time given (30 secs) if playing with others, unlimited time if you want to play solo. When casting a spell, you still must have the correct number of pips. (off-school spells cannot be used with power pips) To get pips, you need to roll a die, if you land on 1-3 you will get a regular pip, if you land on 4-6 you will get a power pip. You are only allowed to use spells within or below your area. *Area is basically the place you are questing in. When you cast your spell, you need to calculate (with a calculator) the extra damage from blades/traps/natural damage/critical (if had, roll a die, 1-3 critical, 4-5 no critical, same for block, just backwards) then you attack. If you successfully defeat the creature you get to move on to the next place and wait for the next world to come.-
I ran out of space.

What I meant at the very end is... every world has it's own game. If you successfully defeat Rattlebones, for example, you move to the next place, which is Olde Town. When you have defeated Lord Nightshade, you will have finished that board game and will have to wait until the next board game world is made until you can continue your adventure.

How the board game works:

It is just basically candy-land but with the cute cartoon-ish comic version of Wizard101. (like in the abracadabra comics) Your wizard will move from spot to spot as you progress. (this is to save your spot so you don't have to play it in one sitting)

I don't see this as a game that will be actually made, but it was a lot of fun to just think about.

~ Vanessa

Champion
Oct 30, 2011

I personally would imagine a wizard101 version of Stratego. In Stratego, the objective is to capture the opponent's flag using various characters that are different ranks in the army, prearranged with their backs to your opponent on the board. The lowest rank can move infinite squares straight, and second lowest can defeat the highest if the lower attacks first. There are land mines and characters to deactivate them, as well. The characters would be the different spells. Different schools of spells could have different affects, and be more powerful to their opposites. To be honest, this is the only game I could see possibly being popular. Monopoly has been copied too many times. Games with the actual gameplay in them would be extremely complicated, and probably involve a calculator and a pencil and paper. (Also, why would anyone want to have the exact gameplay of Wizard101 in a boardgame? It's much easier just to play online.) A game where a wizard just goes around a board would be simple and thus boring. There may be options that have not been brought up so far that are great ideas, but if there are, I have not yet seen, heard, nor thought of them.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Wizard101 can't really be formatted well into a board game unfortunately...
But if I had to I would make a sort of Candyland game with you as either a or wizard depending on your choice and you would move and try to get to the end without dying from random enemies along the way.

Administrator
Great ideas Wizards! I love them all, but I can't say I wouldn't be partial to a Wizard101 version of Monopoly. ::grin::. New Feedback Friday shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I like the Monopoly idea. Instead of chance and community chest, you could have "Did not collect" and "Got caught in unneeded battle" Instead of jail: "Caught on some random object you didn't know you couldn't walk over." And instead of money, use mana and HP. Could you make Merle's office the GO space??

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I think I think I board game similar the real game would be really really fun.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010

Too much calculation required for an entertaining board game.

This is why wizard101 online is better, since the game calculates the percentages for you :) Even without blades, shields, resistances, damges, etc.... it wouldn't be much fun randomly taking a number from a random number generator from 65-105 (I forgot the range) then subtracting that from your opponents health...

The reason why wizard101 is so good is because of the challenges of shields, blades, and the other stuff, so taking that away to make a simple yet playable game isn't worth it.

But what if you make another simple "roll the die, move 2 spaces, draw a card from this pile, oops you ran into some Trolls move 3 spaces back" it would be wizard101 theme based, but unoriginal.

I suggest if you make a board game you make it outstanding, or don't make it at all.