Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hades Gear in PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
Promethean PVP is ruined. Hades gear has gotten out of hand, no matter what type of PVP your doing, whether it's 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 you will encounter Critical spammers, almost impossible to block and resist. For example the average player's damage with Hades gear is about 70-80 and the critical is around 380-480
And to block this you need around 250+ block, which is really only achievable by shedding out a huge load of crowns in buying wands and gear. Some people may say that the solution is simple, Conviction, but that just gives Balance a chance to use Supernova, and even then Conviction doesn't always work and the Critical spammer has often attacked by the time you get the chance to find and then cast it. Another example, in 4v4 the other day I was wearing gear that gave me 180 block, (I'll admit it isn't great but It should block the lower end of the Hades gear spammer spectrum) and I didn't block a balance with 207 critical, just think about those ratios 180:207 it just doesn't balance out. especially if you imagine people with double that, it would work out like: 360: 414 it's just un-achievable. I'm not asking Kingsisle to get remove Hades gear from the game, or even change the gear's stats slightly I just want the ratios of block to critical to altered so fewer block is needed to actually block critical. Please if anyone has any tips on how to block/prevent Hades gear let me know.

Evan TitanHammer
Level 95
Warlord

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I am a level 66 warlord 1600 rating, and I agree GingerNinja145, I go against private Promethean wizards that win by just spamming low pip spells and critting, no amount of healing can keep up with it. I have great gear for my level, my rating speaks for my skill in the arena, but the new gear is just outright unfair. It requires no skill and takes the fun out of the game.

Please KI do something to balance pvp, put stat caps in to give us diversity in the arena, fix match making so people with shrike at 95 do not get placed with lower level warlords.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
GingerNinja145 on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
Promethean PVP is ruined. Hades gear has gotten out of hand, no matter what type of PVP your doing, whether it's 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 you will encounter Critical spammers, almost impossible to block and resist. For example the average player's damage with Hades gear is about 70-80 and the critical is around 380-480
And to block this you need around 250+ block, which is really only achievable by shedding out a huge load of crowns in buying wands and gear. Some people may say that the solution is simple, Conviction, but that just gives Balance a chance to use Supernova, and even then Conviction doesn't always work and the Critical spammer has often attacked by the time you get the chance to find and then cast it. Another example, in 4v4 the other day I was wearing gear that gave me 180 block, (I'll admit it isn't great but It should block the lower end of the Hades gear spammer spectrum) and I didn't block a balance with 207 critical, just think about those ratios 180:207 it just doesn't balance out. especially if you imagine people with double that, it would work out like: 360: 414 it's just un-achievable. I'm not asking Kingsisle to get remove Hades gear from the game, or even change the gear's stats slightly I just want the ratios of block to critical to altered so fewer block is needed to actually block critical. Please if anyone has any tips on how to block/prevent Hades gear let me know.

Evan TitanHammer
Level 95
Warlord
A good block wand is that one dropped from Cipiti (idk how to spell his name). Its a boss in Azteca..that one where you had to set the bait in front of the cave entrances or something like that. I have about 235 block (using the frosty stare tiki torch though) and block critical about half of the time (or maybe even more). Duelist101 has a great guide for countering hades gear and shadow strike. You can google search "duelist101 countering hades gear and strike" and the article should be one of the top results.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
AustinShadowSwordA... on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
A good block wand is that one dropped from Cipiti (idk how to spell his name). Its a boss in Azteca..that one where you had to set the bait in front of the cave entrances or something like that. I have about 235 block (using the frosty stare tiki torch though) and block critical about half of the time (or maybe even more). Duelist101 has a great guide for countering hades gear and shadow strike. You can google search "duelist101 countering hades gear and strike" and the article should be one of the top results.
Hmm, how much block does this wand from Cipiti give?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
stormninja542 on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, how much block does this wand from Cipiti give?
First, it's Cipactli, not Cipiti. Secondly, the Brutal Ice Arrow Rod gives 85 block.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
First, it's Cipactli, not Cipiti. Secondly, the Brutal Ice Arrow Rod gives 85 block.
Oh ok thx.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
I just think that there is either severe bugs in the critical system of kingsisle was asleep when they came up with it.
I have a critical of about 430 and a block of about 230. I did 3 back to back pvp matches where in a total of about 12 attacks I only critical'd once. I'm not saying they blocked, i'm saying i didn't even critical.
In one of the fights, the guy fighting me hit me with critical which i didn't block 3 times. His critical was only 240! He never missed.
I am also sick of people with a 97 block blocking me 100% of attacks but they block me when my block is twice theirs and my critical is twice theirs. There has got to be a bug. All the kissers out there are going to say oh that just happens with probability but there are glitches in this game all the time and there is no way on earth that it should happen like it does continuously for so long. The numbers just don't add up.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
Thanks for you're replies if anyone has experienced the same problems, or has anymore tips please comment, it'll really help me understand the gravity of the problem.

Evan TitanHammer

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Finally--someone sees the light. All I can say is 2nd PvP is nothing like 1st Age PvP. I use to be a 1st Age Warlord but when 2nd Age came around, I didn't take much effort to regain my warlord title. PvP has totally lost the majority of skills/tactics and relies more heavily on high damage/critical (as I would call "pure luck").

I usually get made fun of because my critical is only 99 with 215 block but still managed to get to 2nd Age Commander. It annoys me a little when I go against someone who doesn't know exactly what they are doing but still win because of a critical but I guess what PvP has turn into now.

For Shrike, I kind of think KI made it for the purpose of Jades. I don't really have a complaint about shrike because I usually get around it. However, it certainly does make your shields worthless.

Ryan MythBlade, 95 Myth
1st Age Warlord
2nd Age Commander

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
Thanks Ryan, good to see another Myth with the same problem.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
GingerNinja145 on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:

Evan TitanHammer
Level 95
Warlord
I kinda agree but everyone has problems with the critical and block ratio. Once, I did a 1v1 and I had 437 critical and the guy I vs only had 19 block. He didn't have sentinel or conviction up when I attacked him. And you know, the most ridiculous thing happened. Go ahead and laugh, but being blocked by a guy with one percent chance of blocking isn't right.