Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Design-Your-Own Clothes

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
What would y'all think if you was able to design your own Hat, Robe, and Boots? Like, you was given the ability to design your own style of clothing that you'll like to have your wizard wear and designing your clothes COULD be given a price that you'll have to pay to design it (meaning Gold or Crowns). And that price would count towards the Hat, Robe, and Boots altogether. (Btw, this is designing appearance of clothes, not stats) This would make everyone unique because we'll design clothing that's based on our own liking. This Design-Your-Own clothes could be like a shop somewhere in the Spiral or it could be a work station that you could go to. This would be cool to have and it'll show everyone's unique personality.
Tell me what y'all think of this and tell me if this would be GOOD or BAD to have us be able to do. I would love to see this become a reality thou :

I hope y'all like this idea and would agree to it and I also hope that Kingsisle would put this in Wizard101 but as always, it all depends on if this is a good or bad idea.

Note: what I'm exactly talking about when I tell y'all this idea is, lets take a robe for example, you can pick rather your robe does or doesn't have a cape, how long the cape would be (also the style of the cape too) and how the robe itself would look. Like, you'll be able to put different things on your robe like stars, crosses, sword design, etc. (I'm hoping that this idea isn't a bad idea)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
What would y'all think if you was able to design your own Hat, Robe, and Boots? Like, you was given the ability to design your own style of clothing that you'll like to have your wizard wear and designing your clothes COULD be given a price that you'll have to pay to design it (meaning Gold or Crowns). And that price would count towards the Hat, Robe, and Boots altogether. (Btw, this is designing appearance of clothes, not stats) This would make everyone unique because we'll design clothing that's based on our own liking. This Design-Your-Own clothes could be like a shop somewhere in the Spiral or it could be a work station that you could go to. This would be cool to have and it'll show everyone's unique personality.
Tell me what y'all think of this and tell me if this would be GOOD or BAD to have us be able to do. I would love to see this become a reality thou :

I hope y'all like this idea and would agree to it and I also hope that Kingsisle would put this in Wizard101 but as always, it all depends on if this is a good or bad idea.

Note: what I'm exactly talking about when I tell y'all this idea is, lets take a robe for example, you can pick rather your robe does or doesn't have a cape, how long the cape would be (also the style of the cape too) and how the robe itself would look. Like, you'll be able to put different things on your robe like stars, crosses, sword design, etc. (I'm hoping that this idea isn't a bad idea)
that'll be a very good Idea, I agree

Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
Awesome sauce. I would love to create my own style clothing.

Alexis SilverHeart, lvl 72

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:

People been wanting this for too long and this wont be happening why?
People take advantage of the draw system to put naughty pictures on a shirt or a gang symbol or other rude thing. Most games and stuff who do use it quickly learn how peoples "rude humor" can be offensive to a lot of people therefore it becomes removed. Given example the Notepad feature from the Nintendo 3DS was removed for those things. Animal crossing, a Nintendo game, has this too but doesn't see as many players doing this. Even if a report function for it was added they still don't have to wear the shirt and it would still be in the game not resolving the issue. Understanding freedom of expression is one thing but down right rude gestures of creativity is another.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
there is a printable wizard coloring page and sometimes they have gear design contests

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
KaneDeathBringer23... on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
People been wanting this for too long and this wont be happening why?
People take advantage of the draw system to put naughty pictures on a shirt or a gang symbol or other rude thing. Most games and stuff who do use it quickly learn how peoples "rude humor" can be offensive to a lot of people therefore it becomes removed. Given example the Notepad feature from the Nintendo 3DS was removed for those things. Animal crossing, a Nintendo game, has this too but doesn't see as many players doing this. Even if a report function for it was added they still don't have to wear the shirt and it would still be in the game not resolving the issue. Understanding freedom of expression is one thing but down right rude gestures of creativity is another.
I like the clothes idea and the drawing. KI could look at your clothes first to see if it is ok kinda like these message boards and text chat.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Well in response to the post and KaneDeathBringer.

This is a very good idea.(Cause now I can just design my own PVP Looking Gear rather than take the time to get it XD)

Kane: I understand what you mean by, "people drawing 'naughty' things and what not on their gear", However that problem wouldn't be here as they could simply not add a 'draw' system, but a paste system where you just put on symbols from a GUI that KI has allowed.

Now more ideas would have to be added to this or else it would be pretty much useless. Let's say:
Step 1: Choose a base model. IE. For hat ill choose elegant hat, robe: Coat of Invincibility, and boots: elegant boots.
Step 2: Choose color scheme. IE. Base: Dark Blue, Trim: Black
Step 3: Symbols. IE What symbol set do you want for your hat, Ice Symbol
Robe: Ice symbol
Boots: Ice Symbol
Step 4: Choose a name for your gear set. ( This will be names of KI allowed)
Step 5: Do you want to create this gear set? Yes _ No _
End: That will be 2000 Gold or 200 Crowns

There, I believe that I made it "fool" proof. So add on.

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
IceNinjaRichardG on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:

This is a very good idea.(Cause now I can just design my own PVP Looking Gear rather than take the time to get it XD)

Kane: I understand what you mean by, "people drawing 'naughty' things and what not on their gear", However that problem wouldn't be here as they could simply not add a 'draw' system, but a paste system where you just put on symbols from a GUI that KI has allowed.

Now more ideas would have to be added to this or else it would be pretty much useless. Let's say:
Step 1: Choose a base model. IE. For hat ill choose elegant hat, robe: Coat of Invincibility, and boots: elegant boots.

Something in similarity to the Pirate Ship design in pirate101 is ok, i think pasting is a more reasonable approach to this. People however over the years request more touch and creative interactive ways to express themselves, this is one of the subjects that developers just go : gritting teeth sssssssssss: ooooooo maybe we will skip that for now.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
IceNinjaRichardG on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:

Good idea but there could be Image Mods. They will moderate what we drew and if they found it offensive, they have the right to ban us for one day, three days for the next, week, two weeks, perma ban. I mean not everytime you do it. If you do it every so often, the cycle would reset after one month of not doing it for you but we can go with the GUI thing. They have done it before with designing flags with Pirate101 so it would work. Genuis! The thing is you should be able to submit your own desgins but they got to be Spiral releated. You could combine decals that Wizard101 has provided and you can make a new one together and submit it to KI.

Administrator
Before this completely derails, just to be clear, we will never allow player uploaded content to our games, with our without moderation.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
I think it would be a great idea! Then you would be able to use more creativity in the game.

Emily Summersinger

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I think this overall could be a good idea, we could choose through other types of designs that the game creators would make, and we could mix and match like we do when we are first creating our wizard.
I'd be willing to pay crowns for that

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
needed for levels 40 and above. I believe we do have some, however they are not quite as powerful blocking or as effective in defence as they should be. A sorcerer can be attacked and lose quickly if out numbered, or attacked by fire, ice and storm. Or myth death and life, a sword with blocking abilities to block out at 100 on all wizards would be fantastic. Selling this item in the crown shop at 10000.

has a weapon that looks rather weird to handle it sits in an upright postion and when wizard is running it looks as though its hitting him in the head. needs to be fixed. needs more sinister powers to take out life from creatures at early stages. after unicorn should be a level three killing spell -how about tree kill looks like a tree spraying dust kill between 50 and 250 ratio. And at 5 pips a tree saw that fires little blades at the enemy for kill at 600.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, uploading will never work.

But if Eloise would offer an "Embroidering" option to put symbols on your clothing, which you can select from a list, that would be pretty cool.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I agree, I only like one single outfit on the game. I would personally love to have this idea.