Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

plants info

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
how do I know the plant's likes and dislikes after I seed it?
I want to know what not to plant near it..

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
The description of the seed tells you what kind of plants it dislikes. Every single plant hates stinkweed except for Stinkweed. You can also look the plant up on the Wizard101 Central Wiki to find the Likes and Dislikes. Hope this helps
Megan Frostflame Level 95

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
unicorn6684 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
If you go to your house and open the gardening tab, then hover over the plant with your mouse, it will tell you what it's likes and dislikes are.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
You could always try and find the plant at a vendor and check there or look it up online. If it's a big deal, maybe look before you plant it? Hope this helped. :)

~ Madison Ravendust

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
The fansites have information on just about anything in the game. Here is a link to one of them that shows all of the details for "seeds", in case you want to check it out:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Seeds

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
thanks fot all the replies, but it didn't solve my problem

I know I can see the likes and dislikes on the seed before I plant it
and I know I can find the information on the internet if I look hard enough
(although I'll be happy to get a link here)

but my question is how do I know a plant's likes and dislikes after I plant it and without leaving the game?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
unicorn6684 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:

but my question is how do I know a plant's likes and dislikes after I plant it and without leaving the game?
The link was already posted for you.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Seeds

You cannot know all it's likes and dislike inside the game, even before planting. You are much better off looking up the seed on central's wiki to see all the likes.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
actually you want to have all the likes in place BEFORE you plant, otherwise your plant will not recognize them

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
unicorn6684 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:

As I mentioned, plant the seeds as normal. Once they are planted, hover over the seed/soil with your mouse. And you don't even need to leave the game. This is true both before and after planting.

If this doesn't work for you, it may be a glitch. In that case, you would need to log out and back in, as with any other techie blip. And if that still doesn't do it, email KI support for further assistance.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
OldStormWizard on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
actually you want to have all the likes in place BEFORE you plant, otherwise your plant will not recognize them
That's completely untrue. Just think about it, if it were true, nothing could like Pixie and plants that like/dislike each other wouldn't register because you HAVE to plant one of them before the other. You can add Likes at any stage in growing.