Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Matters

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Hello, I would like to talk about something.
I recently had a conversation with a few people talking about how level doesn't matter in PVP. I strongly disagree with this statement. Sure, I see their perspective, but what they said I didn't think was completely correct.
What they said is that only skill matters. Now, skill does matter, however, level also matters. If you couldn't use treasure cards, like in the Test Realm Classic Tournaments, then you'd have to use your own spells. But, the lower the level the lower the spell rank. And because of this, you'd probably lose. Sure, they pointed out that if the lower level used a storm shield when the higher would cast storm lord, but since the spell is so powerful and due to low health that may not slow it down. Not even to mention the piercing the upper level could do. But, if the lower level was the same level as the higher, the battle would go on for periods of time, struggling on to the last bits of health and such. I'm sure you see my point, I'll stop talking now. But, I would like to know if you disagree with me.

-Molly level 83 balance

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Honestly I disagree, Low level PvP is fair, There is a reason treasure cards are used, because the low level spells just aren't enough for some people. Whether its level 1 vs level 1, or level 1 vs level 10, I don't see much difference, requires little strategy, It's honestly simple, this coming from a warlord, Both high and low level.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
People can usually handle people up to 40 levels higher than them. Under the current system, Level 10's can take out 50's. and 50's can take out 90's but that's where the system breaks.

Level can be irrelevant to an extent, but can't be ignored completely.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
It all matters.
  • Level - Spells
  • Skill - Strategies
  • Gear - Stat boosts
Also, sometimes it depends on your type of wizard. <3