Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! World of Khrysalis Part 1

AuthorMessage
Administrator
New World: Khrysalis Part 1
Still confident from her victory in Azteca, Morganthe has dragged the souls of the oldest Aztecosaurs to her dark tower to assemble the Celestial Choir in her place of power. Now she will use their primal song to rewrite the Spiral in her image.

The Council of Light, that ancient assembly under the leadership of Merle Ambrose, knows it has precious little time to act. Merle gathers what is left of the council – the Emperor of MooShu, Diego the Duelmaster and Lydia Greyrose – and they come up with a desperate plan: arm the Wizards and send them into the spider’s fangs. The call to action is now!

Morganthe has created an eldritch ward to hold back her ancient enemies. But the Council of Light believes the heroic Wizards can use trickery and willpower to slip through her defenses, in their last, best hope to shatter her plans.

You will be called upon to travel to a small Spiral island, a fragment of a broken world lost to time. From the edge of this island, one can see the dark swirl of Khrysalis. You will explore Morganthe's world, searching for ways to disrupt her power, help those pinned down under the weight of her tyranny, and learn the secrets of her magic in order to have a chance of restoring the Spiral.
  • Your Wizard must be a minimum of level 90
  • You must have completed the Azteca quest "Speaker for the Dead"
  • Speak to Merle Ambrose and he will send you to summon members of the council of light with the quest "Letters of Light"
Khrysalis Part 1 contains three Access Passes for our Crowns players, that will be priced at 1995 each.

Khrysalis is the culmination of Morganthe's story, and is so epic we had to split it into two separate parts. This is only the first half of the story, and the second half of Khrysalis will be available early 2014.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
gotta say the idea for this is brilliant, and congrats to: the emperor, Diego and Lydia for making it into the team!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I gotta say Kingsisle, I was left with more questions than I had before, but I am super excited about this update!

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
The waiting was well worth it; Khrysalis is now my new favorite world

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Khrysalis? That wouldn't happen to be related to the word, chrysalis, would it?

Historian
May 06, 2009
wraithcaster on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Khrysalis? That wouldn't happen to be related to the word, chrysalis, would it?
Yes, Khrysalis is a twist on the word chrysalis which is the cocoon of a catepillar during it's change to a butterfly. I think this made sense for the world because it encases many insect-like creatures (like how a cocoon encases a catepillar) and is a change from something bad to good (catepillars can be a pest for some gardens which is bad, but their mature butterfly form is good for they pollunate the plants).

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
Are there any new spells or pets being added to the new world? I would love to see a couple more items for the new world.

Historian
May 06, 2009
KymmaL on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
Are there any new spells or pets being added to the new world? I would love to see a couple more items for the new world.
Shadow Magic and surprise King Artorius spells are being added with this update. What they do and how the work is something I'll leave a secret. As far as I've heard, there are 3 new pets I've heard of (2 I've only seen). Most appear to be dropped, but one I think will be introduced in the Crown Shop or in a new bundle later. So far I've heard of the Piranha Hunter, Wetland Hunter (both dropped), and the Flying Squirrel (which I think will be a Crown pet).

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
The new world is great but its a not as hard as i thought it would be. All the bosses in the beginning are rank 12.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Oct 28, 2013 wrote:
Yes, Khrysalis is a twist on the word chrysalis which is the cocoon of a catepillar during it's change to a butterfly. I think this made sense for the world because it encases many insect-like creatures (like how a cocoon encases a catepillar) and is a change from something bad to good (catepillars can be a pest for some gardens which is bad, but their mature butterfly form is good for they pollunate the plants).
I swear its also a planet in star wars or something

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Whatever its origins, Khrysalis is fun, and well worth the wait! The "magic" wizard 101 is clearly back; congrats Kingisle team. It's easy to see what it takes to develop good material--and makes me know to be PATIENT when anticipating future additions. Signing off to go savor this one,

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
Level 90? how high does the levels goes up to now? In older posts I seen it went up to level 50 but I see that is wrong

Survivor
Jan 04, 2013
Khrysalis sounds cool. I wish I could go there. Is it hard?

From Padric Skullstaff, level 36

Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
Khrysalis sounds really interesting, By the time I turn lvl 90 I bet there might be another world after the khrysalis world LOL.

Kevin Ghost blood level 42

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
TristanDegaWolfe on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Level 90? how high does the levels goes up to now? In older posts I seen it went up to level 50 but I see that is wrong
max level has been 90 for quite some time now and max is now 95

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
This world is great for soloing and you get quests above 100,000 exp, once you hit the gorge you level up very fast. is great for soloing this amazing world.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
O: i so did not know this stuff but something tells me its gonna be awesome -logs into wizard101- -gets on my lvl 90 -

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
Morganthe is a insect-like creature.
Alexander Wintermender Level 8