Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchman for Gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I think it would be extremely helpful for Kingsisle to make the henchman that you buy in the crowns shop available for gold. Membership players don't have this luxury and I think that they should.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
This is my first post so I hope I'm doing it right. First let me say that I absolutely adore this game. I originally got it for my grandchildren and I end up playing it every night after they go to sleep. I would like to suggest that henchmen and multiple person mounts be available for rent or purchase for gold in the crown shop.
I've talked to a lot of people during the game and everyone would like to see this happen. Being able to buy henchmen for gold would be extremely helpful to those of us who need them to help win spell quests or solo quests but can't afford to buy crowns. When you are battling solo against three opponents whose health is almost ten times the amount you have, start out with full pips and have stronger spells henchmen are the only hope you have of winning. Also being able to use gold to rent a multiple person mount from either Zeke or the crown shop for a week or even a day would make questing together in a group so much easier and fun. Thanks for such a wonderful game and I can't wait for new worlds.

Administrator
Henchmen shortcut gameplay and therefore will not be available for gold.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The henchmen are considered a short cut in the game and won't be available for gold at any time. Please see Professor Greyrose reply to this thread in this same forum.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/henchman-for-gold-8ad6a41a407c198a01408dd8a4cf7d1c

There are only a couple of mounts that have ever been sold for gold and it is highly unlikely the multiple player mounts will be included in gold sales.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sassysouix on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
This is my first post so I hope I'm doing it right. First let me say that I absolutely adore this game. I originally got it for my grandchildren and I end up playing it every night after they go to sleep. I would like to suggest that henchmen and multiple person mounts be available for rent or purchase for gold in the crown shop.
I've talked to a lot of people during the game and everyone would like to see this happen. Being able to buy henchmen for gold would be extremely helpful to those of us who need them to help win spell quests or solo quests but can't afford to buy crowns. When you are battling solo against three opponents whose health is almost ten times the amount you have, start out with full pips and have stronger spells henchmen are the only hope you have of winning. Also being able to use gold to rent a multiple person mount from either Zeke or the crown shop for a week or even a day would make questing together in a group so much easier and fun. Thanks for such a wonderful game and I can't wait for new worlds.
Professor Greyrose just answered (again) about henchmen:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/henchman-for-gold-8ad6a41a407c198a01408dd8a4cf7d1c/8ad6a414407c198f0140919b23ca6749#8ad6a414407c198f0140919b23ca6749

I do think more mounts, like the ones described,should have more options; either rent or buy for gold, even the bigger ones.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Um shortcut? I have gone by faster without henchman in the same school same strategy same gear same decks

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Well then, could you at least make them cost less crowns? I remember when the henchmen began costing more crowns, and your initial post said that "it was just a test/experiment". Lots of bad feedback on the change, and they still cost as much as they do. Also, i'm not seeing any difference in them, they're not "a lot stronger!" like said.... KI, please revert this.