Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 animated series

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 04, 2013
good idea, but they already have the abracadoodle.
Maybe something with young merle ambrose and young malistare?

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
ValdusGhostsword on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
good idea, but they already have the abracadoodle.
Maybe something with young merle ambrose and young malistare?
The abracadoodle comic focuses more on the comedic side to wizard101. That's why you see the characters in your spellbook whenever you pull your map in a world zone, like in one of the three avenues in wizard city.

If the game was turned into an animated series the more serious side would be brought out amazingly.

BTW I'm fairly sure Ambrose has a few hundred or so years on Malistare age wise.
Though a flasback to when Malistare and Professor Drake were younger would be an interesting episode.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Sounds awesome! Would you mind if this thread was posted on Pirate101 too? It sounds like an excellent idea and I would watch both shows all the time. XD

~Katherine DeathHunter, level 85 ~
me too! and I really like you're username. "just add bacon", love it! maybe because I believe that if you " just add bacon" to just about everything, it's better!

Brianna Lifegiver level 61 & :)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
I think that it would be a awesome idea!!! I would watch it.

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
rusher2828 on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
The abracadoodle comic focuses more on the comedic side to wizard101. That's why you see the characters in your spellbook whenever you pull your map in a world zone, like in one of the three avenues in wizard city.

If the game was turned into an animated series the more serious side would be brought out amazingly.

BTW I'm fairly sure Ambrose has a few hundred or so years on Malistare age wise.
Though a flasback to when Malistare and Professor Drake were younger would be an interesting episode.
OK, first of all, I accidentally deleted my best wizard, Alex Goldcoin! Anyway, we should call the episode, "Secrets Revealed"

Defender
Aug 15, 2010
rusher2828 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I have a minor ,but important detail I would like to get out there especially for anybody who contributes to the developing idea of a Wizard101 animated series.

I know many of you are very avid when it comes to playing the game of Wizard101 to the point where you have it down to a science.
When thinking of new ideas you should view it as less of a gaming expierence and more like a story of a world of magic with serious consequence and benefit through action.

One last thing for this message I'm posting. Just think how amazing everything in the spiral will look when it's interpreted through the computer generated graphics you see in the amazing malistare fight commercials as seen on TV. (Which were masterfully created by Kingsisle)
Just imagine your favorite spells coming to life through this amazing animation style.

Sincerely yours rusher2828
I totally agree with you, I mean, that animation would look so good on TV!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
superspy2 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree with you, I mean, that animation would look so good on TV!
Ty I was worried people would think I was refering to the way abracadoodle was drawn as an animation style for the series.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
me and my brother were thinking about making one kinda like a webseries but an animaton and we are working on starting something like this up but first we are gonna send an email to KingsIsle asking for permission to do this since they are the ones who started wizard101 and we also plan on making seasons and every season can be a certain character and they all meet up on season 5 although it may take time im fine with it i am gonna need some people to voice it but first we are working on which application we wanna use we thought about blender and autodesk maya but we still need to figure it out and its not gonna look like some really bad work we wanna make this look AMAZING like the W101 commercial they did a while ago let me know if you like this idea!!!

Survivor
May 07, 2011
I have a few ideas of my own, actually.

Jack Doomheart : A shy, curious boy who was dragged to Wizard City after witnessing a battle between a Death Wizard and a Draconian outside his home.

May Pixiepetal : A beautiful and outgoing girl who befriended Jack during his first day at Ravenwood. Despite her overly-nice attitude, she shows now mercy to enemies and is somewhat vain.

Jayden Blazerunner: A funny and mischievous boy and Jack's best friend. He is often found trying to prank unsuspecting students and has gotten in trouble with teachers numerous times.

Caitlin Earthfist : A younger girl who was transferred into Ravenwood due to her excellent magic capability. Despite being an excellent dueler, she relies to much on other people and her minions.

Eric Lightgiver : An intelligent and awkward boy who, when not in class, is building some kind of contraption. He is reckless and tries to do things as fast as possible.

Helena Winterwind : A cold and calculating girl who often make snide comments at other people. Despite her cold exterior, she genuinely tries to help people change.

Norman Lightgiver : The older and more mature brother of Eric. Unlike his brother, who jumps into everything, he takes time to calculate every outcome to a situation and likes to take things slow.

The beginning could go like this: Jack wakes up in the middle of the night because of a commotion outside. He watches a duel between a Death Wizard and a Draconian. As the Death Wizard defeats the Draconian, she leaves, unnoticed by several passerbys. In the morning, he finds the wizard and his parents in the kitchen. They tell them that they are not actually his parents, but his aunt and uncle. He originated from Wizard City, and that he is of magical origin. His mother dies a few months after his birth, and his father, who could no longer support him, sent Jack to live with his wife's sister. He told them when he was old enough, to send him back to wizard city.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2014
Hmm, ah, excellent idea!~ ^^

I would love to have it lean toward the student side of the Spiral, such as wizards actually in class, learning their spells and whatnot. It would also be quite amazing to see some of the worlds in a more anime/manga style format?? There's so many possibilities. It would definitely be a beautiful, fast-flowing anime. That would be something I'd be hooked on.
-kayla dawn- lv. 29

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
ElizabethStormtalo... on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
I have a few ideas of my own, actually.

Jack Doomheart : A shy, curious boy who was dragged to Wizard City after witnessing a battle between a Death Wizard and a Draconian outside his home.

May Pixiepetal : A beautiful and outgoing girl who befriended Jack during his first day at Ravenwood. Despite her overly-nice attitude, she shows now mercy to enemies and is somewhat vain.

Jayden Blazerunner: A funny and mischievous boy and Jack's best friend. He is often found trying to prank unsuspecting students and has gotten in trouble with teachers numerous times.

Caitlin Earthfist : A younger girl who was transferred into Ravenwood due to her excellent magic capability. Despite being an excellent dueler, she relies to much on other people and her minions.

Eric Lightgiver : An intelligent and awkward boy who, when not in class, is building some kind of contraption. He is reckless and tries to do things as fast as possible.

Helena Winterwind : A cold and calculating girl who often make snide comments at other people. Despite her cold exterior, she genuinely tries to help people change.

Norman Lightgiver : The older and more mature brother of Eric. Unlike his brother, who jumps into everything, he takes time to calculate every outcome to a situation and likes to take things slow.

The beginning could go like this: Jack wakes up in the middle of the night because of a commotion outside. He watches a duel between a Death Wizard and a Draconian. As the Death Wizard defeats the Draconian, she leaves, unnoticed by several passerbys. In the morning, he finds the wizard and his parents in the kitchen. They tell them that they are not actually his parents, but his aunt and uncle. He originated from Wizard City, and that he is of magical origin. His mother dies a few months after his birth, and his father, who could no longer support him, sent Jack to live with his wife's sister. He told them when he was old enough, to send him back to wizard city.
I like the prospect of the main character no matter which school he or she may go to that somehow they had a special quality about them compared to their surrounding environment. Like it says in the begging of the game the wizard Ambrose had found (the gamer so to speak) comes from "A world that doesn't even believe in magic" so that quality would be pronounced somehow.
Way to think about those small details Elizabeth.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
moaningmyrtlee on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, ah, excellent idea!~ ^^

I would love to have it lean toward the student side of the Spiral, such as wizards actually in class, learning their spells and whatnot. It would also be quite amazing to see some of the worlds in a more anime/manga style format?? There's so many possibilities. It would definitely be a beautiful, fast-flowing anime. That would be something I'd be hooked on.
-kayla dawn- lv. 29
Transferring the game graphics into an anime style would definitely be a tricky thing to do. As a fan of anime myself I know what your talking about. It would require artists to really re-think how things would look when making that form of art graphics transition. Not the easiest thing to do but the angle shots would be really cool when it came to casting the spells with criticals. That whole surge of power thing is common in that genre of animation.

In all it would be up to Kingsisle for legal and fudamental reasons but the idea isn't half bad.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
FranticCbeezy on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
me and my brother were thinking about making one kinda like a webseries but an animaton and we are working on starting something like this up but first we are gonna send an email to KingsIsle asking for permission to do this since they are the ones who started wizard101 and we also plan on making seasons and every season can be a certain character and they all meet up on season 5 although it may take time im fine with it i am gonna need some people to voice it but first we are working on which application we wanna use we thought about blender and autodesk maya but we still need to figure it out and its not gonna look like some really bad work we wanna make this look AMAZING like the W101 commercial they did a while ago let me know if you like this idea!!!
Somebody did something like this at home with the abracadoodle mini series on the wizard101 homepage. I commend you for wanting to try something like this with your own resources and friends to help you.

Be careful though. Many people play the game and have seen the commercials so I imagine they will have high expectations. So you should consider heavily about how to interpret the graphics of the game into CG animation. So be ready for criticism for those who are picky and have an eye for detail. It would help if you actually worked with kingsisle for those details and concepts you may not see at first. Then it could become a project financed by the actual company.

Just keep me updated on how it goes it sounds interesting either way.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I'd watch it. But still, it's hard to manage a MMO, let alone a TV show.

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Stormgem307 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
That's a really cool idea!! Would be my fave show
mine too! :D

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Sounds awesome! Would you mind if this thread was posted on Pirate101 too? It sounds like an excellent idea and I would watch both shows all the time. XD

~Katherine DeathHunter, level 85 ~
You asked this question a while ago and I forgot to quote it so I could give you a proper response.
I wouldn't mind if you posted a thread to pirate101. It would definitely help get the idea out there.
So if you see this go right ahead and if you already have done so thank you.

Sincerely yours Rusher2828.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Love it! Maybe we could enter our own wizards in a sort of contest and the winners could appear in the show! I would love to see James defeating malistaire In an animated show based off of my most favorite game. I do believe there can only be four main characters in the series due to the battle circle only holding four wizards.

James Iceglade, level 36

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
This sounds great! Call it corny, but I'd like it if it was done in like an Anime styled art, it would just be easier and less cost effective like that! Anyone agree?

-Aaron Fireblade Level 42

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Blau Blitz Wolf on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
I'd watch it. But still, it's hard to manage a MMO, let alone a TV show.

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9
Glad to know the people here like the idea and would want to watch the series if it ever came to fruition.

I know the idea of the game becoming an animated series sounds a little farfetched but there are some things that could put to rest some of your disbelief or that of others who read this topic.
In the past there have been incorporations of video games into the film and entertainment industry.

A few games that have gone through this transition include the Resident Evil series, Mortal Combat, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, and even Mario.

Though not animated they are great examples of what a popular video game can become.
So this might actually have a good chance of happening.(You never know)

Sincerely yours Rusher2828.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
They could pick various wizards! And if they do, I think it should be on CT ( Cartoon Network)

The first episode could be wizard problems ( the abracadoodle comics will fit great for the series; picking wizards though, it doesn't need to be a drawing) I assume this is a great idea! Whoever made the comics is a genius

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
This would be awesome! Better yet it could be made into a movie. That would be awesome if all pets were featured in it maybe even extra shows like, "Meet The Pets" and other stuff like that.

Defender
May 01, 2011
I'd love to see a Wizard101 show! First, what TV channel would it be on? Or would it be posted on the KI YouTube channel? Another idea could be that if there is an update (for example the Aquila dungeons), there could be a special extended episode where the wizards discover the new update and show what it is!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
This would be such a great idea, I would totally watch!
Also, I think they should include like the pet of the week, and show a new pet each week!

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Hmm That would be something I would totally watch But I just Dont think kingsisle really is gonna put much effort into this if they could, I have always noticed that when games are made into movies and such I never see the creator making it. I dont mean to be a downer but i dont really think they can make The same effects from the game apply to a show. Also kingsisle is a gaming company so it is not fit to make a succesful show if it is gonna be really popular,but i am not proffesional I hate to be a downer. But if it were to strangely happen i would expect 3 to 5 minute shorts possibly made from the comical type simplistic animation they sometimes use (still cool)
Well Thats my opinion

-Natalie WillowBloom Level 21 Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
rusher2828 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
I might not be the first one to think of this but i might as well say something. When i saw the recent animated commercials made by kingsisle an idea came to mind. Using this type of animation kingsisle should make an animated series based on the story and storyline of the wizard 101 game. It would be an amazing thing to see all the spells, characters, and, story come to life in an animated series. Kingsisle even already has characters to use in the show. The characters in the abracadoodle comic would work great.
I mean the female life wizard and the male storm wizard from the comic.
The two other wizards that would work would be female ice wizard and the male myth student seen in the malistare fight commercial as seen on TV and youtube.

If other players see this tell me if you think it's a good idea. And dont be afraid to sugest things you think kingsisle should put in the series if they did make a series based off the wizard101 game.

What do "you" think
Awesome!!