Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 animated series

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
An animated Wizard 101 Series would be very cool. You can have a group of friends in the real world accidentally discover a portal that Merle Ambrose created for them to use, so they can all help save the Spiral. As they are teleported into Wizard City or some other location, they are all transformed into a different wizard class. The series can follow the actual game's storyline in its entirety; as the content is well written...

...the opportunity exists to create new storylines befitting adventurers from the real world.

Thankfully, there's already a wealth of books, tv shows, and films which have already successfully done this; so KI can venture into animated tv shows and film series already with a solid fan base in place; as well as gain a completely new tv and film fan base too.

Walt Disney wanted everyone to visit his amusement park and buy his products, so he created the American TV variety show called the Mickey Mouse Club. This show aired intermittently from 1955 to 1996.

It makes sense what started out as great games, evolve into books, tv shows and films too.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Natalie Willowblos... on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
Hmm That would be something I would totally watch But I just Dont think kingsisle really is gonna put much effort into this if they could, I have always noticed that when games are made into movies and such I never see the creator making it. I dont mean to be a downer but i dont really think they can make The same effects from the game apply to a show. Also kingsisle is a gaming company so it is not fit to make a succesful show if it is gonna be really popular,but i am not proffesional I hate to be a downer. But if it were to strangely happen i would expect 3 to 5 minute shorts possibly made from the comical type simplistic animation they sometimes use (still cool)
Well Thats my opinion

-Natalie WillowBloom Level 21 Theurgist
I understand the doubts you have behind this idea. It's honestly justified.
I've seen myself the points you've made about turning games into an animated series.
The commercials this idea was based off of was made by the company of Kingsisle. So the idea for an animated series is still in the realm of possibility. They are capable.
Even if the episodes ended up being short they would still look great considering if they incorporated the CGI animation they used in the Malistare fight commercials.

BTW I or anybody else who's read this wouldn't call you a downer. You're more like a constructive critic who helps to further a developing idea. Thank you for your opinion.

Sincerely yours Rusher2828

Explorer
May 29, 2014
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
If Wizard101 were to be made into a real TV show, i would watch every episode. But they should have different story lines for all the different schools, but then they all come together for the final battle with Morganthe.

Casting voice actors,

Duncan Windleaf, Level 79 Diviner

Cameron Sungem, Level 20 Sorcerer

Coyle Deathshade, Level 9 Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
GhostoftheRobot on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I absolutely this idea My kids really submerge into this game, and to be honest so do I . I think it would also be a spectacular way to bring new players into our little world. They could even add a reward, like a code popping up during the show that will get you a free housing item based on what happened in the episode! Now that would be They would have my hooked for the of the show
That is so amazing! Just pure amazing. That idea would be perfect, and also like at the end of a lot of tv shows, they say like enter now for a chance to win blah blah... :D

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Would the cartoon be CGI or hand drawn and which would everyone like best....I don't mean to derail the post I just want to know LOL

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Balance princess on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
Would the cartoon be CGI or hand drawn and which would everyone like best....I don't mean to derail the post I just want to know LOL
CGI to match the commercials.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
superspy2 on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the nice comment, but I need to be more specific on The Argument (PvP) Details listed below:

So one of my characters and one of your characters could have a feud. They'd be fighting over what to do next, go shopping or go to Mooshu. The other 12 characters are really annoyed for fighting over such a dumb thing. The arguing wizards force everyone to go and watch them duel at the Arena in Unicorn Way. They walk up to the doors and Diego the Duelmaster notices them screaming and yelling. He says "Stop, young wizards! What's going on?" he asks. One of the wizards explains what's happening. Diego says: "Well, I can't allow angry wizards to destroy each other" One of the angry wizards shoves him out of the way and drags in the other wizard. A shadow in the corner was spotted by Dawn, your life wizard, and walks to the commons. Everyone walks into the arena, annoyed. The first spell was cast, "STOP!" someone yells. It was Merle Ambrose. "You two, come with me" he says. "I just heard from Wolf Darkdemon (AKA the bad guy) that you shoved Diego." The wizards keep pointing at one another and stuttering. "Stop, I have talked to your teachers, they are most disappointed, I'm afraid I have no choice, you are suspended from Ravenwood for 2 weeks for hitting a teacher, hand over your wands and decks now." Both do as he just commanded. They walk out sighing.

That was a little preview of that idea, add on to it if you'd like.
That's a good idea how about this:
Teacher's son John Drake tries to fit in after enrolling Ravenwood Academy facing his evil uncle Malistare, Morganthe, bullies, and of course magic mischief by his mysterious friend(Hint: she is a golden(good student) girl who is a balance wizard but thinks that shadow magic is pretty cool and she loves to make new friends, but she is bullied). Ok fine it's me! I hope you like it! It views on real situations with a little fun on the way.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
An animated Wizard 101 Series would be very cool. You can have a group of friends in the real world accidentally discover a portal that Merle Ambrose created for them to use, so they can all help save the Spiral. As they are teleported into Wizard City or some other location, they are all transformed into a different wizard class. The series can follow the actual game's storyline in its entirety; as the content is well written...

...the opportunity exists to create new storylines befitting adventurers from the real world.

Thankfully, there's already a wealth of books, tv shows, and films which have already successfully done this; so KI can venture into animated tv shows and film series already with a solid fan base in place; as well as gain a completely new tv and film fan base too.

Walt Disney wanted everyone to visit his amusement park and buy his products, so he created the American TV variety show called the Mickey Mouse Club. This show aired intermittently from 1955 to 1996.

It makes sense what started out as great games, evolve into books, tv shows and films too.
Thank you for adding your well founded perception and research into the developing idea of a Wizard101 animated series. The information and optimism you put behind it only reassures the confidence I have in the idea, including the contributions made by all who have commented on this subject.
So hopefully with the continuing commentation received here the idea will become reality.
So with that I say thank you to Tylerwildpants for sharing his ideas and to anyone who has or will share their ideas here to further the idea of an animated series based off the game Wizard101.

Sincerely yours Rusher2828.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Sounds awesome!!! I would love to see it happen. Based on the schools, each character should have their own personality.
- calm, and always strives for order, meditates often, most likely leader. true pvp champ but keeps his powers hidden.
- somewhat evil, stands in the shadows, penny dreadful's older brother. helps malistaire. penny comes in later after her brother crosses over to the dark side.
-hothead, constantly bickers with storm. pvp champ. has an older sister.
-newbie, cyrus drake's son. storm and fire try to teach him pvp basics. kind of shy.
-she is loud and enthusiastic, always wanting to help her friends.
-ego maniac lol, says he's the most powerful. pvp champ. has a younger sister.
-backs up balance, and breaks up fights with storm and fire lol. pvp champ. could be greyrose's son/daughter.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
This is a really cool idea. I love it It would also be cool if you made a movie about wizard101. Maybe the morganthe storyline would be cool

- Oran Ghostblood lvl 77

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
Dude my fav show ever this is an amazing idea. one thing though. you could also post videos of yourself playing the game and have a chance of your character being in the show

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
BasicWizards (on youtube) made the show based on the Abracadoodle comics named, The Abracadoodle Show

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Wow you're a total genius!
That would definitely be one of my favorite shows! Wizard101 rocks! Right? And to make it in a show would be the best! Maybe some day they will! :)

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
FunWizzygirl100 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Wow you're a total genius!
That would definitely be one of my favorite shows! Wizard101 rocks! Right? And to make it in a show would be the best! Maybe some day they will! :)
Thank you and yes it really does rock.
Maybe someday it might just happen.

Defender
May 17, 2014
Seems like a rather cool idea. I hope it comes to life.

But I hope it wont be 3D as that takes a LOT of time, that said coming from an animator.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2012
That is one awesome idea. I hope it will happen.

Jenna EarthBreeze- Level 16 Theurgist

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
daniel firebreaker on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Dude my fav show ever this is an amazing idea. one thing though. you could also post videos of yourself playing the game and have a chance of your character being in the show
I can definitely see a raffle of sorts for characters of players receiving a cameo in the series. The name of the character may not be mentioned ,but I'd imagine they'd mention the winners before an episode involving them was released. It would be a great way for players to feel more involved with the series.

They could even have a raffle for the names of the main characters suggested by the fans.

As for the appearance of two of the characters ,I'm fairly sure that's pretty much set. Meaning the two wizards from the Malistaire fight commercials. As for the physical appearance of any other character that might be a main character they could use the other characters from the tournament commercial. If not they could again take suggestions from players.

Thank you Daniel Firebreaker for suggesting your idea here on this topic and contributing to the idea of a wizard101 series.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Honestly, I think it's a neat and creative idea, but that commercial looked beautiful: it Must of cost a lot of money and time to make. If Kingsisle focused their attention to making an animated series, it would draw SO MUCH time that could be used for the actual game! And if they payed someone else to do it, it could turn out a disaster, because they could get the story wrong, and many other things could turn out a disappointment.
I don't think they should, it would be too much effort for something so unnecessary. It would be a great source for marketing, and drawing new players, but the idea of a small gaming studio making a TV series sounds ridiculous.

Neat Idea Though

Blaze Stormmancer- Victor Of Kan Davasi

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
lettup on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, I think it's a neat and creative idea, but that commercial looked beautiful: it Must of cost a lot of money and time to make. If Kingsisle focused their attention to making an animated series, it would draw SO MUCH time that could be used for the actual game! And if they payed someone else to do it, it could turn out a disaster, because they could get the story wrong, and many other things could turn out a disappointment.
I don't think they should, it would be too much effort for something so unnecessary. It would be a great source for marketing, and drawing new players, but the idea of a small gaming studio making a TV series sounds ridiculous.

Neat Idea Though

Blaze Stormmancer- Victor Of Kan Davasi
Glad you like the idea.

Those are good key points you've made about this post.

The time and production could be rearranged to fit the capabilities of the company.
The best thing to do in the sense of the presentation of the series would be to keep the episodes short and to only put the episodes on the site. The episodes never had to be for television. That way resources and time for something like this could be streamlined while still preserving what we'd expect from something produced by Kingsisle.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I was thinking and please tell me if this is good or not!
The show has 12 Main characters!
Ambrose needs a crew of wizards to sail to a distant world on the flying ship "The Ship of the Spiral" to stop a new threat (this show can't be about the actual storyline in the game because of the lower level wizards who we wouldn't want to spoil the storyline to, or maybe there is a section online where you are required to type in your password so you can only watch the episodes you have completed in the game)

The Crew:
THE LEADER - Flint SwiftShard (Brave, and Cousin to Cody)
THE HOTHEAD - Blake SkyWalker (Large Ego)
THE DEFENSE - Cody FrostDust (Funny, Somewhat Smart, Cousin to Flint)
THE BRUTE - Kane StormHammer (Strong)
THE MEDIC - Sarah LifeCaller (Nice)
THE SMARTS - Jane MythBlade (Smart, Attractive)
THE TRADER - Caroline DeathBane (Secretly Working for the enemy)
THE FAME - Jacob StarHunter (Large Ego)
THE QUIET - Zane MoonHorn (Quiet)
THE COOL - Austin JadeTrader (cool)
THE NEW - James ShadowStalker (Well Balanced)
THE CYCLOPS - Carl The Cyclops (The Crews Mentor, Clumsy)

They all embark on a quest together!

Thanks!
Cody FrostDust and Emma the Otter!

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I like it but I think they should use cartoon animation like the show Teen Titans or Yu Gi Oh. The animation in the commercial is cool but I dont see that evolving into a hit series that way. There can be like seven main characters one from each school of magic and each character could have different unique personality traits.
But besides that I love the idea.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Its a pretty cool idea but this will most likely never happen, as to if they did, some players would get kinda upset.

In my fan fictions ill be writing at Fan Fiction.net, though ive made my own order of events.
But that doesnt matter

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Great idea, but it might not be. Many players (like me) don't have cable, so if they were to give out codes that would be a Huge 1 up to cable users!

Andrew Willowfriend 54

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
rusher2828 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
I might not be the first one to think of this but i might as well say something. When i saw the recent animated commercials made by kingsisle an idea came to mind. Using this type of animation kingsisle should make an animated series based on the story and storyline of the wizard 101 game. It would be an amazing thing to see all the spells, characters, and, story come to life in an animated series. Kingsisle even already has characters to use in the show. The characters in the abracadoodle comic would work great.
I mean the female life wizard and the male storm wizard from the comic.
The two other wizards that would work would be female ice wizard and the male myth student seen in the malistare fight commercial as seen on TV and youtube.

If other players see this tell me if you think it's a good idea. And dont be afraid to sugest things you think kingsisle should put in the series if they did make a series based off the wizard101 game.

What do "you" think
I thought the guy was ?