Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why not a Zoo?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
hello fellow wizards

I imagine that, like me, you all have dozens of pets.
Thinking about it, why not have a zoo? Perhaps create a home,but instead of home, something like the Zafaria zoo.A place where we can expose all our pets, divided by schools each one with school theme fences.Maybe also a small building with singular cages for our special pets and one hatching thing (i dont remember the name )
For me it could be "crowns only" house because i buy the same way, but you all can give your opinion.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong but english is not my first language

John MoonWhisper lvl 90

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
I love this idea and have also thought of asking for the same.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I've submitted the idea in the past of a shared pet zoo where all your wizards can access all your pets.

You could even do a search like "Show me all my pets with Spell Proof," or "Show me all my pets with Spiffy Pop." As it is now, I lose pets all the time, moving them around to be hatched by whatever wizard of mine has the cash. Then the pet is often trained by yet another wizard. And then that pet might be equipped by yet again another wizard. It makes hatching and finding pets a very confusing endeavor.

It certainly takes time to develop something like this. We can only hope that KI also believes this to be the excellent idea, and that the wheels on creating this are already in progress.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
A zoo to keep our pets has been asked for before, and I still agree with it. I have a ton of pets just taking up room in my shared bank that I wouldn't mind letting run loose.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
dayerider on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
A zoo to keep our pets has been asked for before, and I still agree with it. I have a ton of pets just taking up room in my shared bank that I wouldn't mind letting run loose.
I'm asking this just because of that.
My pets are all disperse for my 3 wizards, 6 houses, bank and shared bank

I don't even know how many i have.House Zoo will solve my problem for sure

John MoonWhisper lvl 90

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I like it! But, I really can't afford for it to be crowns only... I can't buy crowns because my allowance is super tiny.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Great idea! This sort of thing has been suggested before, by me and others. It would be very popular!

Personally I wouldn't want my pets in cages, but something like a nature park with different areas or "biomes". I imagine this being sold as a premium castle, with the "house" just a small "Ranger Station" but lots of land. There could be a snowy hill for ice pets, a grassy and wooded area for life & myth pets, with a spooky death cave or graveyard in back, a little lake or beach for the sea / storm creatures, and a small volcano / lava pool for fire.

Special features might include a mini-game sigil or "snack a day" dispenser, and best of all .... a "Guide Book". When we visit a park or nature reserve there are often guides to the wildlife there, so we get one too! The guide book would be a feature of our castle that would let us click on one of our roaming pets and see it's profile (stats and talents, just as in our spell book) without picking it up, or select a profile from a menu of pets on the grounds. This would be a fantastic convenience when we are trying to find a specific pet for a hatch. Please consider offering something like this.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DarkFeh on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
I'm asking this just because of that.
My pets are all disperse for my 3 wizards, 6 houses, bank and shared bank

I don't even know how many i have.House Zoo will solve my problem for sure

John MoonWhisper lvl 90
yeah, I only keep pets out of my bank that align with my wizard's school (fire pets on my fire wizard, death pets for my death wizard).

Elizabeth: my answer to this is the example of the Red Barn Farm (both crowns and gold)

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Red_Barn_Farm

general comment: I think it would be great if there was a doorway coming off of the houses that lead to a "zoo dungeon" where it would be a simple plot of land, maybe with a pen area, nothing major.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Don't make it crowns, please. Or maybe put it in the crowns shop and have it also available in gold. I like this zoo/pet park idea. Maybe there could be a teleporter that ports you to a smaller floating island that has space for pets of a certain type and school. Maybe make that cat person be the pet tour guide. Or have there be a tower for each type of pet. The fire pet tower, the ice pet tower, the myth pet tower, and etc.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
We really should get a zoo.

Also, I wouldn't mind if the zoo came with special pet games that only zoo owners could play.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
DarkFeh on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
hello fellow wizards

I imagine that, like me, you all have dozens of pets.
Thinking about it, why not have a zoo? Perhaps create a home,but instead of home, something like the Zafaria zoo.A place where we can expose all our pets, divided by schools each one with school theme fences.Maybe also a small building with singular cages for our special pets and one hatching thing (i dont remember the name )
For me it could be "crowns only" house because i buy the same way, but you all can give your opinion.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong but english is not my first language

John MoonWhisper lvl 90
I think that that would be a great idea. They could do something like add on a bridge to another floating island attacked to your house's island, where you're zoo is. I think you could also sort them out by pedigree, rank (meaning something like age level), talents or schools.

P.S. It's really cool you can speak multiple languages.