Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snow Angel...?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Hey there, Wizard101 and all of it's unique Ravenwood students!

As a now level 58 Ice Wizard , after a long, dreadful battle with Volkir Rimeaxe, I finally got my Snow Angel. Thought I'd test it out on many enemies for practice. I'm pleased with the variety of methods I can brew up with it... Sort of...

From what the card says-- and what the spell does, it Taunts all enemies as well as give a DoT. To be honest, is there honestly anything you could do with that Taunt? If anything, it can only get you in trouble in PvE, when you're open of a nasty hit, or low on health-- especially in a 1 vs 1. In PvP, it's a complete waste of time, since the aggro system doesn't apply there.

My gripe is that I don't see the reason of having that Taunt there. If I wanted to have the mob hit me more so my friend can heal, I'd positively shove a Distract or two in my deck.

Believe me when I say I don't want to make a spell of my school more powerful-- since it's too easy to make a post about my own school pretty bias-- but I think the Taunt in Snow Angel really shouldn't be there at all. It's pretty hard to use in a strategic way that I can think of...

Alexander Goldenspear; Draconian Bane/ Blood of the Giants

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Alexander Goldensp... on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
Hey there, Wizard101 and all of it's unique Ravenwood students!

As a now level 58 Ice Wizard , after a long, dreadful battle with Volkir Rimeaxe, I finally got my Snow Angel. Thought I'd test it out on many enemies for practice. I'm pleased with the variety of methods I can brew up with it... Sort of...

From what the card says-- and what the spell does, it Taunts all enemies as well as give a DoT. To be honest, is there honestly anything you could do with that Taunt? If anything, it can only get you in trouble in PvE, when you're open of a nasty hit, or low on health-- especially in a 1 vs 1. In PvP, it's a complete waste of time, since the aggro system doesn't apply there.

My gripe is that I don't see the reason of having that Taunt there. If I wanted to have the mob hit me more so my friend can heal, I'd positively shove a Distract or two in my deck.

Believe me when I say I don't want to make a spell of my school more powerful-- since it's too easy to make a post about my own school pretty bias-- but I think the Taunt in Snow Angel really shouldn't be there at all. It's pretty hard to use in a strategic way that I can think of...

Alexander Goldenspear; Draconian Bane/ Blood of the Giants

Taunt is there because it helps getting the point of ice.Ice is a defensive school with LOTS OF HEALTH and resist.So only use this in team battles so your fellow partner does not get hurt and you do because you should be able to overcome the attacks due to you being ice.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I feel "taunt" is pretty useless as well and I am Storm. All you have to do is attack and they come right back after you the very next round. Seems to me, every attack has "taunt" attached to it.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
SIren has remove threat in to it, but I don't see it working.
If they live. I am or will be there target next round.