Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
What are the requirements? I'mm 88 my friend is 90. Neither of us can buy henchmen. Found one post that said you can only buy them during a dual, but you can't use them for pvp. So when can you buy them?

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/october2009#Henchmen

Henchmen are hired Wizards that help you in a duel and they can only be purchased while you are in combat.
They will come to your aid and behave similar to your Minion, only stronger and smarter. They will act in the same round that they are summoned by the player, and will disappear once the duel has ended.

Next time you are in a street or boss duel, and it is your turn to choose a card to cast, click on the SHOP button in the upper left of your screen. It will automatically select the Henchman tab of the shop. You must purchase a Henchmen during the 30 second countdown of your turn in a duel.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
May 10, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/october2009#Henchmen

Henchmen are hired Wizards that help you in a duel and they can only be purchased while you are in combat.
They will come to your aid and behave similar to your Minion, only stronger and smarter. They will act in the same round that they are summoned by the player, and will disappear once the duel has ended.

Next time you are in a street or boss duel, and it is your turn to choose a card to cast, click on the SHOP button in the upper left of your screen. It will automatically select the Henchman tab of the shop. You must purchase a Henchmen during the 30 second countdown of your turn in a duel.
Also they can disappear when the Person who bought the henchman died

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
I think it is safe to say the purchased henchmen are stronger than the cast minions, but using the word smart in relation to them is a gross exaggeration. Anyone who has purchased a healing minion and watched it cast a heal spell on the uninjured wizard while ignoring the almost dead wizard understands the lack of intelligence in the henchman AI. It must be why we nicknamed the level 90 life minion "bird brain".

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
PlayHard101 on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Also they can disappear when the Person who bought the henchman died
That's not exactly right. I was just playing in a dungeon, and I hired 3 henchmen. I died, but the henchmen continued to play. If you are lucky enough to have hired a Life henchman, it is possible that they will restore your health, and you resume play again.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Aurboth on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I think it is safe to say the purchased henchmen are stronger than the cast minions, but using the word smart in relation to them is a gross exaggeration. Anyone who has purchased a healing minion and watched it cast a heal spell on the uninjured wizard while ignoring the almost dead wizard understands the lack of intelligence in the henchman AI. It must be why we nicknamed the level 90 life minion "bird brain".
That's funny ... bird brain.

I just had a Level 40 Life henchman. It did heal me a few times, but then it took to healing the other (full health) henchmen that I had hired.