Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 98 spells (improved)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
So a while back I posted a topic stating some spell ideas. There were some flaws and I made some changes. Let me know what you think:

Once a wizard hits level ninety eight, they will be eligible to get a task from their professors that sends each type of wizard on a quest to a different world (ice to grizzleheim, balance to krok and so on)

Ice: Everwinter (from grizzleheim)

Effect: 800 to all enemies, stun each for two rounds

Fire: Great Dragon Titan (From dragonspyre of course)
Effect: 1500 plus 900 over time to all enemies

Storm: Scylla (celestia)
Effect: 4500 - 5000 to one enemy and 30% storm traps on all enemies

Myth: Manticore ( Probably from Aquila)
Effect: 880 plus 220 over time, plus one round stun to all enemies

Life: Moodha (Mooshu)
1500 plus 600 heal over three rounds to all friends, plus guiding lights to all friends

Death: Skull Lord (Wizard city perhaps? Sunken city?)
Effect: 1000 damage to all enemies, steal half and split evenly among all friends

Balance: Sands of Time (Krokotopia)
Effect: 250 damage of every school to all enemies (but balance toughness counts for each hit)

If this topic gets some attention I will post more details on why the effects make sense, animation, and quest details. And I for one am not very experienced with pvp and the like so I do apologize if some of the effects seem over or underpowered. The main emphasis should be on the spells themselves, animations, and quests. Don't hate if you don't like the effects please :) thanks!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
TheBananaSlug on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
So a while back I posted a topic stating some spell ideas. There were some flaws and I made some changes. Let me know what you think:

Once a wizard hits level ninety eight, they will be eligible to get a task from their professors that sends each type of wizard on a quest to a different world (ice to grizzleheim, balance to krok and so on)

1500 plus 600 heal over three rounds to all friends, plus guiding lights to all friends

Effect: 1000 damage to all enemies, steal half and split evenly among all friends

Effect: 250 damage of every school to all enemies (but balance toughness counts for each hit)

If this topic gets some attention I will post more details on why the effects make sense, animation, and quest details. And I for one am not very experienced with pvp and the like so I do apologize if some of the effects seem over or underpowered. The main emphasis should be on the spells themselves, animations, and quests. Don't hate if you don't like the effects please :) thanks!
Ice is okay

Fire is OP

Storm is really OP the highest base damage spell in wizard101 is 1525-1625

Myth is good. they need an all enemy spell and increase the damage a bit, myth isn't weak and I don't have a myth wizard just to let you know

Life that's a lot of heal maybe make it 600 + 400 and puts a weaker version of guardian spirit like 10% would be really cool, if a spell that requires a lot of pip they need the wizard to want to cast it with guardian spirit life would want to cast it all the time. If it was just a normal all friend healing they would go for rebirth and the brilliant light

Death make the damage 800 because it saps health and split between friends that sounds interesting

Balance is op and should be weaker cause its an all enemy spell and it would take too long to animate and calculate damage. I don't like the idea of it.

I really like all your ideas of the monsters except the fire dragon they already have that.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
bronchitisfan101 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Ice is okay

Fire is OP

Storm is really OP the highest base damage spell in wizard101 is 1525-1625

Myth is good. they need an all enemy spell and increase the damage a bit, myth isn't weak and I don't have a myth wizard just to let you know

Life that's a lot of heal maybe make it 600 + 400 and puts a weaker version of guardian spirit like 10% would be really cool, if a spell that requires a lot of pip they need the wizard to want to cast it with guardian spirit life would want to cast it all the time. If it was just a normal all friend healing they would go for rebirth and the brilliant light

Death make the damage 800 because it saps health and split between friends that sounds interesting

Balance is op and should be weaker cause its an all enemy spell and it would take too long to animate and calculate damage. I don't like the idea of it.

I really like all your ideas of the monsters except the fire dragon they already have that.
I agree with Bronchitisfan101 that Fire & Storm are WAY overpowered, and I like their tweaks to the spells. I would also like to know how these spell animations would look.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
you must be a life, balance or a crazy storm, that spell would kill anyone even without blades, plus adding colossal would just be otc op is an understatement

Survivor
Dec 04, 2008

No more high pip hit all spells for death please and I would rather have it like in Avalon where you got low pip support stuff I don't really like saving up a lot of pips and would rather have more low pip spells

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
I think level 98 for death it should be
:zombie
effects : 800 to all enemies + half to caster + beguile to all enemies for three rounds

and I also think the level cap should go up to 101 because of the title and once you reach level 101 i think you should get 5 training points. but that's just my idea

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
From what i think the fire and storm overpower the other spells and the other spells are just weak compared to the lvl 88 spells. I think you should lower the damage on the spell a bit and the a lot. Besides we already have a dragon i dont really think we need another one.

Trevor DarkBlade See ya in the spiral guys

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
for level 98 spell, have you ever heard the phrase "when pigs fly".
name: flying pig
effects:400-500 first attack 1000-1100 second attack + breaks all positive shields and charms
and this is how I think the flying pig spell will look like.
scene: 2 people talking, the one on the left moves arms as if explaining something then the guy on the right moves arms to stomach as if he where laughing then a thought bubble appears above the guy on the right with a flying pig in it, then the flying pig manifest into real life. The people minimize (thus getting them out of the way) the pig becomes more grotesque and steam blows from nostrils (traps and charms start kicking in)
the pig screams and 300 attack then the pig scratches the ground
and then it charges at the enemy and that's 1000 attack. Then the shields and charms are destroyed.
but that's just my crazy idea 70

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011

Ice: Should get a slight nerf, maybe stun all enemies for one round and -20% weakness to all?
Fire: Overpowered. Needs a nerf, its higher than storm owl which only does 1600 damage to one enemy!

Storm: Nerf it! Overpowered!
Myth: Perfect.
Life: Overpowered, nerf the heal.
Death: Nerf damage to 700-800.
Balance: Overpowered, nerf it to around 120 of all schools.
The spells need some nerfing, other than that, good job.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I shouldn't have posted the effects. All I really want as feedback is if the spell ideas themselves would be okay. I didn't really think the effects through too much. Thanks :)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I already mentioned this but in order for it to happen people need to see it

2. New world: Anti-City (Consists of one quest for max spell and another for side spell)

This world looks exactly like wizard city except evil and way more stronger, the bosses are strong and they all cheat, but even better you know them! The bosses will be evil versions of, dueling diego,baldur goldpaws, the registrar, ambrose, gamma, and all the school teachers except your school teacher you will have to fight in order to receive your spell, and his minion will be an anti version of you! You will even see old faces like lord nightshade, and malistaire who is hidden behind the death door neat lord nightshade. The main bosses will be malistaire, merle and gamma, maybe even morganthe in the tower where you started. Unicorn way would be home of dueling diego who is a boss that you will fight in the arena, merle ambrose in his office and etc. I miss having missions in wizard city but with a new world like this i wont have to anymore, it will be a cooler wizard city.

In addition to the bosses being people in wc that we know , just like kingsisle normally does, the minions should be spells, but upgraded versions, like deer knight, mummy, leviathan (in crab alley evil version), winter moon, efreet, skeletal dragon, forest lord, medusa, judgement seraph, ra, etc. that would be awesome, easy to animate, and keep the games concept.

3. New Death Spell/Side Spell: The Chelsea Court Jester

This death attack starts with graves where balloons come from the dirt and begin to pop and form the skeletal clown called the chelsea court jester, he juggles flaming skulls and hurls them at all enemies

Damage:1000-1150 to all enemies
Side effects: 1. Steals all heal over time spells 2. Casts doom and gloom, if thats to op then -50 to all healing spells lol

4. Death Side spell: Chaos

Effect: converts a heal over time spell to poison / a damage over time spell to heal

everyone support my world idea!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i would very much like a dragon titan spell! who doesn't love dragons lol.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
I think the spell should do more damage. I think it should also do 300 for 3 rounds. Nice ideas!