Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help agave nectar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
I have been trying and trying to get the 5 nectar and cant. from what I understand you need to collect leaves to get the nectar but I have 23 leaves and still no nectar w3hat do I do to get it???!!!

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I recieved 4 agave nectar in a row from alto alto. Look around, there are allot of agave leaves there, and there is a big chance of getting nectar from it. You may also buy the nectar for arena tickets from Brandon MistBorn in Unicorn Way. ~A Secret Sorcerer

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Just keep harvesting. Eventually you'll get all five. I'm at 74 agave leaves to one agave nectar. It may seem difficult, but keep trying.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 90 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 45 Thaumaturge

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes, it is a very rare drop. You have to harvest a lot of agave leaves, and occasionally get lucky and get a nectar drop.
This is another one of the excessively hard and labor intensive aspects of Azteca -- crafting becomes a chore more than a fun activity. I too have had to take a long, long, long time to gather the nectar. I confess I got bored with it and stopped after a while. I hope in the future KI changes their understanding of a "challenge", and returns to the fun and exploration of the earlier realms, when crafting was a challenge but was still fun to do, and when even rare items could still be found at the Bazaar from time to time . . .

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
fun is fun but when you spend 3 months and still have ZERO nectar it is not a challenge it is a bother

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Agave Nectar is not that hard to get. It is comparable to farming Black Lotus for Black Pearls but actually, a little easier. There is an area in SaltMeadow Swamp that produces 2 spawning spots for the Agave Leaves. I farmed that area changing realms shortly after starting questing in the swamp. Within 2 hours, I had well over 200 leaves and at least 10 Agave Nectar. It is much easier to get by farming an area like the Swamp rather than trying to pick it up as you are running through. I now have enough Leaves and Nectar for all of the wizards on that account. The only thing I need now is the Potent Trap.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
terri myth weaver on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
I have been trying and trying to get the 5 nectar and cant. from what I understand you need to collect leaves to get the nectar but I have 23 leaves and still no nectar w3hat do I do to get it???!!!
It's all in luck there is no way to make it easy. Just keep at it and you will get them.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
It took me 180 Agave Leaves until I had enough nectar. This is what makes the Azteca crafting quest harder than others. Just keep going

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well before you spend any more time hunting nectar, look at the recipes you can craft first.
That might make you decision to move forward a bit easier.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Look at the recipes when you open up the vendors. Is it worth the effort? Some of the gear is marginally better - the robes for example (except for Ice, which is worse overall).

If you already have Avalon gear, try to stick with it, unless you are determined to craft the Azteca gear. I didn't waste my precious Agave Nectar and Turquoise for it.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Look at the recipes when you open up the vendors. Is it worth the effort? Some of the gear is marginally better - the robes for example (except for Ice, which is worse overall).

If you already have Avalon gear, try to stick with it, unless you are determined to craft the Azteca gear. I didn't waste my precious Agave Nectar and Turquoise for it.
Good point Brynn. I have all but the Potent trap but to the point I don't care anymore. I had hoped to finish the Crafting Quest, but don't see a reason to if the gear to be crafted in Az and future worlds is not worth the effort.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You have about a 2% chance of picking up a nectar with every agave harvested.

Keep circling around Mangrove Marsh in and around the chinampas - there's two agave deposits reliably spawning in that area. You can noclip through the corners of the northwesternmost chinampa to avoid getting pulled when you harvest.

It's a chore, but it's far easier to get your agave nectar than it is to get your turquoise. I've held Cipactli upside down and shaken her to and fro about 11 times and only ever gotten two turquoise.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
crunkatog on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
You have about a 2% chance of picking up a nectar with every agave harvested.

Keep circling around Mangrove Marsh in and around the chinampas - there's two agave deposits reliably spawning in that area. You can noclip through the corners of the northwesternmost chinampa to avoid getting pulled when you harvest.

It's a chore, but it's far easier to get your agave nectar than it is to get your turquoise. I've held Cipactli upside down and shaken her to and fro about 11 times and only ever gotten two turquoise.
Crunkatog is correct. My error for posting SaltMeadow swamp. The Agave is in Mangrove Marsh near the waterfall.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I might suggst the pvp arena. I think one of the vendors sells Agave Nectar for arena tickets.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
its all just luck, one of my friends got 2 agave nectar from one harvest and got another 2 from seperate harvests within a half an hour. About 15 minutes later she finished the quest. It took me 6 straight hours on a weekend to get 213 leaves and 5 nectar. Its all the luck of the draw. Just seriously hope that luck is on your side. I know people that have been looking since Azteca first came out.

Scarlet Dragonpetal