Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hats with beards :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2012
Hello everyone :)

So i was hoping that KI could add more hats that offer beards amongst other things like shades or glasses.

I love wizards but i have always liked old looking bearded wizards lol and this game only offers santa hat and silent nightcap, and sadly when they gave out silent nightcaps i had not known wizard101 existed, I started playing a little after and there is no way for me to get one : /, last christmas i hoped for a silent night cap or something like it but to know avail.

So Ki i was wondering if you could add more hats that offer accessories, like beards, glasses/sunglasses, mustaches, earrings etc.

Why should all wizards be young? Some people like old wizards like myself lol.

Well thanks for reading and feel free to add new and exiting ideas so we can further customize are wizards. :)

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
This is Wizard101 not BikerGang101. I really would not like to have this in the game.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I suppose it's because the basic premise of the game is that you're roleplaying a student wizard

Most students are too young to have a mustache and beard.

Ravenwood is more like a private secondary school than a university or college. Nearly all of its students are similar in age, unlike an IRL university, where adults of all ages take courses and participate in continuing professional education certificate programs.

Perhaps wizards who have reached a certain level could "grow" facial hair in a variety of styles and trims, showing that they are working on their CME credits (Continuing Magical Education) or postpromethean programs.

Likewise, some sentient peoples from around the Spiral grow facial hair at all ages - red caps, dwarves, Marleybone cats, winter and summer wargs, pencil-mustachioed manders, barbel anglers, Savannah lions, fomori and wendigines and yetii - and maybe these disguise potions should have a few variations on the classic facial styles: sideburns, goatees, manes and muttonchops.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2012
A Balanced Life on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
This is Wizard101 not BikerGang101. I really would not like to have this in the game.
So are you saying Ambrose is a biker? You make no sense lol

Survivor
Sep 14, 2012
wizardrokz on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
LOL I like mustaches
Cool I also like them lol.

Mario looking wizard xD

Defender
May 29, 2009
Well I don't think this makes sense, they always call you young wizard, but what would be awesome is if you had the beard equipped, the chat alters, and they call you old wizard.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv75

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Santa hat has beard, just saying o:

I am matthew wyrmblade lvl 82

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I like this idea, but maybe couldn't we do hair instead of beards?
As someone mentioned earlier, we are student wizards and therefore would not have beards. But even with KI adding hair styles, I wish they did hats with hair.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I think that hats with beards have already been done, Isn't there a hat during the holiday time? The idea is still cool. Maybe make a pack with a motorized pack and call it the Earth Pack. Kinda cool

Survivor
Sep 14, 2012
I'm glad some people agree.

I do agree that this idea needs some looking in to and mayby some changes, but if hats like Santa hat and the holiday hat(blue) not sure what's its name is since i don't have one but i know it was given on Christmas, but if hats like that already exist then the young wizard discussion is kinda irelevent xD.

Wizard do not have to be old but at least have more customizing options or equipments to make them look different like the santa hat ;).

I know not all will agree but feel free to modify this idea.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I like the idea for beards, sunglasses/glasses, and mustaches, but earrings seems kind of like a waste of time IMO (who would notice?). I would love to run around with a mustache. :3

And don't stereotype all people with mustaches/beards into "bikers". And people say they don't judge. Pssh, what lies.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
iiiTz SHiNoBiii on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone :)

So i was hoping that KI could add more hats that offer beards amongst other things like shades or glasses.

I love wizards but i have always liked old looking bearded wizards lol and this game only offers santa hat and silent nightcap, and sadly when they gave out silent nightcaps i had not known wizard101 existed, I started playing a little after and there is no way for me to get one : /, last christmas i hoped for a silent night cap or something like it but to know avail.

So Ki i was wondering if you could add more hats that offer accessories, like beards, glasses/sunglasses, mustaches, earrings etc.

Why should all wizards be young? Some people like old wizards like myself lol.

Well thanks for reading and feel free to add new and exiting ideas so we can further customize are wizards. :)
If boys get this, so should girls.
Maybe jewelry, hair clips, earrings, etc. boys should also get glasses to go with the beards but only on some. It would only make sense to sell them in the crown shop, but maybe available for gold.