Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best School for me

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
Over the past month I have been reading up on and trying various schools to figure out which one is the best for me, but I simply can't decide on a permanent one.

I prefer a class that can take moderate-high amounts of damage before dieing so that I can buff my attacks enough to one shot most enemies *some bosses excluded*. I play solo exclusively except when a friend needs help or something. Which type of school would be best suited for me and this play style?

Defender
May 03, 2009
Well, death is great for soloing. If you always use heal back death spells, you probably will stay at high health. Death is very strong in my opinion. (Feint+Curse+Dark Pact+Deathblade+Spirit Blade+Spirit Trap+Potent Feint, Curse, Spirit Trap+Sharpened Dark Pact, Spirit Blade, Deathblade+Virulence+Critical Colossal Dr. Von's Monster= PAIN) Then, there's extra damage percentage..

Pros about death:
*High health
*Low fizzle rate
*Healbacks
*Dark pact, curse and feint

Cons about death:
*Some people believe death is weak
*People plead for feint
*Only gets one straight on heal, but I think that's ok because we have heal backs
*Needs a lot of pips for high-attack spells (at promethean, wraith just won't do.)

I'll post more about the other schools later.

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Lucifell on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Over the past month I have been reading up on and trying various schools to figure out which one is the best for me, but I simply can't decide on a permanent one.

I prefer a class that can take moderate-high amounts of damage before dieing so that I can buff my attacks enough to one shot most enemies *some bosses excluded*. I play solo exclusively except when a friend needs help or something. Which type of school would be best suited for me and this play style?
The best schools to solo with if you can master them is Ice, Life, and Death in my opinion. Death would be good for this since you like to buff your attacks enough to kill them since Death has a lot of blades, traps, etc. Moderate damage: Life, Balance, and Death. High damage: Ice. Just train some of these schools and figure out what is best for you. Btw no one judge this, its only my opinion since i tested all of the schools.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lucifell on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:

I've found the three easiest to solo with are Ice (high health), Death (spells that drain and replenish health), and Myth (minions and strong spells). Each has their own little nuances; only you can decide which is right for you.
PS - I solo 90% of the time.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I am thinking the same thing, the playing style for my original wizards school does not fit me (she is storm). I would say ice, or maybe life. I'm personally going to try life.

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Sierra Silverleaf, level 2

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
I think either Death or Myth would suit you. Both of these schools are made for soloing. They both have a decent amount of health and accuracy, but I'm pretty sure Death has a little more health while Myth has a little more damage.

While I personally like Myth more, I tend to see more Death wizards. Myth has only 2 AoE attacks. That's a really big reason there are not a lot of Myth wizards. Myth wizards normally stun when they attack, but Death take the health of enemies when they attack (Myth can also get around shields with the right spells).

If you're more of a questing person, go with Death. If you're more of a PvP person, go with Myth. Just my opinion for you. :)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Balance with storm as a secondary school.
Hope this helps!!! 8)

Molly 54
Savannah swifttail level 8

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
Well, it so far it is looking like Death is considered the best solo school, but can it hold up in the later worlds like Celestia and Azteca? I have heard you need Ice to even survive the first round.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Balance with mastery of any spirit school would give you a great soloing wizard.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lucifell on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
Well, it so far it is looking like Death is considered the best solo school, but can it hold up in the later worlds like Celestia and Azteca? I have heard you need Ice to even survive the first round.
My Death wizard is in Celestia and doing fine.
Ice was actually difficult through quite a bit of Celestia, but she made it through due to high health. :)

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
Honestly, any school can survive in those worlds. It's really just a choice of being defensive or offensive.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Myth is by far the best school, and as you can see I am one, too. They have moderate damage and good for soloing. Some spells hit twice!
Emma Emeralds word lvl 48 conjurer

Explorer
May 18, 2010
I think Life is perfect for me. Even though Life isn't meant for attacking hard, it has a decent amount of health and are able to hit hard if they wish.

It does not take alot of pips for a heal (not including Dryad) and if you train the right secondary school (pref Ice), you can last a little longer and build up an attack. Most Lifes carry Myth amulet and Earthquake and sometimes act as shield breakers if on a team.

Life are great in 1v1s too (some) if you have a good strategy.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Really? My master helps people in Avalon, and Celestia all the time. And she's in Dragonspyre!