Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making it easier to get Waterworks gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 03, 2012
I have entered the Waterworks 3 times, defeated them all, let them all attack me most, and got no gear at all!
Why not make it easier to get the gear? I am tired of doing Waterworks.

Rylee SpiritBlood
Level 63 Necromancer

Die Die Die!!! ;D

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Time Warped on May 11, 2013 wrote:
I have entered the Waterworks 3 times, defeated them all, let them all attack me most, and got no gear at all!

Rylee SpiritBlood
Level 63 Necromancer

Die Die Die!!! ;D
Three times? I've seen people post that they've done this dungeon over 20 times without getting all their gear.
Drops are all rare, especially the gear, and it's all a matter of luck, and not some theory about 'letting them attack'. If you want the gear, keep playing.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
hmm i started at 60 to get waterworks gear but i agree i came out 2 weeks later with full gear then i was levl 70! i am nicholas darkhammer level 90 fire i got 2 char my level 90 not used

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Rylee SpiritBlood
Level 63 Necromancer

Die Die Die!!! ;D
3 times is not that much for this dungeon. It is not supposed to be easy to get WW gear. My wizards and many of my friends have done WW many times and some still do not have all of the gear. IF you want that gear bad enough you will do what it takes to get it.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You may have to farm them every day for weeks to get all the gear.

At least Waterworks is a popular farming spot, unlike Prince Gobblestone or Dr. von Katzenstein. This means you should be able to get a party of four together quickly and go in repeatedly without delays, which increases the quality and quantity of drops you get (as opposed to soloing it which is a fool's errand).

Think of how long it took you to get a single wand, or piece of Oyoroi attire, from doing Midnight Sun Pagoda. I personally went through with three friends about a dozen times before I got a gear drop. Granted, waterworks takes a lot longer and the degree of boss cheating is nearly insufferable.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
i completely agree. I have done the waterworks more than 20 times and I have still yet to receive the robe. I started at level 60 and now I am a level 73 still missing the robe. The dungeon is also very time consuming... It takes on average for me, about an hour and a half or more. It would be a lot easier if this gear was just a little easier.

From,

Katie DarkBlade

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011

Rylee SpiritBlood
Level 63 Necromancer

Die Die Die!!! ;D
3 times only, I have done it 35 times in one day

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
i completely agree. I have done the waterworks more than 20 times and I have still yet to receive the robe. I started at level 60 and now I am a level 73 still missing the robe. The dungeon is also very time consuming... It takes on average for me, about an hour and a half or more. It would be a lot easier if this gear was just a little easier.

From,

Katie DarkBlade
A good team of 4 can do that dungeon in and hour and a half or less. I have gone through it a few times with friends and I don't think it took us much over 45 minutes the last time. But then, when you know who you are teaming with and how each other plays, it makes things much easier and faster.

If WW gear were any easier to get, it would not have the stats it does. The first time I did that dungeon was in test. I got a Death Mastery Amulet on that first run. I would love to have one now, but I will not waste crowns for it. In all the times I have taken a wizard through, None have every piece of their gear. Most have 2 but not all 3.

There was a time when the gear for lvl 50 was the most desired. DS was a very busy world with players consistantly farming The Great Spyre for Malistaires Robes. Gurtok, and other bosses around DS. Some still Farm for that Gear, but not as many. WW, was very hard to get into when it went live. Every realm had a line of players waiting to enter with their friends. Now, pranksters like to prevent a player from re-entering to join their team.

But the fact still remains, Desire to have =motivation to continue farming.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
RavenLady777 on May 11, 2013 wrote:
Three times? I've seen people post that they've done this dungeon over 20 times without getting all their gear.
Drops are all rare, especially the gear, and it's all a matter of luck, and not some theory about 'letting them attack'. If you want the gear, keep playing.
guess i'm just lucky i got boots the first time i did it

keira breeze lvl 75

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
As a guy who got my waterworks gear when the waterworks came out, I wasted at least 2 weeks farming the gear.

I got a ton of extras though and some awesome other gear. But anyways don't expect waterworks gear on the first few tries, it takes a lot of perseverance.

On the bright side, the gear is worth it. I am still using my gear at level 73 without changing anything. (except the wand)

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Well now its over 20 times. And yet, I only have the boots.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Wow people.I got all my gear in 2 times for my legendary death.14 for my balance.5 for my other death.9 for my storm.32 for my ice.11 for my life.

Tyler Legendfriend 62

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
You're kidding right? 3 times? three?!?!! it must have taken me 20 times!!! If you cant handle that then maybe this game isnt for you. Get used to doing waterworks if you want the gear

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
If you're approaching level 70 and you're still farming for a big item (robe, hat), you may want to accept failure at this point and move on.

You will find the gear barely meeting your needs about the time you hit Avalon. At that point, many are starting to swap in crafted and dropped gear from that world.

Your other options are:

1 - high volume blitzkrieg farming with a lvl 90 storm to puppet you through in 30 minutes
2 - Upgrade everything else, including pets, to boost your global resist and crit blocking.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Tyler Legendfriend on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Wow people.I got all my gear in 2 times for my legendary death.14 for my balance.5 for my other death.9 for my storm.32 for my ice.11 for my life.

Tyler Legendfriend 62
The drop rate for some of the items has been nerfed not long after WW came into the game.

None of my wizards has all of the WW gear, but then, I have not been back there in several weeks. But, I certainly don't agree with making it easier but not harder either for players to get their gear.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012

Rylee SpiritBlood
Level 63 Necromancer

Die Die Die!!! ;D
I have done this 30 times! and all I have is the cape and I just got that so it is very hard to get it but that is the fun if you know you will get the gear what is the fun of it?

Keelan sun vault promethean