Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jade Gear..?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
When the pvp update came out, I heard that the Jade Gear set would be made "non-pvp" items. I saw someone use it in pvp, and that annoys me considering how much i've hated it since it came out. I really was hopiong for it to be not allowed in pvp.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
I have to agree jade gear has completely ruined pvp. The strategy is gone from it. I have seen all schools wearing the stuff. Even fighting ice you can at least convert whenever you are fire or storm. Its a shame I have seen excellent pvpers quit the game totally because of the frustration. There are those that dont even hit, all they do is sit and heal and wait for you to get so mad you just leave. It also took away the point of even crafting anymore. Don't worry with it just buy the packs to get the jade gear. I don't even see why myself is even pvping anymore. I liked when it was about strategy and one school against the other. Thats totally gone now. There are those that are still trying to play with dignity and learn and master a school still but when they enter the arena they will either quit or buy the gear. I know its about money for the company but either ban the jade or get ready for more to quit the game quite possibly I am one of them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
CatcherFire on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
When the pvp update came out, I heard that the Jade Gear set would be made "non-pvp" items. I saw someone use it in pvp, and that annoys me considering how much i've hated it since it came out. I really was hopiong for it to be not allowed in pvp.
was it actual jade gear, or was it stitched to look like it? and when did this take effect?

hopefully, the mods will get back to us on this issue, if it is one.

-von
1st age pvp sergeant

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
matthew blade on May 3, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree jade gear has completely ruined pvp. The strategy is gone from it. I have seen all schools wearing the stuff. Even fighting ice you can at least convert whenever you are fire or storm. Its a shame I have seen excellent pvpers quit the game totally because of the frustration. There are those that dont even hit, all they do is sit and heal and wait for you to get so mad you just leave. It also took away the point of even crafting anymore. Don't worry with it just buy the packs to get the jade gear. I don't even see why myself is even pvping anymore. I liked when it was about strategy and one school against the other. Thats totally gone now. There are those that are still trying to play with dignity and learn and master a school still but when they enter the arena they will either quit or buy the gear. I know its about money for the company but either ban the jade or get ready for more to quit the game quite possibly I am one of them.
Oh look, another person with another sob story about how they're going to quit, I have never seen that on this message board before. You're going to continue playing, stop complaining and do something other than PvP if Jade Gear is ruining it for you. And hey maybe you will quit eventually but I highly doubt that you will just say "I quit" and leave, you will come back if you go about it that way.

Jade Gear probably will not go PvE only simply because people have already invested money into it. It's sort of like the Reshuffle update where tons of people want their training point back, once Jade Gear goes out of PvP people will want a refund for their Packs.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
matthew blade on May 3, 2013 wrote:
Dude..chill out..its not that bad. I don't mind jade gear anymore because you have this thing called pierce auras and blades they are amazing. And if you get mad at a jade person then just leave the match and chill out then enter the arena again. A lot of my jade battles are in 2v2-4v4. In fact in the second age my 2 2v2s on my Ice were against jades. The first we won against Jade life/Ice. My team in both was Balance 1st Age Warlord and me 1st Age Ice Warlord. The second was against the typical Jade Life/critical Storm team. We kept the storm down the whole game. The only reason I lost is because I ran out of time and ended up leaving the match. The Jade lived with 17 life and healed his team the next turn (they were first). PvP is meant for fun. If you can't enjoy it then don't do it. The rest of us like it and find ways to handle the changes.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
CatcherFire on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
ChatcHerFire,

(I like the name).
I no longer play the game, but both my brothers still do. The Jade Gear set really annoyed both of them when it was released.
Also, based on the Professor of Fire's last posting, they start making the updates around 9 months before they are released. So, I expect that any change to Jade Gear will be a while off in the distant future.

Note what Wolf Skullslinger has stated, this is the way to go imo. Set your deck up for about 5 to 6 reshuffles, since the unlimited Reshuffle has changed. Then design your deck to be much more agressive, so you can attach a Jade PvP'er with much larger hits. Remember, that some of these Jade players will have the Myth Amulet and Earthquake, so you have to plan around that. Traps work great in that area, not to mention Feints.
Having as much critical in one piece of gear is a good idea too, if you can do that.

Just as a basic example, lets say your a Balance, with Sabre tooth...

Drop a few Infection out, just before this.
Sabre tooth, 1100.
Add in Colossal 275 and we are at 1375.
Gear boost (.60) we are at 2200
first Feint ... 3740
second tc feint 6358 (pet feint, gear feint, boosted feint, etc)
Blade 7947
May have to shatter at this point, if they have shielded.
with Infallible we can hit a 70% resist Jade Gear at 3576.
then drop a Doom and Gloom out....
Anyway, you get the idea, you just need bigger more agressive hits to win.

Joe.

(Please support your local College's sports, go see a game).

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Ok here's my point of view. Jade gear is a pain in the butt yes we know. However I disagree with the fact that it's impossible to beat. Everything in life has a weakness. The jade armor only supports defensive power, which leaves them with no damage boosts at all. Get some pierce blades, infallible, even feint and knock them out with it. Every challenge has a limit to it's height. This is something that may take a little time to get over, but it's not impossible. People won't quit this game because of some new crown gear. If you quit it's because you've decided that you can't and won't succeed because that's what you've put in your mind just because someone is wearing some green robes. If you do quit then that shows you've no determination in my eyes.

Cya in the Spiral

Blake TitanCaller lvl 88

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Veracity8 on May 6, 2013 wrote:
ChatcHerFire,

(I like the name).
I no longer play the game, but both my brothers still do. The Jade Gear set really annoyed both of them when it was released.
Also, based on the Professor of Fire's last posting, they start making the updates around 9 months before they are released. So, I expect that any change to Jade Gear will be a while off in the distant future.

Note what Wolf Skullslinger has stated, this is the way to go imo. Set your deck up for about 5 to 6 reshuffles, since the unlimited Reshuffle has changed. Then design your deck to be much more agressive, so you can attach a Jade PvP'er with much larger hits. Remember, that some of these Jade players will have the Myth Amulet and Earthquake, so you have to plan around that. Traps work great in that area, not to mention Feints.
Having as much critical in one piece of gear is a good idea too, if you can do that.

Just as a basic example, lets say your a Balance, with Sabre tooth...

Drop a few Infection out, just before this.
Sabre tooth, 1100.
Add in Colossal 275 and we are at 1375.
Gear boost (.60) we are at 2200
first Feint ... 3740
second tc feint 6358 (pet feint, gear feint, boosted feint, etc)
Blade 7947
May have to shatter at this point, if they have shielded.
with Infallible we can hit a 70% resist Jade Gear at 3576.
then drop a Doom and Gloom out....
Anyway, you get the idea, you just need bigger more agressive hits to win.

Joe.

(Please support your local College's sports, go see a game).
Nice! I know my bro uses TC feints since he doesnt have it trained but oh well feint is an excellent tool to use in PvP especially against Jade.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
Jade Gear is now The Best Gear You Can Get Cause you can get Immune with it and the resist is 80 resist with a full resist pet what do you think about this?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
DashDean12 on May 21, 2013 wrote:
Jade Gear is now The Best Gear You Can Get Cause you can get Immune with it and the resist is 80 resist with a full resist pet what do you think about this?
It is the best resist gear. However, if people rely solely on this gear, then they don't have the skills necessary to truly play PvP. Resist isn't everything. Some think it is. I'd rather have a good balance of stats for offense as well as defense. It doesn't do me a lot of good if I can't hit at all (no damage boosts on the gear), but then again, many with the gear like to turtle to try and outlast their opponent and hope they run out of cards. Yup, no skill at all when it comes to Jade Gear

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
It depends on if you like resist or not. Resist can be good to have, but I've found out the hard way that Jade vs. Jade = No one wins. I use Jade Gear on the test realm because even though I have crafted gear of Avalon in test realm (not in live realm), I only come short of 42 resist to all, besides the 70s fire and storm. But when I'm fighting a different school, like myth, ice, death, life, or balance, I would be defenseless. So I wore Jade boots but kept
horned helmet and woodland tribal coat on. Some people also like to use heartsteel, to try to raise resist but leaves their attack boost lowered. So, maybe it's not a very good idea to have Jade Gear, but it depends really on how you use it and if you use it correctly.
~~~Isaac GreenGem, Level 80 wizard

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Oh my gosh I just realized, when Tourney comes out this will DEVASTATE many if they win just because the winner has more health than the loser!!!!

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Wolf Skullslinger on May 5, 2013 wrote:
Dude..chill out..its not that bad. I don't mind jade gear anymore because you have this thing called pierce auras and blades they are amazing. And if you get mad at a jade person then just leave the match and chill out then enter the arena again. A lot of my jade battles are in 2v2-4v4. In fact in the second age my 2 2v2s on my Ice were against jades. The first we won against Jade life/Ice. My team in both was Balance 1st Age Warlord and me 1st Age Ice Warlord. The second was against the typical Jade Life/critical Storm team. We kept the storm down the whole game. The only reason I lost is because I ran out of time and ended up leaving the match. The Jade lived with 17 life and healed his team the next turn (they were first). PvP is meant for fun. If you can't enjoy it then don't do it. The rest of us like it and find ways to handle the changes.

i know it's irritating how everyone that uses jade gear always has help with pet resist. i have never seen a single jade gear user without 73 universal resist
(Blaze ravenmender level 59 Blaze moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
Jade gear is all resist but no attack but still is op and so are people wit crowns/jade gear

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
All i have to say is i just bought my first set of jade gear at 70 and wow 49% block is very nice for pvp and pve i dont think it needs to be taken out of game because people have to pay for it and if done right well you cant stop some one in gear that good I.E. a real good healing pet and good dps . I don't know what took me so long to buy this in the first place
i use to buy the store packs but this gear is so much better wounder what level 90 jade gear is like .