Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do People Just Not Like Some Worlds?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
I've noticed that some worlds are more popular than others. Wizard City, Krokotopia, MooShu, and Avalon are some of the most popular worlds Wizard101 has every seen. Marleybone, Celestia and Zafaria seemed to be the least popular among players. Y'all simply hated Azteca (Why no one like Azteca?) Lol. All other worlds are just "eh" worlds to some people or "Oh that world's nice but..."

For me, oddly, I didn't enjoy MooShu as much as most. Don't get me wrong, Zen and Asian styles are nice but in MooShu the lighting I found to be very bright and almost like it's a boring Sunday. While it may have made people feel calm, I just felt an empty atmosphere. It was like "Oh, no! Take your time. Our Emporer is just perfectly fine. Even if Malistaire just mortalily wounded him, it's fine." I just didn't see a sense of extreme urgency. Also I feel like Kingsisle over does it with MooShu. Coming out Pack after Pack of MooShu themes and gave it it's own bundle (Just gonnna leave Krok, MB, and DS in the dark are ya? Ok...) Even with the updated look of MooShu in Pirate101, it really just doesn't increase the like-ability with me. Every other world (not including Dragonspyre. I've helped too many people in that world) I'm pretty much head over heels with.

I look at Zafaria and Azteca and I feel like it's not just the rewards and difficulty of these worlds that were to people's disappointment, but the looks, themes, and story don't click with them. When first I saw Zafaria I was very pleased from the looks and story. And Azteca...is there a stronger word for "love", "adore", and "you'll-see-me-gone-in-a-heart-beat-to-be-in-this-world?" I also think these worlds are like "bridge" worlds. They're whole point sometimes is slow things down to lead to the epic ness of the 3rd and final worlds. Just my theory.

So I want to know do you think some worlds just by nature not going to me popular because the majority don't click with the theme along with rewards and difficulty? (Why do I feel l something redundant has just been said? lol )

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I like most worlds except mooshu and marleybone. I have a reason for that. It's becausew of the atmosphere. But that is not the main reason. The main reason i dont like those worlds is because they have so many dungeons in them. That doesn't stop me from playing the game.

The reason I think people hate Azteca is because they like to solo the game. Wizard101 is not for soloing. It is not made specifically to solo. You have to work in teams. There is no point trying to solo everything. You have to work in teams, It will make it much easier. I got through the world quite easily.

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Cole Dunerunner on Apr 21, 2013 wrote:
I like most worlds except mooshu and marleybone. I have a reason for that. It's becausew of the atmosphere. But that is not the main reason. The main reason i dont like those worlds is because they have so many dungeons in them. That doesn't stop me from playing the game.

The reason I think people hate Azteca is because they like to solo the game. Wizard101 is not for soloing. It is not made specifically to solo. You have to work in teams. There is no point trying to solo everything. You have to work in teams, It will make it much easier. I got through the world quite easily.

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky
No its not.

Please see the Message Boards section. You will see why. Do I really have to mention the crafting, the quests, the spell quests that force us to buy henchmen??

I dont think so. And I hope not.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I feel bad for people from outside the American time zones who need to complete D & C quests in Marleybone or Zafaria. These areas get a lot of negative press because you really have to work in full teams to get anywhere. Sometimes you have friends on, but you want to spare them the agony of helping you chew through 50-60 hobgoblins for someone's dropped handkerchief. Or they're suddenly all "in a battle" when you need help with Marleybone. The atmosphere and dynamics are that awful.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I recently started Azteca and I'm loving it. The looks and music of the world are wonderful, along with the usual excellent voice acting. Even the mob animations are better than expected (zombie dead arm swing anyone). There are more eastereggs in this world (that I get) than any other as well. So far this is my favorite world since Dragonspyre.

If you see me around and need help, just ask. I do tend to solo a lot, but not by choice.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
I haaaaaatttttte Kroktopia, it's so long and hard!I mean the sun temple isn't that hard, but there's alot
of walking, and that annoying dirt quest!There's also the sphinx with annoying temples that if you
get defeated you have to do the long dungeon again!Than there's the storm tomb which has very
strong enemies!And that's why i hate Kroktopia!

James Soulrider lvl. 22 necromancer