Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constant Connection issues?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2011
It seems the further I progress in the game, the more i run into this glitch. The most common occurrence is during a battle. The battle freezes, and other minions in the street literally walk through the combat circle. When the game unfreezes, I am nearly dead because the action of the game progressed even though I could not get to my cards. It is not a once in a while thing, but every time I play. Its not the system, because when I switch to a lower level wizard and play in areas like Wizard City, I have no problems. Its making it frustrating to progress through the game when I lose connection, and when I come back I am dropped in the middle of a battle nearly dead. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
The same thing you described has been happening to me a lot lately, as in the last few weeks. The world or server I am on doesn't seem to make a difference in how often it occurs. I have noticed the disconnects when they happen to me are always during a battle, very very rarely do they happen outside the combat circle. I've never had any issues with connecting or staying connected prior to this, and I've been running wizards 101 for almost a year now on the same pc, which is new and has more than enough memory and processing speed to manage this game and its graphics. I do play through a router on a network of other pc's and up until I saw your post, I thought the problem may be coming from router trouble and was considering replacing it with a new one. Whatever is going on, it seems to be bothering at least two of us.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I was having trouble with terrible freezing during gardening. The problem ended up being the Real Time Scanning of my anti-virus program. It had recently did a software update. After the update I started having problems. I lowered the sittings from scanning 'all files' to scanning just 'programs and documents'. That stopped all the freezing. You may want to check and see if something like that could be the problem. Another thing you can do, is when it freezes, open up task manager to what program is using a lot of computer resources.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
I'm having the same problem. Today I spent 2 hours in a dungeon in Krockotopia. I got all the way to the end & couldn't finish the dungeon because nothing would respond. I'd been having the problem of freezing during battles and still managed to get to the end, but then everything stopped responding. So annoying because I'd bought all these elixers and minions to get through the dungeon.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I'm glad to know that it is not just me having these issues, and possibly many more who are just not on the message board. I am through a router also, but have never had issues with any other game freeze, and have plenty of signal strength. My computer is also only a year old, though I have not looked into the Antivirus part of trouble shooting. I don't see how taht would affect it, but it is something to at least look into.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I am glad that also some people are experiencing the issue. My problem is that just recently it keeps lagging and I have trouble even playing the game. After I tried to leave the game, the game itself froze. I had to do that good old "Ctrl-Alt-Del" thing to even get back to my desktop. I hope Kingsisle fixes this or tells us how to fix it. Happy playing guys!

Talon Ravenbreaker level 12 Initiate Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
I am also having a lot of trouble with loseing connection while I am playing. The game will freeze and I eventually get a message that I have lost connection with the server. I play another mmo and I do not have this problem there. It has caused me to have to restart dungeons and wasted my henchmen. It is very discouraging esp when I am playing in Avalon where it will pretty much kill me everytime it happens. I have found the problem is worse in the evening and on the weekends when there are more people playing. I suspect that KingsIsle Server is overloaded. I hope they are able to fix this problem it is very frustrating. Please Look Into this KingsIsle! Thank you

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
hi, i toen a mer have experienced this problem, for past month or so. i have been a yearly member for past 2-3 years now. game frezzing up. same with pirate101. have to re-set my router, have tried to un-install game and re-download. to no avail. does not fix it. i have contacted wizard101, thats what they suggested. also have turned off anti-virus program, while re-downloading. but it didn;t help. also 3 months ago or more i go to crown shop, and cant read the stats on items. it's just garbled? when i bought a snack pack for pets, i could'nt even log out. had to turn off the compuer, and re-boot.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have been having the same problems since being in Az. I lose connection during battles and some of those have been boss fights. Freezing up a lot more even in perfect realms. I don't have this problem with other games or programs.

Some Antivirus programs can cause this to happen. I switched mine a couple of years ago because of it scanning when it should not. The one I use now does not disrupt game play.

@Superluther, The only problem with using task manager to see what is using a lot of resource is that if not very careful, you can cause some serious damage to your computer if you disable the wrong thing. You can shut down some of the "update" options but I would not do that with other resources. If at all possible, set update options for a specific time of day to run. I do mine first thing in the morning then the rest of the day is not disrupted with updates.

There is one other thing you can check for. IF you have more that one computer running in your household, see if someone is streaming video or music. If so, that will cause you to lose connection a lot. Streaming pulls more of your download spead from the game and puts it to the streaming. This includes someone using Wifi in your house as well. I have had this problem in the past but no longer have a second computer running in my house.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2011
Oh GREAT! cause I thought this issue was happening to me only. LOL
I have went and done a sys defrag, cleaned temp files, and for a week now thought it was my system errors.
thank heavens for this message board. Thanks guys. OH, and Good luck to TODDS future success no matter where is imagination takes him LOL. - Mary NightWhisper

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
Oh wow thought I was losing my mind have had this happen to me almost constantly for today and yesterday in the middle of a fight it freezes and I get killed. When I come back it won't let me into this area to finish my quest.
I haven't tried with the anti virus yet but my daughter does like to watch videos on you tube a lot maybe its "draining" the computer/wireless?
Can any one help us?