Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice's resistance.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Today i battled a ice level 88, His health was over 4,000 and his resistance on my school was a huge 81. I thought it was really unfair. I obviously lost because it seems impossible to get 4,000 health down to 0 while he has a 81 resistance, i think they should do something about this.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
I agree with you that Ice has way too much resistance. But remember that you can always use converts.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
I don't think they are going to myself. They should just nerf their crafting gear thats probably the only option at this point. I am still surprised to see threads on this topic. I guess if they see enough complaints they will do something

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
skooter1313 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
Today i battled a ice level 88, His health was over 4,000 and his resistance on my school was a huge 81. I thought it was really unfair. I obviously lost because it seems impossible to get 4,000 health down to 0 while he has a 81 resistance, i think they should do something about this.
Wow, another ice is op thread ... what a surprise. Does anyone ever read posts on this board?

On that note, if you're scared of ice with over 4000 health, I wonder what you'd think of my ice wizard stats, who's health is more than 5400, with 101% accuracy (no fizzles!) and I'm only level 80. My resist isn't bad, either, with 83 fire, 81 storm, and 43 resist to all other schools. Of course, that can change, depending on what combination of gear I might choose, depending on the battle. My resist can go up or down.

Please be sure to read the other threads on this board and if you feel it necessary, contribute to the threads already in abundance regarding ice instead of starting your own, which just rehashing the same thing other are whining about.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
convert, tc infallible (20% pierce) spear (10%) let say with covert they have 50% to all school they have now 20%

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
nick468d on Dec 9, 2012 wrote:
convert, tc infallible (20% pierce) spear (10%) let say with covert they have 50% to all school they have now 20%
Assuming they are immune to fire now. 70%....... and your second. it can get a lot harder to win a match, although i have seen it done at the warlord level.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
As much as i hate the gear, there IS a way around it. Converts and pierces but yeah i agree, its WAY too much resist.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Every person on ice's side doesn't understand. You can't prism from second, especially in 1v1. That leaves pierce. But with that being said, stacking pierce is a really bad strategy, it wastes time and doesn't help that much: a pierce blade only takes away 10 of their resist and it takes a turn to cast, it also can be earthed off quite easily.

If your a team pvp player, like me, your better off just using tc infallible and a blade, aim towards getting all the other non ice players down. If your facing a team of all ice; hey, thats what disconnecting is for. (but don't abuse disconnecting, use it like rage quitting).

Ice is op, way over powered, but for now, we are going to have to deal with it.