Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Is The Balance School Not At Ravenwood?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2015
Hello fellow wizards, I've have been wondering why is the Balance School not in Ravenwood? I know that the Balance School is in Krokotopia, though why is in Ravenwood? Also I have a theory, when I first went into the Balance School(which is underground) looked a bit wrecked. So my theory is that sometime in the past in Ravenwood something happened to the Balance School and tossed the Balance School in the spiral and landed in Krokotopia. Or maybe it is just that since Krokotopia relies on the powers of Balance then that's why the balance School is in Krokotopia. I hope the creators will please explain my question.

Blaze DragonStaff

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
There are lots of possibilities.

Ravenwood has no room for a Balance School, so Arthur Wethersfield teaches outside.

Another possibility is Alhazred, working with the Order of the Fang, cannot leave Krokotopia. Instead, Merle Ambrose hires Arthur Weathersfield to teach the Novice Wizards until they are ready to travel to Krokotopia, where they can learn from a true Master of Balance.

Hope it helps

okcounsell

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
Actually there are many posts about this topic. I myself actually had the same theory :)

Let me give you the answer: Ravenwood was created long before balance magic existed. Back when the death school just plummented into Nightside, a krok named Alhazred was creating a new school. He sent his best scholar to Ravenwood to teach Balance. Merle was pleased that ravenwood again had 6 schools. (The scholar I'm talking about is the dog in front of Bartleby) I read most of this from the updates page and this is actually a legit story

-Matthew Swiftflame lvl 41 wizard

Survivor
Dec 18, 2015
Thank you guys for explaining it is nice to figure out something new about Wizard City, and Ravenwood

Blaze DragonStaff

Survivor
Aug 11, 2015
okcounsell on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
There are lots of possibilities.

Ravenwood has no room for a Balance School, so Arthur Wethersfield teaches outside.

Another possibility is Alhazred, working with the Order of the Fang, cannot leave Krokotopia. Instead, Merle Ambrose hires Arthur Weathersfield to teach the Novice Wizards until they are ready to travel to Krokotopia, where they can learn from a true Master of Balance.

Hope it helps

okcounsell
I don't remember exactly,but I think what you said was confirmed in both the "Roll Classes of Ravenwood" and in the game itself.Anyway balance is cool.

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
The Balance School originated in Krokotopia. For more information, see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpNIwlTGNGA

Survivor
Dec 26, 2015
I believe the balance school isn't at ravenwood for two reasons. One, there isn't any more room. Two, the balance teacher says in one of the quests he isn't qualified for ravenwood, so he stayed in krok.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
The balance school is technically at ravenwood. Now, it's not physically on campus, but it is a class taught at ravenwood. Balance Magic, if you listen closely to dialogue questing through Krokotopia, originates in Krokotopia. It was created by the Order of the Fang to be the most powerful of all magics, taking powers from all schools. Arthur Wethersfield went to Krokotopia to study balance magic, and brought it to ravenwood. Since, most likely, the Balance School was already in Krokotopia, it would cost too much to build another school.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
I know this is slightly unrelated, but the Death school is not at Ravenwood, probably because it broke off, and relocated on another part of Wizard City. That's why you see a giant chunk in the back of Ravenwood.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2013
The Balence school was originated in Kropatopia, and well was not put in Ravenwood because it just wouldn't make sence, cause all of the other schools were orignated there, and the Balence school was created by The Order Of The Fang, and was used to be the most powerful use for magic, and would be the best in the end. Therefore, the Balence school stays where it was origianted, and just doesn't belong in Ravenwood. And being Kropatopia, it is a desert, well it's just like Balence. The professer of Balence also isn't aloud to leave, because he must stay there cause it's his all source of power. So, mainly all about the history, and the creation of the Balence magic itself just was in a totally different part of the spiral, making it so different, also because the creators of Balence magic(The Order Of The Fang) keep Balence there to contain all ofit's power (Because it was created to be the most powerfull) Balence is the odest, but most powerful magic with the strangest history, that the other schools don't mainly have.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Balance originated in Krokotpia and Arthur himself says he learned magic in Krok.

End of Story lol

Sarah UnicornFlower

Grandmaster Of Ice

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
if everyone actually WENT to krokotopia you would know the order of the fang used it to maybe learn balance magic and use it against the tuts and evil kroks.also the dialog or somewhere says learning balance takes along time,saying you learn untill level 16 in raven wood then do a little level level and you learn all the way to lvl 42 hydra card.its that simple,balance was done in krokotopia the stop the tuts-arthur went to raven wood to teach to lvl 16-balance was not know in ravenwood till arthur came to teach balance-now balance magic was avalible to raven wood PERIOD.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2016
I would say that...

Firstly, Death & Balance has no room to fit in

Secondly, Balance is based on ground moves, sand moves and rock moves and Krokotopia is desert themed

Survivor
Aug 03, 2015
Also, the balance teacher in Ravenwood is right in the middle of all the schools, so he's balanced between them all.