Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shadow based healfor life and balance

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
rebirthing hands (school: life and balance shared spell): cost 1 shadow pip, 4 normal pips. heals for 1800 over 6 rounds to all allies.

animation: bartlesby and judgement seraph appear and together they cast a green apparition-looking hand that sweeps across allies appling hot.

backstory: a balance wizard researcher uses the power of shadow to meld the power of rebirth with the power of availing hands to form a new healing spell available to both life and balance wizards.

requisites: lvl 110 and have completed Polaris.

can only be completed by a dual team consisting of a balance and life wizards.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Chiaki Minami on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
rebirthing hands (school: life and balance shared spell): cost 1 shadow pip, 4 normal pips. heals for 1800 over 6 rounds to all allies.

animation: bartlesby and judgement seraph appear and together they cast a green apparition-looking hand that sweeps across allies appling hot.

backstory: a balance wizard researcher uses the power of shadow to meld the power of rebirth with the power of availing hands to form a new healing spell available to both life and balance wizards.

requisites: lvl 110 and have completed Polaris.

can only be completed by a dual team consisting of a balance and life wizards.
While I think a heal is interesting; this is Rebirth, doubled, on steroids, for half the pips. Something like this needs to be at LEAST 7+1 pips, probably closer to 8 or 9. A nerf for this spell could be:

Rebirthing Hands - 4 pips, 1 pip, 85% acc, heal 60+600 over 3 rounds to all allies.

This way it's quite close to Rebirth level health, over time like the Hands, but nowhere near as OP. To put it in perspective, even if we count the pip as 10 pips; Dryad would only heal 2800 to 1 target. That's only about 50% more than your idea; and only to a single target.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
are you serious dude? then I guess we need to nerf every single shadow ENHANCED damage spell because bugs at 1120 base damage for 5* pips is op. not to mention it also does a aoe mass disarm to all players which is a 3 pip single target normally. so for 5 pips plus shadow you getting the equivalent of a 11 pip damage spell plus mass disarm a 3 pip spell for up to 4 players for total of 12 pips. so just on that reasoning its not op.

2ndly lets look at heal to pip ratio. looking at darkmoor spells they all have the damage equivalent to rank 11 (11 pip) spells which means shadow pips are worth 6 normal pips. which would mean this heal I suggesting is a rank 10 spell. so lets use math. rebirth heals for 640 base plus gives a 400 shield for total equivalent heal of 1040 or a 148 per pip aoe heal can be cast every 4 rounds. unicorn does 275 with no special effects for a total of 91 per pip aoe heal. sprite is a hot heal single target that heals for 300 per pip, availing hands one of the weaker hots does 850 at 4 pips or 212.5 per pip. fairy a single target instant heal does 480 at 2 pips for 240 per pip heal and satyr does 860 at 4 pips for 215 per pip. so now we have established per pip for previous heals, lets view this spell properly.

at 1800 aoe for 4 pips plus shadow pip (worth 6) that puts it at 180 per pip which would be weakest heal excluding pet only spell batusi. this ticks for 6 rounds so only ticking 300 per round. so lets surmise the casting wizard had 100% outgoing and 50% incoming and each member had 50% incoming (don't know of anyone who has those numbers so can rest pretty comfy that this is an efficiency limit for healers. so now they healing 600 per tick. lets suppose they had on guiding and brilliant lights. now its 1521 a tick. due to cost a healer will never win global bubble war so no need to even count that. an enchanted bug at average storm damage boost does 3200 damage and 7200 with only 3 blades. while this spell would heal over 6 rounds 9200.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Chiaki Minami on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
are you serious dude? then I guess we need to nerf every single shadow ENHANCED damage spell because bugs at 1120 base damage for 5* pips is op. not to mention it also does a aoe mass disarm to all players which is a 3 pip single target normally. so for 5 pips plus shadow you getting the equivalent of a 11 pip damage spell plus mass disarm a 3 pip spell for up to 4 players for total of 12 pips. so just on that reasoning its not op.

2ndly lets look at heal to pip ratio. looking at darkmoor spells they all have the damage equivalent to rank 11 (11 pip) spells which means shadow pips are worth 6 normal pips. which would mean this heal I suggesting is a rank 10 spell. so lets use math. rebirth heals for 640 base plus gives a 400 shield for total equivalent heal of 1040 or a 148 per pip aoe heal can be cast every 4 rounds. unicorn does 275 with no special effects for a total of 91 per pip aoe heal. sprite is a hot heal single target that heals for 300 per pip, availing hands one of the weaker hots does 850 at 4 pips or 212.5 per pip. fairy a single target instant heal does 480 at 2 pips for 240 per pip heal and satyr does 860 at 4 pips for 215 per pip. so now we have established per pip for previous heals, lets view this spell properly.

at 1800 aoe for 4 pips plus shadow pip (worth 6) that puts it at 180 per pip which would be weakest heal excluding pet only spell batusi. this ticks for 6 rounds so only ticking 300 per round. so lets surmise the casting wizard had 100% outgoing and 50% incoming and each member had 50% incoming (don't know of anyone who has those numbers so can rest pretty comfy that this is an efficiency limit for healers. so now they healing 600 per tick. lets suppose they had on guiding and brilliant lights. now its 1521 a tick. due to cost a healer will never win global bubble war so no need to even count that. an enchanted bug at average storm damage boost does 3200 damage and 7200 with only 3 blades. while this spell would heal over 6 rounds 9200.
1st, let's compare it to 's previous heal all spells; not heals. Using your maths, the only heal alls give 91-148 per pip. They average to 119.5, or 120. Counting the pip as 6 (which I wouldn't) would give you a 1,200 heal all. You suggest that+half! To reach that, it must be 9+1 pips; which are my exact thoughts, except I even lowered it.

Also, you say 180 is the lowest. You yourself said that there's 148, 91, a single target, another school, another single and another single again. The only heal alls you can name are less than 5/6 than what you suggest.

And lastly; this is a heal. Not an attack. They work differently. Sprite did almost triple the attacks of similar spells. They can't be calculated the same way, which is why I said a -heal would be interesting.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
1st, let's compare it to 's previous heal all spells; not heals. Using your maths, the only heal alls give 91-148 per pip. They average to 119.5, or 120. Counting the pip as 6 (which I wouldn't) would give you a 1,200 heal all. You suggest that+half! To reach that, it must be 9+1 pips; which are my exact thoughts, except I even lowered it.

Also, you say 180 is the lowest. You yourself said that there's 148, 91, a single target, another school, another single and another single again. The only heal alls you can name are less than 5/6 than what you suggest.

And lastly; this is a heal. Not an attack. They work differently. Sprite did almost triple the attacks of similar spells. They can't be calculated the same way, which is why I said a -heal would be interesting.
you are the one forgetting heals work differently. dot heals have a significantly higher per pip ratio because they are hots and the fact that I suggesting the spell be 6 turns instead of the normal 3 it does make it the weakest in that regard. if it was instant applied yes it would be op, but I not suggesting that it be instant.and as I have stated this is a rank 10 heal and I suggesting only a 50% increase over the rank 5 heal with it being an aoe and over 6 rounds instead of normal 3. thus in this regards it is balanced for several reasons. 1. it is balanced because it is only healing 300 a tick which is in the normal range for hots. 2.puts balance into the primary healing game which is sorely needed since its too much to ask for there to be only one aoe heal class out of 7 classes. 3. gives healers a chance to counter the shadow based attacks through healing as with a 6 round heal they would not be reliant in trying to cover a bug, or raging bull or similar high rank, high damage, most likely critical, most likely not blocked or resisted attacks one would expect to see, as this would allow them to buff and cast heal before damage was inflicted rather then having to wait till after its inflicted and now they are faced with heal debuffs and having to do as much heal as a bug or raging bull with no heal blade buffs.

what I am suggesting is in no way op. one I am suggesting that rather then the normal solo fight to get a new spell this requires both life and balance and thereby can be made much harder to aquire as well. also don't forget you only have about 16-20% chance at a shadow pip with lvl 100-110 gear.