Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A heirloom system.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2014
I think when someone has a max-level wizard, and wants to make a new wizard, could consult Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court and purchase a set of gear for 300,000 gold.
There would be 7 different sets, based on the new wizard's school. It's stats would scale up as the wizard levelled up. When purchased, it would immediatly be placed in the Shared Bank, for the new wizard to retrieve.

This would make it easier for veterans who have to switch wizards every 5 levels to get new gear for a wizard they are levelling.

Anyone else agree?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
John Le Sway on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
I think when someone has a max-level wizard, and wants to make a new wizard, could consult Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court and purchase a set of gear for 300,000 gold.
There would be 7 different sets, based on the new wizard's school. It's stats would scale up as the wizard levelled up. When purchased, it would immediatly be placed in the Shared Bank, for the new wizard to retrieve.

This would make it easier for veterans who have to switch wizards every 5 levels to get new gear for a wizard they are levelling.

Anyone else agree?
Something like this would be OK but how many wizards actually wear one set of gear all of the time? Maybe some do but I know in my case I have "gear sets" that I switch to depending on what type of enemy I'm going up against. One set of "heirloom" gear would be fixed stats... at least the particular stats it grants. You said it would scale up as the wizard levels but, for example, that would'nt change the type of defense stats the gear might offer. If I have a set that gives great defense boost against Fire, it's not going to help much if I'm up against Death enemies. Or a high critical chance won't be much use against a blocking boss. If there were a set with universal defense, universal damage boost, universal block etc., then that would be a useful heirloom. I would suggest only one set to be called "Heirloom Raimants" that would grant all of the above. This would make it a truly valuable family item that could be passed down to the next generation.

Community Leader
I think this is a great idea, especially for those who don't have max level friends to carry them. This would also eliminate the need for running Waterworks when you hit level 60 just for questing.

However, the stats you get from the gear should be only enough for questing. Players should be encouraged to use actual gear if they want to play side content like Aquila or any of the Four Dungeons.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
man0fbass on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
I think this is a great idea, especially for those who don't have max level friends to carry them. This would also eliminate the need for running Waterworks when you hit level 60 just for questing.

However, the stats you get from the gear should be only enough for questing. Players should be encouraged to use actual gear if they want to play side content like Aquila or any of the Four Dungeons.
Waterworks gear isn't necessary for questing. Wintertusk crafted gear at level 56 works just fine until you can get Avalon and Azteca crafted gear.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
This is the heirloom system from WoW isn't it?

Anyways, I agree that we need gear of something that we can readily use to level up our other characters because frankly, the XP potions are just not worth it.

Here are my suggestions:
  • Make it good - even though the gear gives bonus XP, it has to have good stats to make it worthwhile since it does cost like 300k (if it does cost 300k).
  • Make it no PVP - because PVP is messed up enough. The point of these gear is to quest, not PVP.
  • Make it cost crowns? - Personally I don't like this idea, but it can be used to make a profit. These gear are not required to level up your character, but if people want to, they can pay a little ... right?
  • Make the XP count. 5% bonus XP on hat, boot, and robe, 5% on athame and ring (25% bonus XP), not too shabby really. Just don't make the grand total 10% like the XP potion, because that potion is rubbish.