Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

school help please

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 02, 2011
Please tell me what the ups and downs of each school are. Thanks!

your captain

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
The only one I've played so far is Life.

ups: really really really good at healing, lots of hp, Spirit Shield for free
downs: really really really terrible at dealing damage, people often call on you to help them

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Storm
pros: massive damage. high critical rating later in game
cons: very low health. very low accuracy.
Storm is the basic blade and hit school. If you want fast battles then storm is for you. The low health makes it important to hit fast and hard.

Fire
Pros: Higher than average damage. Damage over Time (DoT) spells eliminate shields.
Cons: low health. low accuracy. DoT's make it difficult to use traps and converts.
Fire is also a blade and hit school. The DoT's add a little strategy to the school.

Ice
Pros: Massive health. Decent accuracy. Gear made for defense.
Cons: Very low damage. Don't get school blade until level 38. Takes a lot of boosts to get high damage
Ice is great for being a tank in team play. Playing solo with Ice takes time. Their low damage makes battles longer, but they do have the health and defense to withstand the longer battles.

Balance
Pros: Decent health, decent accuracy. mixture of all schools. No balance specific shield.
cons: only has universal blades that makes stacking boosts difficult. no convert, although spectral blast and hydra is good for same school battles.
Balance is great for support in team play. Solo play with balance takes a carefully thought out deck, yet they have a lot of tricks to use during fights.

Death
Pros: decent health, decent accuracy. hit and heal. feint spell
cons: low damage. lack of mass attack until level 48
great for solo play. can be both hitter or support in group play

Life
Pros: a lot of heals, great accuracy, great health
cons: more heals than attacks at lower levels. no mass attack until level 58.
Life is great for team play. Can also be used for solo battles. Just don't expect short fights.

Myth
Pros: decent damage. decent accuracy. double hits to eliminate shields. minions.
cons: double hits makes using converts and traps difficult. minions become less helpful at higher levels.
Myth takes higher strategy than the other schools. good for team play, and solo play

I hope this helps.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Here's my take on the schools I've done so far:

: Basically the "kill-or-be-killed" school. You deal heavy damage in exchange for low health and (initially) low accuracy, which can be mitigated by making 80% accuracy TCs out of your attacks with Keen Eyes. You can pretty much OHKO anything with a Stormblade + Windstorm combo, and Tempest is the best AOE compared to and .
: Pretty notorious for its drain spells. You don't really have as much of variety in the way of attacking, and most of your fights in WC will be Deathblade + Deathtrap and Ghoul, which can hit up to 300.
: The healing school. They're identical to in which you have a lot of health but deal less damage, but you can also heal. Soloing will take a little longer but you can usually heal yourself to keep the fight going. You're not a damage-dealer in the early game though until level 10 when you get Nature's Wrath, and later on Seraph.
: The support school, but you can start dealing good damage later. You have a mixture of , and no shields or prisms to block your attacks save for Tower Shield. You get your first AoE earlier than the other schools but you hit for weaker damage. Judgment is quite good though, like a single-target version of Tempest.