Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to deffend agasint the infamous glowbug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
Now I'm pretty sure we have all faced that one lvl 100 storm out there that has glowbug and will one shot your entire team.(Counting blades they will insta kill you usually a 45% + a 35% blade will do the trick,not counting critical)
Now we all know there are a limited amount of universal resistance jewels out there.And that is troubling to some people consider Storms As all know are op.

Now A way to avoid that is of course is
Jade Hood of Mystery (Level 90+): 21% universal Resist
Jade Robe of Mystery (Level 90+): 22% universal Resist
Mysterious Jade Boots (Level 90+): 16% universal Resist
The Heartsteel (Level 1-100): 5% universal Resist
Amulet of divine Influence (Level 90+): 3% universal Resist
Hathi's Victory Band (Level 62+): 5% universal Resist
Clear Defense Amethyst (Level 85+): +40 Storm Resist
If Possible Try to get a pet with Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying maxed to the highest levels for: 21% universal Resist
All together it leads up to a nightmare of 125 resist to the storm school
and 67 resist to other schools.
and +1,360 more health thanks to the set.All together this is an op combination for level 100's only
It worth it for dueling a storm in a pvp tournament and useful for pvp all around
I hope you enjoyed this and correct me on my math if I am wrong on anything or My pronunciation was off.Thank you and Have a good pvp day :D Mason LionBlood level 50

Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
You seem to have added the +40 flat resist from the storm amethyst into the total storm resist. All of that resist is great and all, but when someone shrikes as well as combined with their own pierce that resist doesn't help to much. Also, maxing out the resist on your pet wastes space for other stats, unless you really feel like that extra few resist is worth sacrificing for.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Champ5051 on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
You seem to have added the +40 flat resist from the storm amethyst into the total storm resist. All of that resist is great and all, but when someone shrikes as well as combined with their own pierce that resist doesn't help to much. Also, maxing out the resist on your pet wastes space for other stats, unless you really feel like that extra few resist is worth sacrificing for.
flat resist doesn't effect normal resist (even level 0) won't get storm resist

flat resist would help protect resist more to (immune armor pierce damage) but flat resist doesn't effect normal resist (but would rather only use) star jewel resist because there better (those jewel for pet only, they do effect real resist)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PureLionBlood on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Now I'm pretty sure we have all faced that one lvl 100 storm out there that has glowbug and will one shot your entire team.(Counting blades they will insta kill you usually a 45% + a 35% blade will do the trick,not counting critical)
Now we all know there are a limited amount of universal resistance jewels out there.And that is troubling to some people consider Storms As all know are op.

Now A way to avoid that is of course is
Jade Hood of Mystery (Level 90+): 21% universal Resist
Jade Robe of Mystery (Level 90+): 22% universal Resist
Mysterious Jade Boots (Level 90+): 16% universal Resist
The Heartsteel (Level 1-100): 5% universal Resist
Amulet of divine Influence (Level 90+): 3% universal Resist
Hathi's Victory Band (Level 62+): 5% universal Resist
Clear Defense Amethyst (Level 85+): +40 Storm Resist
If Possible Try to get a pet with Spell-Proof and Spell-Defying maxed to the highest levels for: 21% universal Resist
All together it leads up to a nightmare of 125 resist to the storm school
and 67 resist to other schools.
and +1,360 more health thanks to the set.All together this is an op combination for level 100's only
It worth it for dueling a storm in a pvp tournament and useful for pvp all around
I hope you enjoyed this and correct me on my math if I am wrong on anything or My pronunciation was off.Thank you and Have a good pvp day :D Mason LionBlood level 50
wait until get level 100 & get rockstar kicks (better jade gear boots for level 100) no outgoing or incoming heal but help give damage

(if use) terror hoard pack damage wand

(epic card level 100) cost 10 pips as maycast (don't need 10 pips for it) attack 1000 damage

(wouldn't worry about 10 pips spell or damage so, much)

everyone use universe resist because others people resist the school even don't have that school resist still resist it unless resist stat is universe able resist others school for school don't have resist for!

Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
JustinFrostHunter on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:
flat resist doesn't effect normal resist (even level 0) won't get storm resist

flat resist would help protect resist more to (immune armor pierce damage) but flat resist doesn't effect normal resist (but would rather only use) star jewel resist because there better (those jewel for pet only, they do effect real resist)
Yes I know all that. I said in my first sentence that he had added the flat resist to the total percentage of storm resist, which was incorrect. Also when I was talking about maxing out proof and defy, I said I felt it wasn't worth using up other talents for a little more resist, not about getting it from a pet jewel. (Which would be more preferable)