Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP ranking doesn't add up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
I have a level 31 War Lord with a 1700 rank. I can't get past 1700 because I keep going against Grand war lords! I rarely ever get first. I would say I get to go first every ten battles. I am even going against level 69! How is this fair? No matter my skill, the advantage is in their court. If they go first, it's an almost for sure win for the Grands. I think KI should give players a warning of the unfair advantage. Just like they do in tournaments. That way you can decide if you want to join a fight that isn't worth it. How is ranked PVP any different than tournament PVP? (besides losing rank and spending crowns) The same system should be put in place.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2012
*I also think it might be fair to let the person with the disadvantage to always go first. That would even the playing field a bit more.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I myself have a level 30 and I fought quite the handful of Grandmater and Legendary Overlords (a few Transcendent commanders and Promethean sergeants) and all I can say is be ready to tank. KI will never make it so that you will only fight people your level, this way it avoids rank inflation. The best advice I could give is to use a pet with Charm Chopper and Vehement Vanquisher.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Look on the bright side: AT LEAST YOUR A WARLORD! I can understand that PvP can sometimes be unfair, but I don't quite believe you go first every tenth time. Sure, maybe it is like that for a couple hours but there are those moments where you can get lucky too.
- Gabrielle Silversword