Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Initiative Rating or Surprise Resistance

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 29, 2011
This is a suggestion for the Game Devs:

How about creating a new player statistic that would increase the chance of having first turn in a duel? It could be called "Initiative Rating" or "Surprise Resistance", and would be enhanced by gear, pet talents and jewels.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Please no. No more stats. You can't get more fair than pure 50/50 luck. Let's keep it that way.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
If KI were to implement this into the game it would be abused too much by everyone and break pvp more than it already is. One person goes first one goes second 1/2 chance you will get to go first, I like how the system is right now, it is fair in the selection.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
DarkWIZard98x on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
If KI were to implement this into the game it would be abused too much by everyone and break pvp more than it already is. One person goes first one goes second 1/2 chance you will get to go first, I like how the system is right now, it is fair in the selection.

Mason Greenbane Exalted
Within the Wizard101 combat system, a 50/50 chance of going first is NOT fair. As everyone who participates in PvP knows -- Whoever goes first has a decided advantage. That's why they give an extra pip to players with second turn (which started the second age of PvP), and that still doesn't make it fair. The only way it would be completely fair is if the outcome of both players' spells were determined simultaneously, which would require a complete combat system redesign, and that sort of update just isn't going to happen. My suggestion would at least give some kind of control to the players, allowing them to have an effect on the outcome of whoever goes first, just like in real combat. I think the addition of an "Initiative" or "Surprise" stat would be an improvement to the game, and would be no more detrimental to PvP than Stun Resist, Critical Hit or Critical Block. I think it would make PvE more fun and more fair as well.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary