Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you like pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Hi wizards so my topic is do you like pvp? Sure you get cool stuff but only when your in certain ranks. My friend, Jack, he is a warlord, exalted , and I always think to myself *mind speaking*: How does he get to Warlord!?!?! If you probably didn't guess by now I am terrible at pvp I won 10 times and lost 34 times . Do you think Kingsisle should've added this fun but also tense decision making battle arena? Leave your opinions down and cya in the spiral.

-Brianna Ghostflame (level 83)

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Brianna Ghostflame on Jun 16, 2015 wrote:
Hi wizards so my topic is do you like pvp? Sure you get cool stuff but only when your in certain ranks. My friend, Jack, he is a warlord, exalted , and I always think to myself *mind speaking*: How does he get to Warlord!?!?! If you probably didn't guess by now I am terrible at pvp I won 10 times and lost 34 times . Do you think Kingsisle should've added this fun but also tense decision making battle arena? Leave your opinions down and cya in the spiral.

Ok Wizard101 PvP is mostly focused on gear and equipment.
Also some experience with to correct card use and correct deck set up.
PvP is fun, but it is like 3-4 times worse than it used to be.
Most of the reasons are people, but that is because game allows the, to be that way.
Currently game focused on PvE and doesn't take into consideration any of people complaints about PvP.
It is drastically broken. Those who take 1st turn mostly have a great advantage. The best solution for that would be to get people a chance based on their own to decide who is first or second. Adding some kind of new attribute that would basically determine who is first or second.
Now since I already said few issues I am going to say wether I like PvP or not.
Yes, I love PvP and enjoy playing it. Ranked is way broken based on matchmaking system that is currently in play.
So I just stick with practice for now. If thing get changed I maybe get back to ranked but I don't see them changed in the near future.

Nicholas Star

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Oh hi Nicholas. And you were talking about gear and equipment yes I did I made a noob char and got all the gear from crown shop but still I ended up loosing anyway. So uh I don't know if I have something wrong or doing it wrong then let me know we to do for my level (83)

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Not really, I only do it for the commander gear and the warlord badge.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I love PvP but not for the same reasons as most people. I like to have fun with my friends and try new strategies. It's usually funny how ideas turn out to fail but there are those moments where you are so excited when you have succeeded. On the other hand, I think PvP is taken WAY too seriously. It's just a game! Lots of people put all their time and effort into getting the perfect partner, the perfect armor, the perfect rank. Others even have the nerve to cheat just to become more popular. It doesn't make much sense. So, overall, I am glad that wizard101 has PvP yet I wish we can approach it differently. Thanks for reading!
- Gabrielle Silversword

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
Well, Besides Ice Storm and Balance being Extremely hard to Defeat (Judgement And Mana Burn) I think its really cool I myself don't PVP That much as I'm not a Good In Player Vs Player but in Player Vs Enviroment I am pretty good I can solo almost anything up To Celestia And to me I think that's an Achievement, On the other hand Its really hard to Get Arena Tickets to buy that Insane gear.

But In General PVP is a Great way to learn how to Fight Alongside other people In PVE I mean Like You learn to Cooperate With other people When you're in a Dual with A Monster with other People, In all I think PVP Is Cool and they Should Keep Adding on to it!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think PvP brings out the worst in people. PvPers are stereotypically the rudest, most insulting, most elitest people in the game. How do I know this? Because of all the posts I see about people doing these kinds of things. Now, to be fair, I KNOW it's not all of the PvPers.

I feel the game would have been better without PvP. Why? Look at all the threads, on this forum alone, about the huge split between PvP and PvE, things getting nerfed, complainers about a PvE spell ruining PvP etc etc etc. As far as Im concerned, if they got rid of PvP entirely, i'd love it..... though I know others would hate it and possibly leave the game

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014

there was once glitch of that (when lose was: 843883489939939993

no don't like pvp (same people with warlord badge) already have there warlord keep coming back for more warlord let someone else get warlord badge (don't age warlord) every set? won't get warlord badge until pvp warlord age 10 or 100 higher age (age set get to high) more to pvp are sore losers at pvp

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Oh hi Nicholas. And you were talking about gear and equipment yes I did I made a noob char and got all the gear from crown shop but still I ended up loosing anyway. So uh I don't know if I have something wrong or doing it wrong then let me know we to do for my level (83)
Sorry for late reply.
If you need help with pvp we can set up time and realm and meet in game.
I will be able to walk you through and help you with pvp.

Nicholas Star