Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I would like some serious nerfing of Dragonspyre.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
I've found that the quest Friend of a Friend is a bit too hard for my liking. The difficulty shoots straight up from rank 6 orange to rank 7 orange. I would like this difficulty spike to be nerfed a little( if you don't know what that means then 1. you must be new to these kinds of forums or mmo's as a whole 2. It means to lower the difficulty.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Welcome to the message boards!
I was balance (forgot which level) and had no problem with any of dragonspyre. What school and level is your wizard? Perhaps you could find some hints, if not, there are plenty of nice people who would help you, but most importantly, try doing some side quests to level up.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Are you talking about 'Friend of My Friend'? The initial DS quest? If so, I'm sorry you're having trouble with that quest, but in my opinion it's not that hard, pretty straightforward. A veteran MMO/RPG player like yourself should have no trouble with it. The only real challenge is Zarathax, and that's only if you're a Balance Wizard. Other than that it's a bunch of mobs. Just my opinion. I can't see KI nerfing this one. Hope you have better luck in the future.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
n00bmeister on May 3, 2015 wrote:
I've found that the quest Friend of a Friend is a bit too hard for my liking. The difficulty shoots straight up from rank 6 orange to rank 7 orange. I would like this difficulty spike to be nerfed a little( if you don't know what that means then 1. you must be new to these kinds of forums or mmo's as a whole 2. It means to lower the difficulty.
Nah its fine dragon spy is 1 of the 3 most easits worlds it also helps you get ready for higher world like cl Winter tusk and Aztec and ect

and truthfully every world starts to spike near the middle or end so you start getting into the flow of your enemy's being stronger so you get ready for harder battle's from the other worlds

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I'm not sure what level or school you are, but Dragonspyre isn't too difficult. If you have not done side quests up to this point, my suggestion is to get those done, as they will help immensely with game play in Dragonspyre.

I've taken every school and have done side quests and some without side quests through DS (and I have 12 wizards).

It's not difficult if you just take your time and know what needs to be done

Happy Hunting!!!!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I found Dragonspyre relatively easy, but that might be because I completed Wintertusk and every side quest before I started Dragonspyre.

Try doing that. Levelling up in Wintertusk typically puts you about 10 levels ahead of where you should be in the game for Dragonspyre and Celestia. Makes them quite manageable.