Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cool looking gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 15, 2013
Hi wizards, I was wondering if their is any cool looking gear in the spiral and where to get it. Thnx for the info in advance.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
I don't place much value in the appearance of my gear.

When it comes to gear I go for what will benefit me the most at the time. If something takes too much effort to get, I settle for the next best thing.

Take Zeus gear, for instance, Zeus never dropped his gear for me when I ran the Olympus instance. I knew that I wouldn't need Olympus gear for very long; so, I settled for the Senator gear I got from him instead and continued with my questing.

Waterworks gear is the best gear wizards can have from levels 60-80+ and it took me over 20 tries for the full set. Not long after I got the full set that I realized I desperately needed better blocking against bosses. I did some research and found out that the best blocking comes from boots and wands. The boots I could get by crafting them; so, I bought a recipe for them from Shane, a leprechaun recipe vendor in Avalon's Wild, and crafted them.

I'm still wearing my Waterworks robe and hat, but my boots are the ones I crafted.

Some wizards spare crowns on the seamstress to stitch items together just to maintain a preferred appearance while keeping the benefits of their best gear.

You can also dye your gear in the Marketplace in whatever colors are available. Gold is so easy to come by in the game at later levels that I often change my own colors if I get bored of them after a while, lol!