Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stats not adding up?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
I just started a pet and my damage adds up to 100, but my stats are only showing 99. is there a cap to damage? can I only get 99? I have tried to contact KI but wont let me email them through my email I used to set up the account. are the stats on my other gear right too? does it say I get a bonus but don't? anyone?

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I don't think there is a cap cause I saw storm wizards with 110 damage before

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
didn't think so either I tried to contact support but my client isn't properly installed so I used my other mail server I haven't heard anything back yet. but I don't want to play anymore till I get it figured out.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
should be clear, my pet got a boost to damage but I didn't get it, on my wizard.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Let's say you have a pet with two damage talents. When you look at your pet's stats, it says that it gives you 8% and 6% damage. These values are rounded. For example, the other one might actually be 7.7% and the other one 5.6%, but they're shown differently. Now, when the stats are added to your wizard, you think you'd get 14% damage, but you get 13%. That's because your pet's talents' damage values are added together for a sum total of 13.3%, which gets rounded to 13%. That's why you might get one percent less damage than you'd think.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Saffron the Epic on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
it got fixed
I doubt it, as it probably wasn't a bug in the first place. If your pet's Strength or Will was increased, then that's why.