Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
Ok have you ever done any boss and their was a storm wizard who has 100+ damage 450+ criticak and you are a fire or myth wizard and felt useless like you are always the runner up and never attack?

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I am a balance wizard...mostly I sit in the background and blade people anyways, although I can pack a punch with judgement if I need to.
I actually appreciate those kinds of storm people. For me, it takes pressure off my shoulders.
Myrna Dragoncloud, Trans-descendant

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
rebirth5 on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
Ok have you ever done any boss and their was a storm wizard who has 100+ damage 450+ criticak and you are a fire or myth wizard and felt useless like you are always the runner up and never attack?
my fire and myth are both too low-level to really speak to those schools specifically. but i can still relate.

i'm a balance wizard, and we're pretty useless in darkmoor, since we are the only school unable to blade or trap at all in the final battle. and, since that's pretty well all we're good for, finding a team that will take us is more work than the actual dungeon.

(since you're not really good for anything else, your teammates don't believe in carrying their own heals and will expect you to do it for them, even though your only heal is an over-time and is not effective if your health is less than half. and then they blame you when they die.)

my storm actually has the opposite problem; super-high damage and great defensive stats (read: 42 universal resist and 270 crit block), but no critical. so people are like, you can't possibly be the damage dealer because you don't have critical.

(my response: well fine, i'll tank. because, even with fail health, i'll be the only one alive by round 3, since you can't block anything).

-von

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I'm life so i get it too people just make me heal and they attack :P

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Dr Von on Mar 22, 2015 wrote:
my fire and myth are both too low-level to really speak to those schools specifically. but i can still relate.

i'm a balance wizard, and we're pretty useless in darkmoor, since we are the only school unable to blade or trap at all in the final battle. and, since that's pretty well all we're good for, finding a team that will take us is more work than the actual dungeon.

(since you're not really good for anything else, your teammates don't believe in carrying their own heals and will expect you to do it for them, even though your only heal is an over-time and is not effective if your health is less than half. and then they blame you when they die.)

my storm actually has the opposite problem; super-high damage and great defensive stats (read: 42 universal resist and 270 crit block), but no critical. so people are like, you can't possibly be the damage dealer because you don't have critical.

(my response: well fine, i'll tank. because, even with fail health, i'll be the only one alive by round 3, since you can't block anything).

-von
I'd much rather have a storm with the damage to hit hard and the block to survive than a dead crit monster, especially considering the block the enemies have. Crit is nice against mobs, but not much help with top bosses, certainly not something to count on.

Your balance is welcome on my DM team. Balance is a great help for the first fights, and far from useless for the last. You can cast tri blades and traps, heal, mana-burn to prevent big attacks, reshuffle as needed, and use TC like cleanse, pierce, bubble changes, etc. If your primary damage is resisted or can't be buffed effectively, look for other ways to help. There are many options. Trust your abilities and don't get hung up on what you can't do.