Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you redeem a true friend code?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
I am a bit confused as to how friend codes work. I purchased 35$ worth of crowns, and I tried to use a true friend code someone gave me to get bonus crowns. It didn't work, so i tried typing in the friend code URL, and it tried to make me make a new account and it said purchases for 6$ or more would get you bonus crowns. So does that mean that I would have to make a new account from the beginning using that code to get bonus crowns? I just wanted to get bonus crowns on the account i already had, so how does this work? I appreciate any help.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You generate the code, then give it to your friend. They have to enter it in.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
Sorry I meant friend quests, not true friend quests.

Administrator
Champ5051 on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:
I am a bit confused as to how friend codes work. I purchased 35$ worth of crowns, and I tried to use a true friend code someone gave me to get bonus crowns. It didn't work, so i tried typing in the friend code URL, and it tried to make me make a new account and it said purchases for 6$ or more would get you bonus crowns. So does that mean that I would have to make a new account from the beginning using that code to get bonus crowns? I just wanted to get bonus crowns on the account i already had, so how does this work? I appreciate any help.
Your invited friend MUST use the code you gave them to register a NEW account.

Your invited friend must make a single Wizard101 purchase of $6 or more on that account in order for you to receive the Crowns.

If your friend is already playing Wizard101 with a free or paying account, you cannot get the Crowns gift by inviting them to play. But you can still have fun playing with your friend!

You feel that someone you invited has made a purchase and you did not receive the reward, contact our support team and tell them:
a) your account name (but never ever your password!)
b) your invite a friend code

They will be able to see all the people you have invited and if/when they made a qualifying purchase over $6.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
Ok thanks for the help. I just wish I had known about it before I created the account.