Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Needs More Love!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Okay, I am being honest here, but, Fire Magic needs more love. Sure its pretty strong, and has some pretty awesome spells like Rain of Fire and Efreet. But, something is missing. More effects. Fire is falling behind from being the second most powerful school to the new weakest school in game. We have pretty lower resistance (from what ive seen so far) and high health, but our spells dont do enough. Ice and Storm have spells that'll attack all enemies, stun them, taunt them and place overtimes all at once, when fire only gets a measly overtime damage. Its unfair. Fire seems to get the most basic, user-friendly interfaces while other schools have lots of more advantages then disadvantages. Ice has lower damage but higher accuracy, and tends to become pretty overpowered later on in the game, storm has bad resistance which magically gets really good, and their critical rates are extremely powerful. Myth summons minions and can remove all blade shields traps and weaknesses alike with a spell. But, Fire has hardly any notable advantages in battle with its spells. I am currently in Azteca, and still have yet to learn Backdraft, which is a really good spell for us. But we still have so many disadvantages. We need more things we can do, maybe give fire the highest critical rates? Or Maybe best power pips? It just seems unfair how all these other schools can do more effects at once when fire just has the one, mundane effect. Over and over and over and over, again.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
KieranMoonFlame on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
Okay, I am being honest here, but, Fire Magic needs more love. Sure its pretty strong, and has some pretty awesome spells like Rain of Fire and Efreet. But, something is missing. More effects. Fire is falling behind from being the second most powerful school to the new weakest school in game. We have pretty lower resistance (from what ive seen so far) and high health, but our spells dont do enough. Ice and Storm have spells that'll attack all enemies, stun them, taunt them and place overtimes all at once, when fire only gets a measly overtime damage. Its unfair. Fire seems to get the most basic, user-friendly interfaces while other schools have lots of more advantages then disadvantages. Ice has lower damage but higher accuracy, and tends to become pretty overpowered later on in the game, storm has bad resistance which magically gets really good, and their critical rates are extremely powerful. Myth summons minions and can remove all blade shields traps and weaknesses alike with a spell. But, Fire has hardly any notable advantages in battle with its spells. I am currently in Azteca, and still have yet to learn Backdraft, which is a really good spell for us. But we still have so many disadvantages. We need more things we can do, maybe give fire the highest critical rates? Or Maybe best power pips? It just seems unfair how all these other schools can do more effects at once when fire just has the one, mundane effect. Over and over and over and over, again.
You underestimate fire way too much

"when fire gets a measly overtime damage."
Please tell me that you are joking
overtime damage is amazing.
Especially when you face something that spams shields

Fire doesn't need a buff
Fire doesn't need a nerf
After seeing my lvl 90 friend fire.
I already know that it's gonna be my 2nd favorite class.

And seeing as you are in azteca
This is even more of a joke
If you were lvl 5 with fire elf then i'd understand why you wouldn't like DoT

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Uh dude have you played wizad101?

fire is just fine it like a mix of storm and ice and really only weakness it has is that it spells are mostly overtime

ice are power is low we get 3 all hit spells that are not that good

i mean comparing
rain of fire to snow angel rain of fire wins not only is it powerful and hits hard it dose over time that hit even harder then the first hit

giant compare to your dragon in pvp as soon as you cast gaint and it stun the enemy the enemy get for or five stun blocks so next time you cast giant stun don't work but when you cast dragon first hit powerful and you get good over time damge all you have to worry about is the enemy blocking

lets compare the new spells fire hits a lot more then the ice spell added you get 3 traps ice hits a good amount with that spell but only get a tower block? now dose that really seem fair?

snow ball and fire ball snow ball is weaker then your fire ball all hit spell

and the storm dude thee health only goes up to 4000 and now a days people are hitting 3000 to 5000 they are having the hardest time out of all the classes even know there power way high there health is a big big big weakness and them losing there fizzle rate i agree that was unfair

fire gets lots of love right now they need to worry about the balance of the game

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Just play the school you like the most.

If you think fire needs more love than you are NOT playing the school you like the most.
I'm a level 98 storm wizard. I have ok resistances, I have exceptional crit and damage, And I have horrific health and accuracy. And thats the way I like it, thats right, I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you can find the school where you feel that way thats the school you should play.

AdamStormTamer Level 98

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
What are you talking about.

Fire is doing just fine. Even when KI did reduce our stats (I remember it quite clearly) I barely noticed. It was by like, 2%. Correct me if I am wrong.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I agree with you fully.

I am a level 56 , and even I have noticed that Fire is now the most neutral school out of all of them. Ironically, Fire has lost its spice. It has become a mediocre school.

Defender
May 09, 2010
NeoNebula17 on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you fully.

I am a level 56 , and even I have noticed that Fire is now the most neutral school out of all of them. Ironically, Fire has lost its spice. It has become a mediocre school.
That's where you're wrong. Powerful and smartly balanced...fire is a commonly used and loved school that I see in no way as falling behind.

Defender
May 09, 2010
You have interesting points, yet that's where it ends. I think it's important to emphasize on the fact that Fire is a powerful and smartly balanced school. Those who disagree have some facts wrong. Rain of Fire, Fire from Above, Sun serpent...all powerful spells and if used well can be devastating to any enemy. The DoT is the big idea for the Fire school....it centralizes on damage over time, tearing through shields and chipping away at the enemy's health.

If any school is lacking...it's Myth. KI has seemingly abandoned its roots with minions and unique spells for a Storm knock-off with every new spell being high damage attacks with little unique credibility. Don't get me wrong, Myth is tough and resourceful yet I'm just pointing out the origin of Myths uniqueness have been replaced.

I hope you understand that all the schools are properly balanced with a few holes in the bowl here and there. Hope this helps...and have a nice day.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
sliver moon wolf on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
Uh dude have you played wizad101?

fire is just fine it like a mix of storm and ice and really only weakness it has is that it spells are mostly overtime

ice are power is low we get 3 all hit spells that are not that good

i mean comparing
rain of fire to snow angel rain of fire wins not only is it powerful and hits hard it dose over time that hit even harder then the first hit

giant compare to your dragon in pvp as soon as you cast gaint and it stun the enemy the enemy get for or five stun blocks so next time you cast giant stun don't work but when you cast dragon first hit powerful and you get good over time damge all you have to worry about is the enemy blocking

lets compare the new spells fire hits a lot more then the ice spell added you get 3 traps ice hits a good amount with that spell but only get a tower block? now dose that really seem fair?

snow ball and fire ball snow ball is weaker then your fire ball all hit spell

and the storm dude thee health only goes up to 4000 and now a days people are hitting 3000 to 5000 they are having the hardest time out of all the classes even know there power way high there health is a big big big weakness and them losing there fizzle rate i agree that was unfair

fire gets lots of love right now they need to worry about the balance of the game
I agree

annoying for wizard "have to much single spell" getting annoying

hard for us to use snow angel "when on there team" so, use there mass triage

because harder for can't use main gear because shadow magic (so, hard to beat)

wish "new spell for can use" keep people from using armor pierce

because do know shadow magic is kind annoying

"wish make up new school" want to be shadow magic wizard as real school maybe there class would be better then others class then would quit wizard (shadow magic as real class so, be real shadow magic wizard maybe able to get "shadow magic dispel"

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
lettup on Feb 18, 2015 wrote:
You have interesting points, yet that's where it ends. I think it's important to emphasize on the fact that Fire is a powerful and smartly balanced school. Those who disagree have some facts wrong. Rain of Fire, Fire from Above, Sun serpent...all powerful spells and if used well can be devastating to any enemy. The DoT is the big idea for the Fire school....it centralizes on damage over time, tearing through shields and chipping away at the enemy's health.

If any school is lacking...it's Myth. KI has seemingly abandoned its roots with minions and unique spells for a Storm knock-off with every new spell being high damage attacks with little unique credibility. Don't get me wrong, Myth is tough and resourceful yet I'm just pointing out the origin of Myths uniqueness have been replaced.

I hope you understand that all the schools are properly balanced with a few holes in the bowl here and there. Hope this helps...and have a nice day.

DoT isn't a Fire thing anymore! That's the problem! Yes, Myth is lacking, but that does not mean that Fire isn't. I mean, look at Death. Deer Knight, Poison, Skeletal Dragon, and Avenging Fossil are all spells that Death wizards learn that have Damage over Time. So what does Fire have? Nothing.

David ThunderMancer 56

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
NeoNebula17 on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
DoT isn't a Fire thing anymore! That's the problem! Yes, Myth is lacking, but that does not mean that Fire isn't. I mean, look at Death. Deer Knight, Poison, Skeletal Dragon, and Avenging Fossil are all spells that Death wizards learn that have Damage over Time. So what does Fire have? Nothing.

David ThunderMancer 56
That is where you are wrong
Seeing as you are lvl 56 storm or a little above
I would not expect you to understand anything about
What i said in my previous post

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
DeliciousGloves on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
That is where you are wrong
Seeing as you are lvl 56 storm or a little above
I would not expect you to understand anything about
What i said in my previous post
That sounds like elitism to me.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Personally, Fire is fine where it is. My level 62 fire is hanging around 1100-1300 rank at the moment with no real urge to get any higher than that, and is my one of my favorite schools to play. PvE is easy on any school with strategy and gear; without a mastery amulet or healing pet, he can easily kill everything within the first few rounds with Wyldfire and vengeance up. In PvP using the same boosts, can easily have consistent fire elves dealing close to a 1000 damage first turn, depending on enemy resist, with 500-600 damage each turn after. Casting four elves during a vengeance, can easily put out around 10,000 points of damage, which will kill most enemies. Can also use Efreet to spike damage with more risk of a shield dropping damage. The Fuel-Fire Beetle-Revenant-Any hit combo is difficult to block as well. Based on my experience in higher levels with other characters and treasure Backdrafts, the spell is mostly useful for Darkmoor and other bosses where you need a single hit to spike a lot of damage. In any other situation, enemies can be destroyed within 10 rounds with vengeance, double or triple feint, a blade or two, and a trap if you really feel the need. It doesn't matter what school you play, it matters how you play it.

Michael Firebringer, Overlord

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
Fire is a perfect school, Its not to weak or strong its ideal honestly. The one thing I hate is that like 70% of the enemies in most worlds are fire but hey, I just have to add prisms I guess.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There's only 2 issues I have with fire:

1) Lack of worthwhile after damage effects. I've made comments before about how schools, in general, waste tons of spells that could be utilized as after effects, and fire is no exception. Fire has:

Krampus with a -45% single target smoke screen
Efreet with a bad juju after effect
King Artorus with a Pierce buff and a stun.

Stuns, outside of PvP are mostly useless (MOST monsters are immune to it). While fire is one of the schools with a primary spell being stun (meaning it learns a spell whose sole purpose is to halt the enemy from casting spells), it's still lopsided. Looking at the schools with stunning effects:

Fire has one spell with a stun after effect after it learns its primary stun spell
Ice has 3 spells with stun after effect after it learns its primary stun spell
Storm gets a stun after effect without ever having a primary stun spell
Myth gets 2 spells with stun as an after effect after it learns its 2 primary stun spell. The after effects on Medusa, we'll note, stuns for 2 rounds not just one.

This is just a single example of after effect unfairness, and there's more

2) Lack of another single hit AoE spell. Many of us were not happy when FFA came out and it was a single hit.

If we look at all of the Darkmoor spells as a whole, there are issues with them. The L100 spells have issues that dont make sense for the school who casts them; some dont have any and some should have been AoE instead of single hit spells.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2009
I'm kane firesong in the game, playing a lot so many of you probably ever saw me. I am level 100 fire and trust me its nothing weak. I can solo the game up to morganthe (even her). There probably other school that can too but its all a matter on how you play the cards.

Playing this game since 2009, i can say its very well balanced compared to many rpg i played online. Plus its very hard to compare a character with another played by someone else in term of PvP or whatever you do in the game since not everyone play and think the same.

The only thing weak in this game is the shadow spell that cost 2 shadow. Not doing enough damage, take too long to cast (have to wait 3 round after you cast it so it pop and damage) and it take 2 useful shadow pip that could be used in an enhanced shadow spell or a shriek. Plus, it doesnt do much damage since global resistance also affect shadow and is usually around 50% with top gear, so damage is less than 1k, for 2 shadow pip and 3 round wait to cast. Thats completly not worth it. We should be able to boost shadow spell with colossal and have a third shadow pip to potentially combo with a shriek.

Also shape shift spell which are very cool doesnt do enough for 3 global pip since they are moon spell. Its fun to think you can play a school and another as a mastery but when its not efficient... Its just no fun to play those. And the game tend to go in that way with all the new double school items. Only "noob" use that. If you see the point.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
Ok... I'm a fire lvl 50 and fire is already strong for me. I maybe not use a regular spell but enchant them with monstrous treasure cards. thats about 200+ dmg or 100+ dmg I got heckhounds to fight the boss, efreet to one shot them when i'm about to go, DoTs to take off their shields. Its either 2 things and 1 of them is that you don't know how fire really is. look at heckhound a full pip with no dmg,blades,traps,anything does about 1k damage overtime then look at efreet. Blade, ElementalBlade, Feint. that should pretty much kill unless they got a shield. 2 fire is a easy wizard to play and pretty easy to play. to be honest. I think fire shouldn't be nerfed or anything. if its anything that should be nerfed its wild bolt. 2 pips for a thousand damage? i mean with storm damage critical and their new darkmoor gear pretty much gives them a lot of block and we can't critical on them. Either way their damage or critical makes the 10 damage basically do 500 or the 1000 to do about 2500. I've gotten wrecked by them in pvp cause of wild bolt and i couldn't pull up shields. so basically if your gonna say that fire needs more love then you should go to the commons and look at people stats. They're perfect.

-Kevin Wild Lvl50 Overlord

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Okay guys, jokes over.
Seriously, fire was my first school. I also felt it lost its luster awhile ago. But seeing other people play it, it really never did.. Fire is now overpowered in my opinion late game (Well, I pvp a lot so..) Not any good Damage over times? Seriously? They have more than ANY other school.
Fire Dots:
-Fire elf (Which gets pretty good when you can enchant and critical them late game) -Level 5
-Heckhound ( potentially strongest Dot at an early level, and perfect midgame for pvp/bosses) -lvl 18
-Link (get it early, deals a small Dot, plus a decent form of healing at the beginning) -forget, like lvl 10?
-Fire Dragon (I admit, it deals more damage on the initial hit, still good though) -lvl 48
-Power link (Easily the most spammed 4-pip move midgame in pvp, good damage with enchant and healing isn't bad at all. critical=so much win) -lvl 55
-Rain of fire (its more expensive, but its more focused on the actual Dot, rather than initial hit, and AOE)- Lvl 78
-Scald (5 pips, Aoe)
*Fire minion, and Fire from above even compliment the usage of Dots. fire from above is a bit op in my eyes, it deals damage + fuel. That's unique bro. Deaths avenging fossil, isn't really a good Dot, don't even compare that.
Sun serpent also adds luster to fire, as it comes directly from the sun, brilliant animation, and interesting effect.
Compared to storm, you're number two in terms of power and critical but you get better resist, health, and accuracy. Soloing is much better as fire, than storm. IMO You also get original spells; 2 stuns, steal blades, smoke,

At least you aren't myth bro. Myth needs it. We lost our core; minions fall apart later. Sure, shields are useless against us, but hey, Myths backround is even.. shakey, With Cyrus' bad attitude to go in the mix. You guys also have plenty of Aoe choices, we spam frog, and honestly fire is so similar to myth as shield breakers. cheap Dots can bust shields so effortlessly as well as keep some damage dealing consistent

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Ummm, fire is by far my favorite school. I'm probably biased because I'm fire myself, but it's just where it needs to be. Given the way fire was constructed, I would have quit this game if fire spells stunned to be honest. Our spells are so strong AND they have DoTs, that it would just be plain boring. These weaknesses are a good thing because they make the game more fun. If fire had been built even just a slight bit differently, I would agree with you. But because of the way that it is, I'm sorry, but I must disagree.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
I have to say fire is really strong and has a lot of things it can do plus its trully powerful if your not seeig what everyone else is seeing then its most likely cause your using inferior gear that makes your hits weaker than everyone elses causing your dots and hits to be really low damage.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Rikudo Sennin on Jun 6, 2015 wrote:
I have to say fire is really strong and has a lot of things it can do plus its trully powerful if your not seeig what everyone else is seeing then its most likely cause your using inferior gear that makes your hits weaker than everyone elses causing your dots and hits to be really low damage.
I feel like is the new . doesn't really have any attributes that stand out for me. Yes, it is a powerful school, but everything can do, another school can do it better. And every school has good gear. I don't think that is relevant.