Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Wizard101 centered around PvP?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I feel like everything we try to get and do in this game is for our overall benefit in the arena. Darkmoor or Hades gear with amazing stats for PvP. Pets that support with heals and resist and or give attack buffs for PvP. Attaining strategic spells for PvP, it never ends. What happened to the game being focused on the story line of the game? Does it mean nothing? Or is it just a means to get good gear to improve yourself? I feel as though everyone just wants to be the greatest wizard by beating people in PvP to prove their superiority as a wizard over the defeated. What do you think of this?

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
DarkWIZard98x on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:
I feel like everything we try to get and do in this game is for our overall benefit in the arena. Darkmoor or Hades gear with amazing stats for PvP. Pets that support with heals and resist and or give attack buffs for PvP. Attaining strategic spells for PvP, it never ends. What happened to the game being focused on the story line of the game? Does it mean nothing? Or is it just a means to get good gear to improve yourself? I feel as though everyone just wants to be the greatest wizard by beating people in PvP to prove their superiority as a wizard over the defeated. What do you think of this?
I do not PvP at all and I have found that the spells and gear really help me get through the storyline, I honestly don't think the game is centered around PvP.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I never PvP either. The game is about questing and battles, not PvP. PvP doesn't work right, never has, and is an optional portion of Wizard101.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
I don't think it would be.. PVP is completely optional in the game.

The gear that's in Darkmoor and Hades may just help out in Khyrsalis as well as the worlds to come.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I've been playing since beta; so what's PvP?

In truth, not every player is here for PvP. Sure, I tried it; because it was entertaining. I beat lots of players, and also lost too. And while there's nothing wrong with an hour or longer PvP match ending in a tie...

...I just find teaming with friends and family, and helping other players in need; more enjoyable over PvP!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I farm for gear to help me in PvE. Yes some spells for some schools are designed for PvP use, every school has some they never use in PvE. PvP players also have spells they never use because they are more useful in PvE. I feel the game is still focused on the storyline. People need something to keep busy between new worlds though. I garden, train, fish, farm for gear. Others PvP. I don't think the game centers on PvP at all. I'd say most players don't PvP at all.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Most people PVP scrictly for the Commander robe.. however the experience of PVP usually sucks them in.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
What's the purpose of getting stuff if you don't use it for PvP?
In PvE i can just sit in level 70 Crafted gear and Max Blade / Heal.
Lets be honest, Without PvP and all this filler improvement stuff we wouldn't have much to do between updates.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Eric Legendtamer on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
Lets be honest, Without PvP and all this filler improvement stuff we wouldn't have much to do between updates.
Um.... not really, there is still a lot of things that you can do. Fishing, Gardening, Breeding pets till you get the one that is most suited for you, Decorating houses, start another school try to go through it for awhile, just sit around a chat sometimes with friends online, help other players and teach them things about this game. There are to many possibilities in the game, not to mention farming for things that you don't want to waste your crowns on such as mega snacks, and certain seeds, like magma peas, and couch potatoes. PvP is nice and all but I don't think its oriented around PvP, because some people on the game like to solo most of the worlds, and they need the gear to help them through :D

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
They'd have to change how they updated to compensate. Besides, I dont PvP at ALL and Im not bored

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
Honestly, this game isn't centered around arena. The arena is so unbalanced right now and it's all about "who can one shot their opponent first." The gear that drops from various bosses is meant to help kill even the strongest bosses easily--give the player a sense of progression.

Defender
May 02, 2010
To get stuff to make PvE easier.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
J StormCatcher on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
To get stuff to make PvE easier.
At level 100 once you've completed Khrysalis and got all your gear from Malistaire, there is no need to make PvE easier, you are already done the storyline.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
PvP King on Feb 20, 2015 wrote:
At level 100 once you've completed Khrysalis and got all your gear from Malistaire, there is no need to make PvE easier, you are already done the storyline.
You're done with the existing storyline. The storyline isn't ended. There's new worlds to come.