Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prospective talents

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
First, let me issue the obligatory apology for questions I may ask that might have been answered in previous posts. This is a multi-layered question however so I don't feel too bad about asking it.

When hatching, I realize that you have a possible chance of getting a combination of talents from both of the parent pets. Are the potential talents limited to the talents that the parents have already manifested or can they also be talents that the parent pets MIGHT have gained?
For example: if a parent pet has the potential of getting talents A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I and K but at the time of hatching it has only gained A,C and H, can the offspring pet possibly get any of the unattained parental talents, or is it limited to the talents that the parent actually has at the time of hatching?

Also, some pets grant a spell card, for instance the Tarantula Hawk gives the Brimstone Revenant card. If the Tarantula Hawk is hatched with another pet that does not grant a spell card, let's say an Imp, and the result of the hatch is another Imp, can that pet gain the spell card or does the resulting pet have to be another Tarantula Hawk to gain the spell card? I'm only using these two pets as examples.

Thanks!

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
To answer your first question, if the talent is in either parent's pool the offspring has a chance of inheriting the talent. This is true of BOTH manifested and unmanifested talents.

The spell cards a pet gives are specific to that pet. In other words, using your Imp/Tarantula Hawk example, only a Tarantula Hawk offspring from a hatch will give the Brimstone Revenant card.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Grandmaster Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Magus Theurgist
Abigail Frogslinger, Journeyman Conjurer

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Miranda Nightsinge... on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
To answer your first question, if the talent is in either parent's pool the offspring has a chance of inheriting the talent. This is true of BOTH manifested and unmanifested talents.

The spell cards a pet gives are specific to that pet. In other words, using your Imp/Tarantula Hawk example, only a Tarantula Hawk offspring from a hatch will give the Brimstone Revenant card.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Grandmaster Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Magus Theurgist
Abigail Frogslinger, Journeyman Conjurer
Thanks Miranda,
I assumed that was the case on both counts but just wanted to be certain.